Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kyle Nystrom Resigns from Northern Michigan

https://nmuwildcats.com/news/2022/11...all-coach.aspx

I'm sure plenty of GLIAC names will be involved in the search. I know of at least one coach who was a finalist for the job back in 2016 when Nystrom got it who is still around.

Northwood's head coach, Leonard Haynes, also resigned. I'm guessing that will be another popular spot for current GLIAC assistants.
    2021 D2Football Fantasy Champion

Not gonna lie I am gonna miss those press conferences at NMU...Kyle was sure an interesting guy, wish him the best!

Comment

Originally posted by KleShreen View Post

Northwood's head coach, Leonard Haynes, also resigned.
      I wish Paul Winters would resign. Three 9 loss seasons out of the past four! Next season could be a winless one altogether if he stays or doesn't get fired.

Comment

I love when coaches "resign" lol

Idk about the northwood situation so I wont speculate on that. BUT, Nystrom got canned for many reasons. Great to see NMU make the right move, they play in a cool city and amazing venue. Should be able to compete at a much higher level if they bring the right guy in.

To be clear, much higher level means not losing by 50. They will never actually be good again.

Comment

Originally posted by WayneStatesman View Post

I wish Paul Winters would resign. Three 9 loss seasons out of the past four! Next season could be a winless one altogether if he stays or doesn't get fired.
          You’re really in a tough spot where you have an AD that isn’t currently serving as AD and have the Chief of Staff filling in in the interim. If the AD was fired and Wallace had full control of the program, getting rid of Winters might be possible. As of right now though, I doubt anything will happen.

Comment

Originally posted by BeachinLaker View Post

You’re really in a tough spot where you have an AD that isn’t currently serving as AD and have the Chief of Staff filling in in the interim. If the AD was fired and Wallace had full control of the program, getting rid of Winters might be possible. As of right now though, I doubt anything will happen.
            And its not like he's exactly has put together a resent record that would have other programs interested in hiring him away from WSU.

Comment

Originally posted by bigmrg74 View Post

And its not like he's exactly has put together a resent record that would have other programs interested in hiring him away from WSU.
              I don't see anybody wanting to hire this guy as a head coach. That makes it unlikely he would voluntarily resign. It would not surprise me however, to see Winters get promoted to the AD job. Then of course he would be responsible for hiring his replacement as HC. That would be like adding insult to injury. What a mess we are in at ole Wayne State.

Comment

Just throwing a senario out there that may be best for all parties. Now that Northwood is open, that could potentially be a fit, I think Winters could win there. So he goes for the Northwood job with an understanding that he is not going to be back at Wayne long term. Then Wayne in turns pays him something like a 25% buyout of his current salary and with that and what Northwood would pay he could still coach and it wouldn't be a huge pay cut. Now, granted I'm not sure Winters would want to keep coaching/coach and Northwood and I also don't know if Northwood would have any interest but this would be an interesting scenario at least.

Comment

All depends on if Northwood is interested in winning football games again hahahaha

There is a slight connection for Winters there. Antwon Robinson, the current WSU D coordinator, had a brief stint at NU as DBs coach.

Comment

Originally posted by KleShreen View Post

I'm sure plenty of GLIAC names will be involved in the search. I know of at least one coach who was a finalist for the job back in 2016 when Nystrom got it who is still around.

Northwood's head coach, Leonard Haynes, also resigned. I'm guessing that will be another popular spot for current GLIAC assistants.
                    The world is upside down. NMU won 4 games this season and their head coach resigns. Northwood won 3 games this season and their head coach resigns. On the other hand, Wayne State only won one game this season and 2 games last season and their head coach not only doesn't resign but it looks like he won't even get fired!

This doesn't make any sense. Either I'm living in an alternate universe or WSU exists in an alternate universe. Winters and the WSU administration must think this is still 2011 not 2022.

Comment

A certain Wildcat alum who recently became available could be an interesting candidate for the NMU job.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X