• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's on.

https://twitter.com/PittStGorillas/s...90iqlBzFA&s=19

Suck it, bulldogs.

Comment

Pitt coaches:. "Hmmmm. Let's see. The Whole Offensive staff is brand new, Running QB and best WR went D1. TE went NFL draft. 3 of 5 OL graduated."

"If only we could find an absolute meat grinder of a team to come in here and maul us on week 0."

Ferris: "I'm your huckleberry"

Both teams:
      "SR3 is too easy, let's turn this shizz up to 11"

Comment

Man...this is pretty cool...

Comment

Originally posted by Predatory Primates View Post
          Pitt coaches:. "Hmmmm. Let's see. The Whole Offensive staff is brand new, Running QB and best WR went D1. TE went NFL draft. 3 of 5 OL graduated."

"If only we could find an absolute meat grinder of a team to come in here and maul us on week 0."

Ferris: "I'm your huckleberry"

Both teams:
          "SR3 is too easy, let's turn this shizz up to 11"
          LETS GO!!!!!!!! - Make d2 Football great again LOL - Win or Lose love this scheduling!!!!!!!

GO Dawgs!!!

Comment

Would love to see this one. Don’t know what Ferris has coming back but Pitt will test them!

Comment

Hell I'm just happy we got a D2 game scheduled, in SR3 at that.

Let's go Dawgs!!!

Comment

Like donkey kong

Comment

Wow... That might end up being the game of the year in D2 football. Kudos to Pitt State and Ferris State for pulling this off.

I'm wondering if this ends up being a home-and-home or if it's just a one off, but wow, what a game that's going to be.
                  Cal U (Pa.) Class of 2014

Comment

Originally posted by ctrabs74 View Post
                    Wow... That might end up being the game of the year in D2 football. Kudos to Pitt State and Ferris State for pulling this off.

I'm wondering if this ends up being a home-and-home or if it's just a one off, but wow, what a game that's going to be.
                    It is a home and home for week 0

Comment

Originally posted by ctrabs74 View Post

It's definitely a home and home.

Comment

How is Ferris looking for 24?

Pitt loses 2 good DBs, and pretty good edge rusher to graduation. They lost their running QB and their best WR to D1 with the old coach. They lost the best recvg.TE in D2 and a great blocking TE to graduation. Lost their best all purpose back. Most concerning may be the loss of 3 out of 5 starting OL.

Transfer wise, they brought in 2 QBs, a RB, a LB, 2 dbs, and a couple of DL so far.

The HC and entire O staff is new. The D staff is intact. I expect the D to be really good again. I have no idea what to expect on offense, though. S and C guy is also new.

Comment

Originally posted by Predatory Primates View Post
                          How is Ferris looking for 24?
                          On offense they bring back quite a bit as far as numbers go, they lose a starter at IOL but they did rotate at OL quite a bit so they bring back 6 of the 7 guys who played quite a bit. CJ Jefferson who has been all conference and their best slot WR for the past 3 seasons is gone, which is a hit in both the run and pass game. Their field WR who came back from a '22 injury this past season has graduated, he was an all conference/all american type player before the injury. He was still very good in '23 but in my opinion their boundary outside WR was better. The rest of their WR/Slot guys are back. Lastly, on offense, their throwing QB, Mitchell, who was a really good player has graduated. I'd assuming their running QB, Gulker, will be the full time QB now. In the past TA has really tweaked his offense to fit the skill set of the QB. TA loves the plus one run game, which is Gulker's strength, but to elite at it, you need good blocking RB, which they haven't had for a number of years. Their starting RB is back but he is 5'6 and slight. It will be really interesting to see show the offense looks stylistically this year. For the first 7-8 years TA mostly relied on play action, and bubble screens in the passing game but with Mitchell at QB is was mostly 3 step, and some 5 step, both with primarily 5 man protection. I don't think Gulker is best suited at throwing the ball with 5 man protection so I'm very curious to see how the offense will look schematically this season.

DL is where they are hit the hardest with graduation. They rotated in 8/9 guys pretty regularly, and 6 of them were SR. They had 3 all-conference/boarderline all-americans on the DL, 2 of them were Sr. In the back end they bring back a lot, their NLB was a Sr and a very good player and they had a 1-year transfer corner who was an all-american. Everyone else should be back, which last I heard includes their two starting CB from '22 who did not play in '23. They struggled at times this past year at DB, and tried a lot of mixing a matching pieces in different games. They started playing more zone last year, which was a change from tight/press quarters which they had played mostly in the past. With the returning experience returning in the back end from both last year's team and '22, coupled with the fact they may not be as good at DL, I would expect more of a return to playing mostly tight/press quarters.

I am not too sure about what transfers they have in but TA always brings in quite a few guys, and I'd bet he for sure will be bringing in more of a throwing QB as they don't really have one on the roster right now. I'd also assuming they are wanting to re-tool some on the DL with transfers as well.
                          Last edited by Gliac_fan10; 01-30-2024, 11:03 AM.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X