Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ferris - LR

Terrific OOC game set up, the new and improved LR stadium looks awesome.

With this being a week 2 game, does that mean Ashland dropped FSU and will not do a return trip to Big Rapids?

It's a fantastic non-con game.

Comment

Great OOC match up. Wish we had more of these top tier games. If nothing has changed I believe GV opens with Colorado Mines and then goes to Colorado State Pueblo the next week.

Comment

Originally posted by Woodbury View Post
        Great OOC match up. Wish we had more of these top tier games. If nothing has changed I believe GV opens with Colorado Mines and then goes to Colorado State Pueblo the next week.
        Yeah, decent matchups with Mines and Pueblo to start the season. There's a non-conference game with Wayne State, and we're playing American International College out of the NE-10. The one I'm still trying to figure out is Lincoln University out of Oakland California. Looks like they're some small school that would make Hillsdale's enrollment look big that just recently started up an athletic department.

Comment

It looks like it's a new program and it might be only their second season.

Comment

They might be a fun one to watch. The coach wants to give the team top shelf experience. Probably explains why he's got no issue playing GV. The athletics there are interesting. For example, Gary Payton is their men's BBall coach. Sounds like the school is trying to get quality programs. Trying and getting are two different things, but got to tip ones hat to how they're starting anyway.

Comment

That Lincoln game will be a massacre. Central Wash. beat them 92-0. Probably only team that would take the game that week, but sheesh. Gotta wait and see what kind of rabbit Ferris can pull out of their hat for another OOC. So far Findlay and LR that I'm aware of. Might have to play another SAC or a maybe a Gulf South team.

Comment

Originally posted by DawgUp View Post
                That Lincoln game will be a massacre. Central Wash. beat them 92-0. Probably only team that would take the game that week, but sheesh. Gotta wait and see what kind of rabbit Ferris can pull out of their hat for another OOC. So far Findlay and LR that I'm aware of. Might have to play another SAC or a maybe a Gulf South team.
                Good Luck with that. We're not even the biggest thing in our own conference and no one wants to play us. Welcome to the party...

Comment

Little doubt. I think it's also Family Day for GV which ends up being one of the bigger attendance games, regardless of the opponent. So they'll get the whole experience.

I don't have much on their current talent level, but I think the coach wants to send a message that they want to be solid. No clue how large a budget these guys have, but they seem to fly to most games. Likely little choice with their location.

Comment

Originally posted by Redwing View Post

Little doubt. I think it's also Family Day for GV which ends up being one of the bigger attendance games, regardless of the opponent. So they'll get the whole experience.

I don't have much on their current talent level, but I think the coach wants to send a message that they want to be solid. No clue how large a budget these guys have, but they seem to fly to most games. Likely little choice with their location.
                    Will GV pay them some for the game?

Comment

Originally posted by yote_7 View Post

Will GV pay them some for the game?
                      I don't know, but I would suspect they will. Since it doesn't sound like a H&H I'm betting that GV is paying them some amount.

Comment

Central Washington also owes us a return game at some point, maybe they make the trip out in October or something.

Comment

Correct. Lincoln (Calif.) apparently played several LSC teams last season and, unless I'm mistaken, are not yet affiliated with NCAA/NAIA.
                          Cal U (Pa.) Class of 2014

Comment

Originally posted by GLIAC Fan View Post
                            Terrific OOC game set up, the new and improved LR stadium looks awesome.

With this being a week 2 game, does that mean Ashland dropped FSU and will not do a return trip to Big Rapids?
                            Ashland is scheduled to play Findlay in Week 2. The GMAC's new schedule with the addition of Northwood appears to have played a role in Ashland dropping Ferris from the schedule:

https://greatmidwestsports.com/docum...al.pdf?id=2993

Factoring in their "cross-over" games against GLVC teams (save for Northwood) in Weeks 3 and 4, the GMAC basically is using the remaining nine weeks for conference play with each team having an open date (Ashland's open date happens to be Week 1, when they face NDC).
                            Cal U (Pa.) Class of 2014

Comment

Originally posted by ctrabs74 View Post

Ashland is scheduled to play Findlay in Week 2. The GMAC's new schedule with the addition of Northwood appears to have played a role in Ashland dropping Ferris from the schedule
                              Figured that was the case. Between scheduling alliances and silo scheduling along with the GLIAC bleeding teams, Ferris and GV are going to struggle to find OOC in the near future.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X