Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wayne Salaries

From the scoop “Tyrone Wheatley has inked a four-year deal that averages $207,500 in base pay, per the Detroit Free Press. His predecessor, Paul Winters, made just over $273,000 in his 19th and final season.”

Both of those numbers are even higher that I thought and pretty shocking to me. Seems it would be smarter to put some of that money in an assistant coach salary pool or for other things in the program.

What do the oc and DC make? What about pos. Coaches?

Comment

A lot of programs give a coordinator an asst. Hc tag so they can share the wealth and hold onto him a little longer.

Comment

Originally posted by Predatory Primates View Post
        What do the oc and DC make? What about pos. Coaches?
        I don’t know exact figures but from what I’ve heard in the past is that they make on par (more or less) with the rest of the GLIAC. Wayne also doesn’t (or in the past at least) have as many full time coaches as some of the other GLIAC schools do.

Comment

Originally posted by Gliac_fan10 View Post

I don’t know exact figures but from what I’ve heard in the past is that they make on par (more or less) with the rest of the GLIAC. Wayne also doesn’t (or in the past at least) have as many full time coaches as some of the other GLIAC schools do.
          Sounds like they can't afford to because they're overpaying the head coach. Idk? Maybe?
          Last edited by Predatory Primates; 01-31-2023, 09:00 PM.

Comment

Odd, considering the lower athletic funding and lower cost of living.

Comment

What do the HC's at GVSU and Ferris St. make? Shouldn't they be paid a lot more based on their records compared to what Winters made? If Winters was paid 270 g's shouldn't Annese get paid about 2 million? Anyway I'm curious to see what the HC's that actually produced results got paid vs a guy that produced very little.

Comment

Originally posted by WayneStatesman View Post
                What do the HC's at GVSU and Ferris St. make? Shouldn't they be paid a lot more based on their records compared to what Winters made? If Winters was paid 270 g's shouldn't Annese get paid about 2 million? Anyway I'm curious to see what the HC's that actually produced results got paid vs a guy that produced very little.
                No, that Winters salary is outrageous. Per the Detroit News, Matt Mitchell was making approximately 170k in his last season: https://www.detroitnews.com/story/sp...l/69842311007/

And from what is available online, Annese made about 130k in 2018. I would think, after two national titles, he's probably around 200k now? I assume he's getting some pay raises with those wins.
                2021 D2Football Fantasy Champion

Comment

It's too bad there is such a huge gap in compensation at the different levels. The best coaches in D2 aren't even making what school superintendents are making, while position coaches in the SEC make north of $400K. Every time there's a head coach opening, schools reach out to their guys who've climbed the ranks and are Power 5 assistants. It would be a massive sacrifice to cut your salary by 75%. Ultimately it hurts the head coaching pool at D2.

Comment

Originally posted by chargerblue View Post
                    It's too bad there is such a huge gap in compensation at the different levels. The best coaches in D2 aren't even making what school superintendents are making, while position coaches in the SEC make north of $400K. Every time there's a head coach opening, schools reach out to their guys who've climbed the ranks and are Power 5 assistants. It would be a massive sacrifice to cut your salary by 75%. Ultimately it hurts the head coaching pool at D2.
                    I think that speaks more to how out of control the P5 has become. They might as well call themselves the NFL G League at this point. With that said, a scholarship college head coach should be making no less than $175,000.

Wayne State, though, seems to love overpaying. The fact that Winters was making $275,000 is egregious.

Comment

Originally posted by BeachinLaker View Post

I think that speaks more to how out of control the P5 has become. They might as well call themselves the NFL G League at this point. With that said, a scholarship college head coach should be making no less than $175,000.

Wayne State, though, seems to love overpaying. The fact that Winters was making $275,000 is egregious.
                      Not many D2 head coaches make 175. Most are closer to 125.

Comment

Originally posted by BeachinLaker View Post

The fact that Winters was making $275,000 is egregious.
                        This could be one of the reasons the AD was forced to "retire".

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X