Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: NW @ WU game thread!

Originally posted by JR Chaney View Post
    Washburns o-line has struggled, the WU wr's are fast and qb is pretty good. Connected on several big plays. NW pass D looks very suspect.
    Sounds like some looks like tarzan plays like Janes on the oline. Well better team won.

Comment

38-17 NW

4th quarter.

Comment

NW abusing the WU QB this final drive. WU QB is going to make some teams pay this year.

Comment

Originally posted by HookemHerd View Post
          Just got on lap top. MIAA app blows... From Stats WU run game overmatched. Ellen has wheels.
          Damn, you got ta take 2 Ls tonight.

Comment

Originally posted by Taxman View Post
            Damn, you got ta take 2 Ls tonight.
            That has GOT to sting a LittLe.

Comment

Originally posted by HookemHerd View Post
              Sounds like some looks like tarzan plays like Janes on the oline. Well better team won.
              I would include the DL as well b/c they gave up 24 unanswered, conditioning became an issue and threw up the white flag after getting smacked in the mouth by a soft OL.

Comment

Originally posted by Bearcat97 View Post
                I would include the DL as well b/c they gave up 24 unanswered, conditioning became an issue and threw up the white flag after getting smacked in the mouth by a soft OL.
                Soft or SAWFT as Hooked on Turds would put it. NW D-Line adjusted well in the second half. Finally saw some fire from Rich Wright, as he gave Clayton and Osborne a couple Adam Dorrel tongue lashings.

Comment

Originally posted by OICU812 View Post
                  That has GOT to sting a LittLe.
                  The only thing that stings Hooked onTurds is that he constantly uses his Erectile Dysfunction cream as hemorrhoid cream.

Comment

RS Freshman QB Brandon Wright (Or Ellen as Hookem likes to call him.) has racked up some stats in the first two weeks.

181 rushing yards, 449 passing yards, 7 tds, 66.1% completion rate, 0 interceptions. He's averaging 315 yards and 3.5 TDs a game. I'll admit he's surpassed what I expected out of him this year.

Comment

RS Freshman QB Brandon Wright (Or Ellen as Hookem likes to call him.) has racked up some stats in the first two weeks.

181 rushing yards, 449 passing yards, 7 tds, 66.1% completion rate, 0 interceptions. He's averaging 315 yards and 3.5 TDs a game. I'll admit he's surpassed what I expected out of him this year.
                      I'm sure he'll have some bad games this season, but it's exciting to watch a guy like this, especially after last seasons QB woes

Comment

Originally posted by CatsBy90 View Post
                        I'm sure he'll have some bad games this season, but it's exciting to watch a guy like this, especially after last seasons QB woes
                        I am afraid for all the hits he took rushing, just one bad one is all it takes. (Exhibit A. Bolles at Central.)

Also, I liked Martin last year but he wasn't mobile. The O-line struggled last year a lot more than than this years line has struggled to date. Add in how mobile Wright has been and it has made a big difference.

Comment

I am afraid for all the hits he took rushing, just one bad one is all it takes. (Exhibit A. Bolles at Central.)

Also, I liked Martin last year but he wasn't mobile. The O-line struggled last year a lot more than than this years line has struggled to date. Add in how mobile Wright has been and it has made a big difference.
                          RB has also made a difference. Caldwell and Strayhorn are clearly above the Walmart version of RB we had last year.
                          Go Hounds!
                          B-E-A-R-C-A-T-S
                          Cyclone Power
                          ERAU Eagles Soar

Comment

Caldwell and Strayhorn have the potential to be a dynamic duo at RB, add iN Wright (kid is fast!) we could see some fun and exciting plays from the running game.
                            Gotta clean up the dropped passes and HAVE to improve in the defensive backfield, WU had receivers wide open a lot last night and would have connected with more of them had their QB not missed the throws.

GO CATS!

Comment

Why do I feel like we will see less of Hookum from here on out?

Comment

Washburns o-line has struggled, the WU wr's are fast and qb is pretty good. Connected on several big plays. NW pass D looks very suspect.
                                WU Oline struggled with LU too (not like against NW), but they did enough. Letcher's returns made it easier for them for sure.

I thought NW did an amazing job of bottling him up on returns. That guy is going to do some damage this year.

I'm curious as to what changed with NW's attack that allowed them to end up with the rushing yards they did. It looked like WU came out in the 4-3 like they did against LU, but quickly switched to the 3-3 stack they ran against us in the second half of our game. Aside from the experience and talent factors, just wondering if anyone noticed anything difference with scheming. It could be the fact that they had that on film and did prepare for it.... also had almost all game to finally figure it out (they dropped it on us after half, with no prep with it whatsoever).

Very impressed with NW's coaching, adjustments, tenacity, and conditioning. It's amazing how championship DNA creates a culture where stuff like that is automatic.
                                Cool Story Bro

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X