Originally posted by GorillaTeacher View Post
    Did VisionPipe get the boot?
    i think so but idr the specifics.
    Go Bearcats!
    M-I-Z-Z-O-U!

Comment

Re: Rank the teams

Originally posted by da_miner View Post
      Give me a couple of weeks, a few gallons of coffee, and all of VisionPipe's forum posts and we could make an ai to simulate his and the other troll accounts if we really miss them.
      I feel bad making fun of him without him here, but his responses would probably be unintelligible anyways. I'm sure any chat bot would be too good at sentence structure.

Comment

Originally posted by northwest missouri state View Post
        1. cm
        2. fhs
        3. ps
        4. nwms
        5. co
        6. es
        7. lw
        8. wburn
        9. mw
        10. nk
        11. nest
        12. ms
        This is more bullish on the Bearcats than I expected.

Comment

Originally posted by GorillaTeacher View Post
          I feel bad making fun of him without him here, but his responses would probably be unintelligible anyways. I'm sure any chat bot would be too good at sentence structure.
          He's doing fine. I still have his cell and work numbers in my phone...
          IH8FERRIS

Comment

Who does hays have at home?

I

Comment

Originally posted by GrifFan View Post
              This is more bullish on the Bearcats than I expected.
              as you know hope springs eternal this time of yr
              Go Bearcats!
              M-I-Z-Z-O-U!

Comment

1.UCM
                - Arguably the most talented team in MIAA from year to year but never quite pull out the tough wins. Can they finally do it this year?
                2.NWMSU
                - Defense, Culture, Coaching... 'nuff said really..
                3.ESU
                - Homer pick.. Leadership should propel this team to do some great things this year
                4.FHSU
                - Their recent success reminds me of ESU so hopefully they fall off a little after a great season. They have to right? :fingers-crossed:
                5.PSU
                - I just don't quite see Pitt returning to form yet, if the Hornets handle business Week 2 it will be tough for PSU to bounce back.
                6.UCO
                7.WU
                - UCO and Washburn will dominate the bottom half of the league but I don't expect either team to have improved drastically.
                8.MWSU
                9.LU
                10.NSU
                11.UNK
                12.MSSU

Overall I hope to see a little more chaos in MIAA then we are accustomed to seeing but it's doubtful that will happen. To me it seems like it will be a bloodbath between NW, UCM, Hays and Emporia. Pitt finished the season strong last year but that momentum is long gone and the Gorillas haven't shown any drastic improvement for a long time so I don't really expect them to jump back to a high level this year. Emporia should field another powerful offense, and hopefully a defense that can get off the field. Leaders and playmakers on the team will be the difference, hopefully enough of a difference to squeak out some close wins. It will be very interesting to see what direction Hays goes this year, a lot more room to go down, rather than up for the Tigers and the top heavy conference might be too much to handle.

Should be a great season for the MIAA. Good luck and good health to all!

Comment

Originally posted by northwest missouri state View Post
                  as you know hope springs eternal this time of yr

Your optimism is inspiring.

Comment

Originally posted by Nightman420 View Post
                    1.UCM
                    - Arguably the most talented team in MIAA from year to year but never quite pull out the tough wins. Can they finally do it this year?
                    2.NWMSU
                    3.ESU
                    - Homer pick.. Leadership should propel this team to do some great things this year
                    4.FHSU
                    - Their recent success reminds me of ESU so hopefully they fall off a little after a great season. They have to right? :fingers-crossed:
                    5.PSU
                    - I just don't quite see Pitt returning to form yet, if the Hornets handle business Week 2 it will be tough for PSU to bounce back.
                    6.UCO
                    7.WU
                    - UCO and Washburn will dominate the bottom half of the league but I don't expect either team to have improved drastically.
                    8.MWSU
                    9.LU
                    10.NSU
                    11.UNK
                    12.MSSU

Overall I hope to see a little more chaos in MIAA then we are accustomed to seeing but it's doubtful that will happen. To me it seems like it will be a bloodbath between NW, UCM, Hays and Emporia. Pitt finished the season strong last year but that momentum is long gone and the Gorillas haven't shown any drastic improvement for a long time so I don't really expect them to jump back to a high level this year. Emporia should field another powerful offense, and hopefully a defense that can get off the field. Leaders and playmakers on the team will be the difference, hopefully enough of a difference to squeak out some close wins. It will be very interesting to see what direction Hays goes this year, a lot more room to go down, rather than up for the Tigers and the top heavy conference might be too much to handle.

What would you use to support this? Maybe under HCWF but I don't think this has been the case since JS arrived. How many have even sniffed a pro camp since?

Comment

1.UCM
                      2.NWMSU
                      3.ESU
                      4.FHSU
                      5.PSU
                      6.UCO
                      7.WU
                      8.MWSU
                      9.LU
                      10.NSU
                      11.UNK
                      12.MSSU

Comment

Maybe powerful wasn't the right word, but they definitely wielded a lot of talent and had some efficient games. Interesting to say they have taken a step back defensively and in the run game. Under Higgins, I don't really ever see ESU having a very strong run game and this year they will probably be pretty average at running the ball. I think the O-Line will be solid but our depth at RB is suspect. As for the defense, I think many will be surprised with how the Hornets perform on that side of the ball this year. They might not be as good on D as many other teams, including Pitt, but if they can generate turnovers and stay off the field they should be a solid unit.

Determining ESU's success is pretty simple: if the defense can get turnovers and get off the field on 3rd down, than the offense should be able to get in a rhythm and put points up on the board. Last year exposed this as very slippery slope and showed Emporia's weakness. Pitt flat out exposed them last year by gashing our soft defense and keeping the offense off the field for as long as possible. I'm hoping for a much better game Week 2 and I expect nothing more than a very intense battle between two teams with something to prove.

Comment

ESU's Yard per carry was better last year than the 2 years previous.

They ran about 20% less plays last year than they did in either of the previous years, which tells me their defense couldn't get off the field.

Comment

ESU also lacked great QB last year, imo.

Comment

With Weimers at OC, I look for 60% running or better.

O will be multiple formations, I assume.

Comment

Maybe powerful wasn't the right word, but they definitely wielded a lot of talent and had some efficient games. Interesting to say they have taken a step back defensively and in the run game. Under Higgins, I don't really ever see ESU having a very strong run game and this year they will probably be pretty average at running the ball. I think the O-Line will be solid but our depth at RB is suspect. As for the defense, I think many will be surprised with how the Hornets perform on that side of the ball this year. They might not be as good on D as many other teams, including Pitt, but if they can generate turnovers and stay off the field they should be a solid unit.

Determining ESU's success is pretty simple: if the defense can get turnovers and get off the field on 3rd down, than the offense should be able to get in a rhythm and put points up on the board. Last year exposed this as very slippery slope and showed Emporia's weakness. Pitt flat out exposed them last year by gashing our soft defense and keeping the offense off the field for as long as possible. I'm hoping for a much better game Week 2 and I expect nothing more than a very intense battle between two teams with something to prove.
                                TOs and getting off the field on 3rd down is big for any team.

ESU is offensively driven.

Week 2 should be fun, hope both teams come in after a win.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X