Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by KleShreen View Post

lol it doesn't matter. He didn't play in three full games due to injury, one of them against one of the better teams in the league in SVSU. We all understand he is very good, and was the best player on the field when he played. But he missed three full games. That's nearly a third of the season. That's it.
    I could be off but I assume it's only the conference games that counts and he did play in 5 of the 7 games. The SVSU game that he missed I think was a non conference game.

Comment

Originally posted by Woodbury View Post

I could be off but I assume it's only the conference games that counts and he did play in 5 of the 7 games. The SVSU game that he missed I think was a non conference game.
      I would be safe in assuming nobody is looking at conference-only numbers. The form to fill out includes full season stats, unless something has changed recently.

I guess my issue is that giving that award to Bernhardt when he missed three games, should mean that Bryce Young Walls should probably be the offensive back of the year because he averaged 8.1 yards per carry, which would have led the conference if he had enough carries. But since GV splits their carries up 4 ways, his counting numbers are lower. What's the difference between missing all your snaps in a row from missing entire games, or missing snaps every game for the duration of the season? If we're gonna give the awards to part-time players, then go all out with it. Give them all to the best players regardless of how much time they played. There's been plenty of guys over the years who have been clearly the best players in the league, but been left off the awards because they had injuries and missed significant time. He didn't even qualify for the conference leaderboards in rate stats because he didn't play enough.

To conclude - Was Bernhardt the best player in the league? Probably. I thought he was a horrendous passer but a good runner, and his passing was buoyed by having athletic WR's who can win jump balls. But he was still probably the best player in the league. However, given he missed nearly a third of the season, then it either doesn't make sense, or there's a lot of reconciliations that should be made in the past.
      Last edited by KleShreen; 11-19-2021, 10:11 AM.
      2021 D2Football Fantasy Champion

Comment

Originally posted by DawgUp View Post
        So just to make sure I understand this, you Allendalers watched every GLIAC game and were able to assess how much more dominant your player at said position was over another player? I'm sure TA got on the phone with all the other coaches and politic'd them into voting for his guys or any player NOT on GV right?

IDK, maybe he did a better coaching job this year than some other coaches. Maybe some of these kids showed up big against other teams and made an impression more than the GV kids. I mean you did beat NMU and Tech by the skin of your teeth. Possibly your all world players didn't look so good those games, and the other coaches noticed when watching film?

No matter, congrats to the players and teams that received honors.
        Do I think he calls other coaches? No. But he does have the Saban effect on his past coaches since 1. Hes an unreal coach who finds ways to always win the big ones 2. because hes very charismatic and makes everyone feel better while around him. I think the other coaches in the league are biased towards his guys without thinking about it (I know some of the head guys and 1 is forsure knowingly biased.) Or maybe because they all run crappy programs and want jobs after they get canned

Comment

Originally posted by GV Retired Bum View Post

Do I think he calls other coaches? No. But he does have the Saban effect on his past coaches since 1. Hes an unreal coach who finds ways to always win the big ones 2. because hes very charismatic and makes everyone feel better while around him. I think the other coaches in the league are biased towards his guys without thinking about it (I know some of the head guys and 1 is forsure knowingly biased.) Or maybe because they all run crappy programs and want jobs after they get canned
          Maybe. But I figure....He won the GLIAC, has the #1 rated team in the country and region, only undefeated team in the country, 2nd ranked offense in the country, #1 passing and rushing offense in the GLIAC...I reckon their might be a guy or 2 who contributed to that happening this year that deserves a wee bit of credit. Also the coaches watch a ton of film on these players as well as trying to game plan a way to stop them. They have their own insight into who's who, those besides the 2 who are strictly biased towards FSU players that is.. :-)

Saban effect..lol The Saban effect is having a crap load of 5 star 1st round talent and brutalizing everyone in the country. Pretty sure this year Georgia will have more all SEC players than Alabama because they're winning.

To the winner goes the spoils.

Comment

Originally posted by GV Retired Bum View Post

You GV guys are the worst complainers - If it was your guy that won POY you be all over it... but he didn't. Move on ....5 of you on here crying!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by FSUBulldog27 View Post

You GV guys are the worst complainers - If it was your guy that won POY you be all over it... but he didn't. Move on ....5 of you on here crying!!!!
              Probably because our guy should have won based on his individual stats. Since it is an individual award. I would go into a deeper dive and break it all down for you but I dont need to read your mouth breather responses

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
              Working...
              X