Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: U Indy 2017

This loss should send a message to the Indy athletics department that they need to bag the GLVC if they are ever going to take the next step in football. You can't play so many cupcakes and be tested for the postseason. AU is headed for the GMAC. It's your move Indy.

Comment

Originally posted by wordman View Post
      I'm not shocked that Indy couldn't beat a 3 loss team from a weak Conference. Year after year Indy is overrated...........................word
      This specific poster (worddman) is the same neurotic troll from last year. How to manage a troll follows here.

Comment

Originally posted by eagler927 View Post
        This loss should send a message to the Indy athletics department that they need to bag the GLVC if they are ever going to take the next step in football. You can't play so many cupcakes and be tested for the postseason. AU is headed for the GMAC. It's your move Indy.
        Or join a conference where your metal will be tested week in and week out...the GLIAC..GMAC is cute however...and just wait until the GMAC and the GLIAC exchange places in Regions 1 and 3 if two teams do move....how funny will that be?

Comment

Thanks for their invitation. Love the GMAC for U Indy with it's strong private programs and potenial rivals. Going into this week Hero Sports even had the GMAC rated 1st using SOS PWR points, the GLIAC 2nd and the GLVC rated 6th of 17. GLVC had a good year still GMAC with Ashland is the much better fit.

Spent a few afternoons with the Ashland coaches talking to area high school coaches a few years back. Remember that Goldring kept showing up to check on something or another. I have some opinions about the outcome but won't comment other than Tarnowski and offense crew just need to move the ball and eat up time. U Indy QB Purichia bobbled the snap two times in a row when they were 1st and ten on the 2 yard line with two minutes to go. Crazy ending. Second mishandled snap was as the holder for the chip shot field goal. And threw 2 picks Saturday after only throwing two picks all year in 250-300 attempts. Otherwise he's probably the best I've seen this year. I'm happy with Ashland or Harding going forward so can't complain. Best of luck next weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by MrsThortonMelon View Post
            Or join a conference where your metal will be tested week in and week out...the GLIAC..GMAC is cute however...and just wait until the GMAC and the GLIAC exchange places in Regions 1 and 3 if two teams do move....how funny will that be?
            Yeah that would be hilarious. As if it would make any sense to have the conference to the East leave SR1 with all the other teams from the east to go to SR3. As long as the main goals are keeping the number of teams in each region about even and staying at geographic as possible, it makes little sense to swap out the GMAC and GLIAC.

Comment

Man do I get tired of hearing people bag on UIndy... It took 40mph winds, a 25 degree drop in temp, a 2 hour lightning delay and a driving 1st half rain for Harding to beat UIndy... and that was still not going to be enough until we bobbled 2 snaps in a row in the finals seconds... and I don't say that with any disrespect to Harding, football is not played in a vacuum and on that day they were more prepared, as a run only team, to compete. No excuses, I congratulate them and wish them the best. The only thing I regret is how these GLIAC and GMAC people here all said they wanted to play UIndy and trashed the Hounds at every turn... but we never got the chance to see it. Is the GLIAC and GMAC better than the GLVC? ABSOLUTELY, by a mile, no question, the GLVC is a horrible football conference... But it wasn't going to be a conference all-star game, it was going to be a game against UIndy and I personally think "this" UIndy team would have beat the sleeves off of any GLIAC or GMAC team who came to Indy this year. But that's just my opinion.
              Last edited by Regit; 11-27-2017, 03:51 PM.

Comment

Congrats to UIndy on a very good season. Meant to post this comment already. They will be back in PO's.

Comment

And... Kept a GLIAC team from seeing post season.

Comment

Originally posted by BillyGV View Post
                    yes you did - and that is why we wanted to play them because we knew they weren't that good and very beatable as you proved - even a team that can only run the ball can beat them - we admittedly said our D played terrible in that first game of the year and didn't play proper assignment ball and it cost them - they adjusted the next week and they played much better the remainder of the year - again, a one dimensional offense has not beat GV in well over a decade, maybe two - congrats on your win and good luck next week
                    Love this post... You do know that UIndy (a passing team) only threw the ball 9 times against you this year, but maybe we have different definitions of one-dimensional.

Comment

Originally posted by Regit View Post
                      Love this post... You do know that UIndy (a passing team) only threw the ball 9 times against you this year, but maybe we have different definitions of one-dimensional.
                      Just a heads up, sometimes those facts don't fly with the GV faithful.

Comment

Meh. That's just an excuse. A team can be legit and from a poor conference.

Comment

Best of luck to Harding later today. Road Warriors. Private school getting it done. At one of the pressers I just watched Harding HC Simmons said U Indy had the best running game they saw this year. But I'd say Harding has the best running game I've seen with that flex option. For one thing it's the super quick OLs.

In the Harding vs U Indy game it was going to be whoever had the ball last. Harding didn't pass vs U Indy because of the rain and high winds. And they came out after the 2 hour delay and didn't miss a beat at least still played U Indy even. U Indy ran the ball (because of the weather) all the way down the field the last drive. U Indy gave up two interceptions after only giving up two all year. Easy to make the case that U Indy played Harding better than Ashland and Ferris because U Indy had the ball 1st down on the two yard line with a minute to go before the two fumbles. The outcome was in U Indy's hands. Gotta manage the ball with wet hands.

At another presser Harding HC said the U Indy QB Purichia is like another RB. I'd say Harding QB Dingle is the best running QB I've seen this year. Now the suspension. Private school back up QBs are usually rs-frosh. Don't know if they can get it done without the starter today. Gotta have a sound mind in a sound body to play NCAA ball.

Comment

U Indy with a new OC last season and think that helped them vs GValley. GValley with a new OC this season. The table turned. Hope U Indy can keep them guessing.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X