Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: UCO at Pitt

not trying to jinx this year but looking at next year we will return 8 starters on offense. I realize we will have to replace Jrod but if BJ Bradbury gets the playing time they are talking about this year the dropoff there might not be drastic. We will also return 7 starters on D.

Comment

Since the discussion topic is drifting a bit...

Hopefully, this is one of those years where we haven't a clue how good we are 'till way into October.
      On the bright side... The schedule and talent are as favorable as can be to break in new coaches and a new O scheme.

Comment

Originally posted by GorillaTeacher View Post
        I would caution under selling the 8 game win streak. There was nearly a win against Fort hays just before it started, while also defeating the previous years second place team easily. That bowl game win, may have only come from the second half, but demonstrated a willingness to persevere we haven't really seen the last few years.

People are going to be missed, but I believe this year we are the real deal.

Other than Washburn(disappointing, no doubt) and L-wood(what a mess), every loss was within 1 touchdown.

yeh horse shoes and hand grenades.... I was rudely reminded of that last season. if were going that way..we lost 4 games last season with 3 of those being decided with less than a minute left in the game.....o yeh forgot to mention we were down to our number S I X rb by the time we hit the washburn game.

bottom line is no one gave a shizz that we were beat down with the RB situation and were barely losing games so pitt doesn't get a pass either.

instead of going back and addressing several posts, ill just do it here.

I know who the starting qb will be. wont tell you. Latt needs to bet on seeing all three of them. they aren't as seasoned as Stallard but just as athletic and more athletic in a few instances.

I wouldn't be 100% positive McKenzie is even the best RB on our roster right now but you can bet cash money, as usual, we will be powering the rock. 3 of the starters from last years oline are juniors this year and 3 of our 4 hbacks (or TEs or whatever they are) are back from last season.

defensively, I just think they are ready to shock the world. the linebacker crew is hungry and eager to prove to everyone they are the most physical in the MIAA the dline in front of them should be able to keep them clean.

I guess in less than 48 hours we will know.

Comment

Beck named the likely UCO QB starter on his radio show, but said he expected to see all 3.

Local radio will interview the UCO coach tonight.

Comment

Looking forward to some smashmouth from both teams. Looking forward to seeing the O and D changes. Looking forward to a healthy Roderique. Just looking forward to it altogether.

Supposed to rain until the afternoon, but clear off before game time.

Comment

Originally posted by Predatory Primates View Post
              Looking forward to some smashmouth from both teams. Looking forward to seeing the O and D changes. Looking forward to a healthy Roderique. Just looking forward to it altogether.

Supposed to rain until the afternoon, but clear off before game time.
              It'll be the best 3 plays before a butterfly lands on him and he gets hurt. Kids a talent but he's the literal picture of a glass cannon.

Comment

UCO LB'ers are really good. Will be interesting to see how they do against the new look Pitt Offense.

Comment

UCO LB'ers are really good. Will be interesting to see how they do against the new look Pitt Offense.
                  As usual, I am cautiously optimistic. This UCO roster might be the most talented Bobeck has ever had top to bottom. Just a lot of uncertainty with new players in key roles.

Staying healthy will be the key to this game and this season for us. I agree with Jimbo Slice, I think Clay McKenzie might be the 3rd best RB on the roster - still a hell of a bruiser and solid guy to have on 3rd and short though.
                  Roll Chos!

Comment

If Pitt can get the offense back to what I knew as Pitt football when I was young and when I was lucky enough to play there, then UCO's Lbers will have their hands full because they will have a TE or OT coming to block them on almost every option play, plus there will be a DT in there face all night due to the OL double teaming and driving them into their laps. Good night I hope that's what were back to!

Comment

Originally posted by RollChos View Post
                      As usual, I am cautiously optimistic. This UCO roster might be the most talented Bobeck has ever had top to bottom. Just a lot of uncertainty with new players in key roles.

Staying healthy will be the key to this game and this season for us. I agree with Jimbo Slice, I think Clay McKenzie might be the 3rd best RB on the roster - still a hell of a bruiser and solid guy to have on 3rd and short though.
                      Figeroa gets all the attention, but the MLB is even better than him, imo. At least he seemed like it when I saw them play a couple time last year. The guy was everywhere.

Comment

Figeroa gets all the attention, but the MLB is even better than him, imo. At least he seemed like it when I saw them play a couple time last year. The guy was everywhere.
                        we finally have a serious rotation at LB....the all American transfer from NEO is pretty much plug and play

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by jimbo slice View Post
                            so its midnight. its officially time to stop talking about it and start being about it. im optimistic. I see us averaging 3yds a carry
                            So long as you don't go for it on 4th down I'm ok with this.

Comment

Originally posted by Wallst View Post
                              So long as you don't go for it on 4th down I'm ok with this.
                              Hahaha

Comment

12 hours

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X