Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Regional Rankings

Ferris has a pretty good Davenport and an easy win against Billy J left,
    OBU has a very tough SAU and Henderson who could jump up and beat someone on the right day.(Also worth a mention that Handerson and OBU are across the street from each other and rivals on a universal scale)
    GV has a very tough Ashland team and a Wayne State team that can jump and beat people on the right day.
    NWMSU has a very tough Hays team left, and central Mo who is pretty down with injuries right now.
    Indy has Truman who could jump up and bite them and a Hillsdale team with only one loss.
    SAU has a very tough OBU, and a UAM team they should beat.
    Hays has a very tough NW and a walk through against winless NSU.
    Harding has SEOSU and Ark Tech, and should probably beat both.
    Pitt has Washburn who they should beat, but who always plays them tough, and a walk through against a 1 win MoSo team.
    S and T has Truman and McKendree who are both middle of the pack but might be good enough to bite them on the wrong day.

Comment

Originally posted by Armo Wood View Post
      There is a chance that Pitt and Harding could switch places this week.
      And NW/GV SOS #'s went in opposite directions for them .

Comment

Originally posted by Boohaha View Post
        What is keeping a 9-1 s&t out at this point?
        They will eventually end up with same record as indy except Indy has H2H?

In comparison to SR 4 where CWU with a horrible sos sits at 8 and looks like they could bump out a 8-2 midwestern come season end for POS.
        No idea. I expected MO S&T to be in the RRs last week. The problem with SR3 is the fact that half the region does silo scheduling, so the committee has to use criteria other than SOS to help determine seeding. Essentially, it is a heavy dose of the human element.
        Last edited by Armo Wood; 10-29-2018, 01:58 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Predatory Primates View Post
          I'm just thinking about the trend towards balance we have seen in the region in recent years regarding PO spots. Then again, with this region, nothing is exactly surprising.

Comment

Although I saw the numbers, I haven't looked to see what they used to get them. Still, if they don't already, I wonder why the NCAA won't include teams that are on the schedule for the SOS. I get that anything can happen to cancel that game (and maybe that's why) but when heavy winning/losing teams are on the schedule, it usually has quite the impact on the SOS. In the end, it doesn't much matter but it likely adds to the fans frustrations when the teams bounce around. My suspicion is that most fans don't get that nuance with the RR's. Hell, I don't even get it more often than not.:confused:

Comment

---Week of October 29---
              SUPER REGION THREE
              1 Ferris St. 8-0 9-0
              2 Ouachita Baptist 9-0 9-0
              3 Grand Valley St. 6-1 8-1
              4 Northwest Mo. St. 8-1 8-1
              5 UIndy 7-1 7-1
              6 Southern Ark. 8-1 8-1
              7 Fort Hays St. 7-2 7-2
              8 Pittsburg St. 7-2 7-2
              9 Harding 7-2 7-2
              10 Missouri S&T 5-1 7-1

Comment

Originally posted by Redwing View Post
                Although I saw the numbers, I haven't looked to see what they used to get them. Still, if they don't already, I wonder why the NCAA won't include teams that are on the schedule for the SOS. I get that anything can happen to cancel that game (and maybe that's why) but when heavy winning/losing teams are on the schedule, it usually has quite the impact on the SOS. In the end, it doesn't much matter but it likely adds to the fans frustrations when the teams bounce around. My suspicion is that most fans don't get that nuance with the RR's. Hell, I don't even get it more often than not.:confused:
                I imagine the NCAA uses any mathematicians they have on the payroll figuring out how to maximize profits instead of prognosticating results.

Comment

If S&t wins out the committee can make a good statement about silo scheduling and leave one of the 2 loss teams from the Gac, Gliac, or miaa home.
                  I have fat thumbs sorry for typos!

Comment

What is keeping a 9-1 s&t out at this point?
                    They will eventually end up with same record as indy except Indy has H2H?

In comparison to SR 4 where CWU with a horrible sos sits at 8 and looks like they could bump out a 8-2 midwestern come season end for POS.
                    The CWU SOS appears to be stronger than S&T's. Anyone have those numbers?

EDIT: I was incorrect and looking at teh wrong numbers. Per TSU Mike below, Mo S&T has a better SOS.
                    Last edited by Runnin' Cat; 10-31-2018, 02:22 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Runnin' Cat View Post
                      The CWU SOS appears to be stronger than S&T's. Anyone have those numbers?
                      Per the NCAA's documents at the bottom of the regional rankings page:

Missouri S&T: .466
                      Central Washington: .421

Neither are good, but CWU's is really, really not good.

Comment

Originally posted by TSU_Mike59 View Post
                        Per the NCAA's documents at the bottom of the regional rankings page:

Missouri S&T: .466
                        Central Washington: .421

Neither are good, but CWU's is really, really not good.
                        And it will get worse with SW Baptist this week.

CWU does get APU to finish, so that might help.

Comment

If S&t wins out the committee can make a good statement about silo scheduling and leave one of the 2 loss teams from the Gac, Gliac, or miaa home.
                          I'm not following how or what statement would be made about Silo in this situation. Care to elaborate?

Comment

I'm not following how or what statement would be made about Silo in this situation. Care to elaborate?
                            I think he is getting at something like this:
                            If the committee got together and gave 2 PO Spots to the GLVC, 3 to the GLIAC, and 1 each to the GAC and MIAA and told them that is how it was going to be until they stopped the insular scheduling, I would be OK with it.

Comment

I think he is getting at something like this:
                              If the committee got together and gave 2 PO Spots to the GLVC, 3 to the GLIAC, and 1 each to the GAC and MIAA and told them that is how it was going to be until they stopped the insular scheduling, I would be OK with it.
                              I could see that spin, but he typed: "leave one of the 2 loss teams from the Gac, Gliac, or miaa home."

Comment

I could see that spin, but he typed: "leave one of the 2 loss teams from the Gac, Gliac, or miaa home."
                                My bad, i included GLIAC in the insular scheduling mistakenly. You guys do play with others! Otherwise what the other guy said.
                                I have fat thumbs sorry for typos!

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X