Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2023 Schedule

When does the conference typically release the schedules?

Originally posted by Peacockfan View Post
    When does the conference typically release the schedules?
    Generally, team by team is the first way schedules get released, usually in spring or summer. However, the GLVC and GMAC previously put out a full schedule for their crossover games, but with the Lindenwood shift I am not sure how much it would be useful.

Comment

Originally posted by Uindy18 View Post

Generally, team by team is the first way schedules get released, usually in spring or summer. However, the GLVC and GMAC previously put out a full schedule for their crossover games, but with the Lindenwood shift I am not sure how much it would be useful.
      I believe the GLVC/GMAC agreement was only for 2021 and 2022.

At any rate, the GLVC still has a 2023 schedule posted that includes Lindenwood (https://s3.amazonaws.com/glvcsports....ams_7games.pdf) – it seems plausible that Upper Iowa will just replace Lindenwood in the same dates.

Comment

With the addition of Thomas More, the GMAC should only have weeks one and two open and the crossovers were weeks 3 and 4. Unless, the GMAC has decided to move their open dates to weeks 3 and 4. They usually end up doing some weird crap so you never know. I never expect our schedule before June although last year somebody got hold of it sooner.

Comment

My understanding is GLVC/GMAC crossover is done. GLVC likely to go back to schedule as noted above by Inkblot with UIU entering into LWU spots and opening up weeks 1-4 for nonconference games.

Comment

I could see a GLIAC/GLVC schedule alliance for weeks 3 and 4 coming g up in 2023 and beyond.

Comment

Originally posted by GLIAC Fan View Post
              I could see a GLIAC/GLVC schedule alliance for weeks 3 and 4 coming g up in 2023 and beyond.
              That would be pretty neat, but it probably isn't all that likely. I don't work for either entity so while I can't speak to anything first hand, the word I have heard is that the GLIAC has inquired about such an alliance on more than one location and each time the GLVC has declined. Never say never, but...[

Comment

Thank you for the info! It’s going to be a long few months waiting to see how Upper Iowa fares in a new conference.

Comment

Does Upper Iowa begin GLVC play this fall? 2023 season.

Comment

Originally posted by GLIAC Fan View Post
                    Does Upper Iowa begin GLVC play this fall? 2023 season.
                    Yes.

Comment

Originally posted by Inkblot View Post

I believe the GLVC/GMAC agreement was only for 2021 and 2022.

At any rate, the GLVC still has a 2023 schedule posted that includes Lindenwood (https://s3.amazonaws.com/glvcsports....ams_7games.pdf) – it seems plausible that Upper Iowa will just replace Lindenwood in the same dates.
                      I would think that the 2023 schedule would have Upper Iowa take Lindenwood's spot on the schedule.
                      Cal U (Pa.) Class of 2014

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	40AA30F5-E199-43C5-914E-08AFD7ABA27C.jpg
Views:	342
Size:	50.9 KB
ID:	750394
                        Finally, the schedule is released.

Comment

Like the 3 home game in a row in Sept!!

Comment

So it looks like they slotted UIU into Lindenwood's old scheduling spot, but swapped a couple of dates around compared to the original schedule approved by the GLVC two years ago:

This was Lindenwood's GLVC schedule for 2023 (from the GLVC Schedule linked upthread):

9/30 McKendree*
                            10/7 at Missouri S&T
                            10/14 at William Jewell*
                            10/21 Southwest Baptist
                            10/28 at Indianapolis
                            11/4 Quincy*
                            11/11 at Truman State*

(*) indicates a date change between the 2021 approval and UIU's release of their schedule. McKendree/Jewell and Quincy/Truman are swapped, but the remaining dates are the same.
                            Cal U (Pa.) Class of 2014

Comment

The UINDY / Truman back to back road trips will be a test in weeks 9-10. S&T twice in four weeks will be interesting, too!

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X