Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Redwing View Post
    I do wonder how D3 and FCS do their seedings. I think one or both give automatics to conf champs, but I have no idea how they pick the at large and seed the pool. I do like having one pot and then have geographical match ups as opposed to D2 forced regions. Many a time we hear in D2 that the product isn't as visible so it's difficult to measure one team vs another.. I counter that with.. Like D3 and FCS have more Bcast or streamed games? Not likely. Even if they do, are they really being watched/evaluated?

Suffice to say, change to selections seem to move at a glacier's pace, but I guess they do move.
    I was told D3 does conference champs then at-large. I'd be all for it.

Comment

Not understanding all of this drama. Whatever seed you got, doesn't matter. This was going to be set up so if things go chalk, Ferris, NWMS, Harding and GV were going to meet with match ups based on travel distance. I think we all seen that coming. Since 2016 the Regional champ has either been Ferris, NWMS or Harding. The selection committee has a good understanding of who's who and how they want them matched up. As everyone has seen, you can make the numbers say what you want them to say. Also pretty sure once the semis hit, Super Regions 2 and 3 will be ranked 1 and 2 so they have the possibility of ending up in the NC game.

Our region is a four headed monster that will beat the crap out of each other and then the winner goes limping into the Semis. I'm not thrilled to play anyone from seeds 2-4 but it is what it is. Ferris has a bye and 2-4 each have a home game to get things tuned up and then the real slaughter begins. Hopefully everyone stays as healthy as possible and we're not complaining about the refs screwing a team out of a game. Other than that, it's the playoffs. Can't hide behind poll rankings, Massey ratings or Inkblots stats. Everybody's good. Weaknesses get exposed. Teams from silo conferences will finally know how they match up.

All will be revealed.

Comment

Originally posted by DawgUp View Post
        Not understanding all of this drama. Whatever seed you got, doesn't matter. This was going to be set up so if things go chalk, Ferris, NWMS, Harding and GV were going to meet with match ups based on travel distance. I think we all seen that coming. Since 2016 the Regional champ has either been Ferris, NWMS or Harding. The selection committee has a good understanding of who's who and how they want them matched up. As everyone has seen, you can make the numbers say what you want them to say. Also pretty sure once the semis hit, Super Regions 2 and 3 will be ranked 1 and 2 so they have the possibility of ending up in the NC game.

Our region is a four headed monster that will beat the crap out of each other and then the winner goes limping into the Semis. I'm not thrilled to play anyone from seeds 2-4 but it is what it is. Ferris has a bye and 2-4 each have a home game to get things tuned up and then the real slaughter begins. Hopefully everyone stays as healthy as possible and we're not complaining about the refs screwing a team out of a game. Other than that, it's the playoffs. Can't hide behind poll rankings, Massey ratings or Inkblots stats. Everybody's good. Weaknesses get exposed. Teams from silo conferences will finally know how they match up.

All will be revealed.
        Bingo.

Comment

All will be revealed.
          Very well said Dawg. Good health to all the teams still in the hunt

Comment

D3 has 27 conference champions and 5 at-large bids. They have regional rankings that they use to filter the at-large candidates; the committee compares the top available team from each of the six regions, and after they select one, the next candidate from that team's region slides up to be compared to the other five.

Applying an auto-bid/at-large model to D2, you'd have 15 auto bids and 13 at-large bids.

There is no D2 sport in which selections are made on a national basis. In most sports, each conference gets an auto bid to the appropriate regional and the remaining spots are filled by the regional rankings.

Comment

All will be revealed.
              Agree with the mindset and message. I think most of us are more frustrated with the lack of consistency and methods of which teams are seeded. At the end of the day we are in the playoffs and nothing else matters.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
              Working...
              X