Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GVSU vs. Ferris

Any word if this game will will have a TV broadcast or free streaming?

There will be free streaming. It's required to have free, live video (with commentators) to host in the playoffs. I'm guessing it will be here: https://portal.stretchinternet.com/ferris/
    2021 D2Football Fantasy Champion

Comment

We're gonna get the good toaster hooked up for this game so we can broadcast in razor-sharp 240p

Comment

Hide your kids, hide your wife, lock your doors, and hold on for dear like. A playoff rematch with teams who hate each other.

Comment

Originally posted by KleShreen View Post
          There will be free streaming. It's required to have free, live video (with commentators) to host in the playoffs. I'm guessing it will be here: https://portal.stretchinternet.com/ferris/
          Thanks. I did not know that.

Comment

You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

The website scrapes schedules from the school sites, and Ferris is the only school in the conference that puts future playoff games on the schedule. I swear there's a thread about this from '18 or '19 but I can't be bothered to find it.

Comment

Originally posted by Mk63NuclearBomb View Post

The website scrapes schedules from the school sites, and Ferris is the only school in the conference that puts future playoff games on the schedule. I swear there's a thread about this from '18 or '19 but I can't be bothered to find it.
                NO ITS A CONSPIRACYYY THE GAME IS FIXED FROM THE START /s

Comment

The GLIAC has nothing to do with the schedule pages on their website. The schools maintain their own schedules, and then the GLIAC website pulls from the school websites if the school websites are Presto just like the GLIAC is. And if the school doesn't use a Presto website, then the school has to manually go in and add their schedule to the GLIAC website.

That is only there because Ferris chooses to list all possible playoff games on their own website, and so the GLIAC website automatically pulls in that schedule.

Comment

The GLIAC has nothing to do with the schedule pages on their website. The schools maintain their own schedules, and then the GLIAC website pulls from the school websites if the school websites are Presto just like the GLIAC is. And if the school doesn't use a Presto website, then the school has to manually go in and add their schedule to the GLIAC website.

That is only there because Ferris chooses to list all possible playoff games on their own website, and so the GLIAC website automatically pulls in that schedule.
                    I find it odd that GVSU also has the games on their schedule yet they are not listed as is the Ferris schedule? Perhaps GVSU kicking the GLIAC to the curb has them feeling pissy.

Comment

Originally posted by yote_7 View Post

NO ITS A CONSPIRACYYY THE GAME IS FIXED FROM THE START /s

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by MrsThortonMelon View Post

I find it odd that GVSU also has the games on their schedule yet they are not listed as is the Ferris schedule? Perhaps GVSU kicking the GLIAC to the curb has them feeling pissy.
                          Because GVSU does not use a Presto website. They use Sidearm, so there's no connection between the GVSU website and the GLIAC website. GVSU staff has to manually go in to the GLIAC website and add their own schedules to the GLIAC website. They chose not to add the games they didn't have an opponent for yet. Some schools do it, some don't. Just a matter of preference.

Comment

Originally posted by MrsThortonMelon View Post

Yeah, that line that the PO games aren't on the schedule is old, and inaccurate. Then it has to be by a specific company. Sure, yup. Like they say though, games aren't won on paper.

Comment

Because GVSU does not use a Presto website. They use Sidearm, so there's no connection between the GVSU website and the GLIAC website. GVSU staff has to manually go in to the GLIAC website and add their own schedules to the GLIAC website. They chose not to do that. Some schools do it, some don't. Just a matter of preference.
                              Whatever, i don't care how valid the reason is. The conference has the responsibility to put out correct information. So if GV used Presto, what team would be in that slot? Are the Bsdogs the only GLIAC team using Presto? If so..hmm, sounds like the GLIAC is kissing up to the Bsdogs then, no? ;-)

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X