Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Northern Michigan should install the Option.

Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LeftSider View Post

I’m saying they all met up together, yes. Now you’re getting it.
    Again, false, not sure why you are even trolling. Also did you not watch the game vs GVSU? GV played their back 7 way different vs Harding than OBU or Northwest did.

Comment

Originally posted by Predatory Primates View Post
      What it does these days is allow teams to recruit players with a different skillset than the players everyone else is fighting over.
      Exactly. It's Moneyball.

Comment

Originally posted by Gliac_fan10 View Post

Again, false, not sure why you are even trolling. Also did you not watch the game vs GVSU? GV played their back 7 way different vs Harding than OBU or Northwest did.
        I’ve got it on good authority. This is not an argument, this is a statement of fact.

Comment

Originally posted by Brandon View Post

Exactly. It's Moneyball.
          NSU, emporia, and UCO asked me to camps but never sent an offer or PWO. Harding gave me an opportunity to play college football when no one else did. And we won a lot of games that those guys didn’t. That’s the same story that most OL have that play at Harding.

Comment

I’ve got it on good authority. This is not an argument, this is a statement of fact.
            He gave no evidence, but I’m convinced because he used the word fact

Comment

NSU, emporia, and UCO asked me to camps but never sent an offer or PWO. Harding gave me an opportunity to play college football when no one else did. And we won a lot of games that those guys didn’t. That’s the same story that most OL have that play at Harding.
              Yes.

Comment

lol the coaches prepped for Harding months ago. They got OBU and NWMS to come and teach them. Lemme tell ya, the things you saw this year will be studied by flexbone minds and they will find crash that lil loser party. I legit hate OBU, Harding should always run the score up on those bozo’s.
                dude. first of all if that was the case, pretty sure obu would be the ones getting advice not grand valley. and nw wasn't taking anything extra on during the season you knucklehead, they had their hands full. yall won the championship, you can quit with the world is against us nonsense.

Comment

Originally posted by KleShreen View Post

You're saying that GV coaches traveled, five months ago, to Northwest Missouri and Ouachita Baptist, to get tips on how to stop an offense they've historically had little trouble stopping?
                  That trip would have had to be 4 years ago or so, because they stopped it by recruiting and developing absolute beasts up front. They didn't do anything fancy. Just put hats on hats and played disciplined, 1/11th defense.

Comment

I’ve said this before and I’ll say it again. Are there better/worse schemes to stop the flexbone…sure. But NW Miss nor GVSU stopped us because of scheme as we have seen other teams play us in about every def scheme you can throw at us. They stopped us because of personnel. In NW Miss case it was because they had the studs up front on the DL to win a lot of those one on one matchups. In GVSU’s case not only speed, but maybe the best open field tackling team I’ve ever seen at any level of football. So many perimeter plays were one on one on the edge (matchups we typically win) and they just had literally phenomenal open field tackling. So scheme is important but always, always boils down to the personnel you have to run it. NW Miss and GVSU had great great players and that’s the difference.

Comment

Addendum to that before fans of both go crazy. My post was to take nothing away from coaching because I believe NW Miss when we played them last and GVSU this year are prob two of the better coaches def teams we have seen. GVSU without going into great detail did some interesting things schematically for how they presented their outside read key a good portion of the game. Should have been some opportunity to take advantage throwing the ball against GVSU but I’m sure they were banking on our inability to capitalize and it paid off.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X