Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GLVC 2023

https://glvcsports.com/news/2023/7/7...r-july-28.aspx

I think the Peacocks will be a one man band banging the drum for the GLVC it appears. Uindy will win the conference surely but UIU may be the most vocal school on the board for a few years

Comment

Originally posted by zimmy21 View Post

I think the Peacocks will be a one man band banging the drum for the GLVC it appears. Uindy will win the conference surely but UIU may be the most vocal school on the board for a few years
      Well at least I can have an intelligent conversation 😂

Comment

I’m sure UIndy will be ranked #1 in the preseason poll, but I think Truman has the potential to be scary good this year. They bring back nine starters on both sides of the ball - including starting QB Hair and all five O-Linemen, as well as four out of five in the secondary. They also added Hair’s brother Dylan, who was arguably one of the top 2 or 3 QBs in Missouri this past year and is a dual threat QB. They could put both of them in the back field right away and defenses will have no idea if run or pass is coming.

Comment

Originally posted by TSU_Mike59 View Post

I’m sure UIndy will be ranked #1 in the preseason poll, but I think Truman has the potential to be scary good this year. They bring back nine starters on both sides of the ball - including starting QB Hair and all five O-Linemen, as well as four out of five in the secondary. They also added Hair’s brother Dylan, who was arguably one of the top 2 or 3 QBs in Missouri this past year and is a dual threat QB. They could put both of them in the back field right away and defenses will have no idea if run or pass is coming.
          Nine back is great for you. Looking forward to a good game. UIndy needs to replace a couple WRs, couple LBs, couple DLs and a good RB. We're scary good at interior OL, DT, QB, WR, Safety.

Comment

https://glvcsports.com/news/2023/7/2...l-kickoff.aspx

Should be interesting to see where UIU lands in the preseason poll. We have been young the last couple years and haven’t faired well in the W-L columns but I think we can make some noise this year with having experienced players now and excitement around the program with the new conference. My biggest concern is QB play. We really haven’t had consistent, good decision making play from the qb since Cole Jaeschke.
            Last edited by Peacockfan; 07-22-2023, 07:43 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by TheDog View Post

Nine back is great for you. Looking forward to a good game. UIndy needs to replace a couple WRs, couple LBs, couple DLs and a good RB. We're scary good at interior OL, DT, QB, WR, Safety.
              Death. Taxes. Indianapolis putting out a great back.

Comment

Originally posted by Peacockfan View Post
                https://glvcsports.com/news/2023/7/2...l-kickoff.aspx

Should be interesting to see where UIU lands in the preseason poll. We have been young the last couple years and haven’t faired well in the W-L columns but I think we can make some noise this year with having experienced players now and excitement around the program with the new conference. My biggest concern is QB play. We really haven’t had consistent, good decision making play from the qb since Cole Jaeschke.
                Going to have to do some research into the peacocks. First year in a new league is hard for a number of reasons — every team is a new scout and every road trip has no familiarity.

Comment

Ha! Hoping you're correct. One of the top rated D3 RBs transferred in - national leader in Yds/Game. Also, Kellen Porter a junior now that got the start vs Oklahoma as a true freshman when he played for Missouri State. We'll see. RB an issue for us this year. Looking forward to the possibility of Hair brothers in the backfield at the same time. We're gonna have a veteran DB field.

Comment

Truman will have a shot against U Indy this year. Without Lindenwood only Truman being consistent in the conference. U Indy needs more conference competition to challenge the program to up it another level. This year personnel wise they need OTs and DLs to step up and inside LBs big time. They have a stable of RBs but need two to break out from the pack. Interesting that U Indy's first game is against Hillsdale with Hillsdale QB great Keller transferring to U Indy. Also he's a decent punter.

Comment

Hair was a good get. Pretty much the entire MIAA had sent him offers, among others.

Comment

Being a Bemidji Beavers alum I heard through the grapevine that one of the Beavers football staff is now at Jewell on the offensive side in some capacity. What difference does that make for the Cardinals ?

Comment

Did we get a new GLVC columnist? If not, anyone to recommend it to?
                          Last edited by TheDog; 07-29-2023, 12:14 AM.

Comment

I have stayed on the sideline and just read the blog in the past.... over the last few years the activity on the GLVC board has gone down a lot, so I decided to make an account to spark convo.

first thing I have to say is, the pre season poll, when you look at it, UINDY, TRUMAN...I think everyone can agree with that but I don't think this is a year where you just put the teams who historically have been good recently in the 3,4,5 spot.

If you dive into returners, and new signees at each school (which no coach who voted did) then I do not think that poll should look the way it does.

Comment

Originally posted by mwball View Post
                              I have stayed on the sideline and just read the blog in the past.... over the last few years the activity on the GLVC board has gone down a lot, so I decided to make an account to spark convo.

first thing I have to say is, the pre season poll, when you look at it, UINDY, TRUMAN...I think everyone can agree with that but I don't think this is a year where you just put the teams who historically have been good recently in the 3,4,5 spot.

If you dive into returners, and new signees at each school (which no coach who voted did) then I do not think that poll should look the way it does.
                              Preseason polls are laughable, even more so in the transfer portal era.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X