Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: MSSU @ UNK

Originally posted by MisterWizard View Post
    He may be better than Houdini. Somehow he continues to survive all of this.

3-31 now at MOSO.
    I really admire Denver and his willingness to stick it out and try to improve the program.

I agree that most that he was dealt a really bad hand when he took the job, and the turn over in players caused much of the problem from the start...but at some point....when do you think MSSU will have to go another direction, because whatever is going on, is obviously not working, and the longer this goes on, it plays to the point of many when they say "MSSU does not care about athletics."

Comment

Lopers.com recap: https://lopers.com/news/2018/8/31/fo...ions-45-0.aspx

Kearney Hub recap: https://www.kearneyhub.com/sports/lo...f01e37b59.html

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by MOSO27 View Post
          I really admire Denver and his willingness to stick it out and try to improve the program.

I agree that most that he was dealt a really bad hand when he took the job, and the turn over in players caused much of the problem from the start...but at some point....when do you think MSSU will have to go another direction, because whatever is going on, is obviously not working, and the longer this goes on, it plays to the point of many when they say "MSSU does not care about athletics."

Comment

Very well said Wizard.....At some point, regardless of how good of a guy Denver Johnson is, or what he is trying to do....SOMETHING isnt working. Either scheme wise, or player development wise...something is not right. A change is needed and the sooner the better. Now, if we had played NW last night and got boat raced 45-0 I would think that there would be some room for leniency, but that isnt the case.

I also find it difficulty to understand why something hasnt changed after mass exodus of coaches and players year in and year out..I mean the only coach who stayed is an actual employee of MSSU who is just helping the team.

Comment

Also, while we are stating the people that need to go at MSSU......

The AD needs to be gone...

Whoever came up with the idea to compare the new video board to Pitt State's in the media is shameful and embarrassing.

The SID....The media guides are a joke, press releases are filled with grammar errors, and his spelling mistakes are unforgivable.

Comment

Comment

I believe that MSSU is trying to recruit more "local" kids, but they are not getting them. I do agree that more time needs to be spent on kids in a 3 to 4 hour radius than all these kids from Texas that never seem to pan out..... This was a really big concern for Daye's staff as they never showed their face in a 15 min. radius, but spent a lot of time in Mississippi, Alabama, etc....I think the current staff is trying to recruit kids closer to home, but also makes it hard to create relationships with students/families/coaching staffs when the turn over of the staff is 99% every year.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X