Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Southwest Baptist leaving MIAA

Originally posted by stubintner View Post
    At a time when colleges and universities are under financial stress, it's likely that conference decisions are made with more than football in mind.
    Bless You Stu......you're adorable, but don't anger the football gods.

Normal School No. 2
    Last edited by Kiss My Ass; 06-01-2018, 07:01 PM.

Comment

While y'all are talking about Lindenwood I'm pretty sure Northeastern State would love to find a new home for their football. A lot of disgruntled folks over there.

Comment

Originally posted by Techster88 View Post
        While y'all are talking about Lindenwood I'm pretty sure Northeastern State would love to find a new home for their football. A lot of disgruntled folks over there.
        Hopefully the LSC would welcome them back.

Comment

Originally posted by Kiss My Ass View Post
          Even though Lincoln plays football in the GLVC, would Lincoln want to make the total jump from the MIAA to the GLVC? I don't know...just asking. I don't want anybody in the MIAA that doesn't play football in the MIAA.....so that includes SBU, Lincoln, and Newman. Still don't understand the Newman thing.
          Lincoln won't be jumping to the GLVC since they don't sponsor the required number of core sports needed for membership in that league (as I found out after I posted my previous reply).

As I had said in an earlier thread (which may or may not be on these boards at this rate), it wasn't so much that the MIAA needed Newman, but Newman needed a landing spot once the Heartland-Lone Star merger takes place in 2019.
          Cal U (Pa.) Class of 2014

Comment

Originally posted by Brandon View Post
            Right, so the LSC can expand to 22 teams (presuming (1) the NCAA accepts UT-Tyler's transition from D3 into D2 AND (2) UT-Dallas follows suit)? If the GAC didn't have such a strong stance re: football as a requirement for membership, they could just as easily poach Cameron, Oklahoma Christian, Rogers State and UA-Fort Smith from the Lone Star, but that's a whole different thread...
            Cal U (Pa.) Class of 2014

Comment

Yeah not surprised by SBU leaving, now will see if Lincoln does something. If the GLVC says they have to have so many sports I wonder if that would change now after the move of SBU? As others have mentioned I'm confused by the Newman addition to the league.
              UNK Loper Football - 32 Conference Titles, 5 NCAA Playoff Appearances, 2 Harlon Hill Runner-Ups

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Micheal View Post
                  Yeah not surprised by SBU leaving, now will see if Lincoln does something. If the GLVC says they have to have so many sports I wonder if that would change now after the move of SBU? As others have mentioned I'm confused by the Newman addition to the league.

Comment

I like it. I want the MIAA to get back to 10 football schools which play non-conference games which could, in turn, entice the GAC and NSIC to play non-conference games as well.

These are some of the interesting non-conference games since the website started until the league stopped playing them (including teams that weren't in the league at the time):

UCM - Minnesota State, Concordia-St. Paul, Minnesota State, Arkansas Tech, Illinois State
                    UCO - Missouri Western, Emporia State, Pittsburg State, North Alabama, Cal Poly
                    ESU - Winona State, Central Oklahoma, Augustana
                    FHSU - Texas A&M-Commerce, Colorado School of Mines, New Mexico Highlands
                    MSSU - Ouachita Baptist, Harding, MSU Moorhead
                    MWSU - Central Oklahoma, St. Cloud, Minnesota Duluth, Northern State, Colorado Mesa
                    UNK - Nebraska-Omaha, Wayne State
                    NSU - Arkansas Tech
                    NW - Minnesota State, Nebraska-Omaha, Abilene Christian, Texas A&M-Kingsville, Sioux Falls, East Central, Eastern New Mexico, Saginaw Valley
                    PSU - East Central, Texas A&M-Commerce, Chadron State, Abilene Christian
                    WU - Colorado School of Mines, Western Washington, Chadron State, Missouri State, New Mexico Highlands, Abilene Christian, Sioux Falls, Fort Valley

Comment

Comment

I like it. I want the MIAA to get back to 10 football schools which play non-conference games which could, in turn, entice the GAC and NSIC to play non-conference games as well.

These are some of the interesting non-conference games since the website started until the league stopped playing them (including teams that weren't in the league at the time):

UCM - Minnesota State, Concordia-St. Paul, Minnesota State, Arkansas Tech, Illinois State
                        UCO - Missouri Western, Emporia State, Pittsburg State, North Alabama, Cal Poly
                        ESU - Winona State, Central Oklahoma, Augustana
                        FHSU - Texas A&M-Commerce, Colorado School of Mines, New Mexico Highlands
                        MSSU - Ouachita Baptist, Harding, MSU Moorhead
                        MWSU - Central Oklahoma, St. Cloud, Minnesota Duluth, Northern State, Colorado Mesa
                        UNK - Nebraska-Omaha, Wayne State
                        NSU - Arkansas Tech
                        NW - Minnesota State, Nebraska-Omaha, Abilene Christian, Texas A&M-Kingsville, Sioux Falls, East Central, Eastern New Mexico, Saginaw Valley
                        PSU - East Central, Texas A&M-Commerce, Chadron State, Abilene Christian
                        WU - Colorado School of Mines, Western Washington, Chadron State, Missouri State, New Mexico Highlands, Abilene Christian, Sioux Falls, Fort Valley

MW also had home-and-homes with Winona State and South Dakota along with UNK and FHSU before they joined the conference.

Comment

Originally posted by laker View Post
                          Ok, we've got Newman (mailman), how about somebody posting a picture of Alfred E. Neuman (MAD magazine)

I would do it but, I'm having computer issues (or computer operator issues)

Comment

Originally posted by laker View Post
                            Yep, this is what I picture every time Newman comes up. :laugh:

Comment

Originally posted by GrifFan View Post
                              MW also had home-and-homes with Winona State and South Dakota along with UNK and FHSU before they joined the conference.
                              Yeah. I was limited to the new database and should have been more clear. I was at the Winona, South Dakota, and Chadron State games played against Western.

Comment

Pitt had a few good games with gsc schools, too. By and large, they seemed to schedule patsies, though. Going after home game revenue instead of a good test.

Panhandle, ecu, uco when they were terrible, etc...

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X