Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: NW @ WU game thread!

Originally posted by bigsig50 View Post
    WU Oline struggled with LU too (not like against NW), but they did enough. Letcher's returns made it easier for them for sure.

I thought NW did an amazing job of bottling him up on returns. That guy is going to do some damage this year.

I'm curious as to what changed with NW's attack that allowed them to end up with the rushing yards they did. It looked like WU came out in the 4-3 like they did against LU, but quickly switched to the 3-3 stack they ran against us in the second half of our game. Aside from the experience and talent factors, just wondering if anyone noticed anything difference with scheming. It could be the fact that they had that on film and did prepare for it.... also had almost all game to finally figure it out (they dropped it on us after half, with no prep with it whatsoever).

Very impressed with NW's coaching, adjustments, tenacity, and conditioning. It's amazing how championship DNA creates a culture where stuff like that is automatic.
    NW is going to want to run the ball this year. Just too much talent there, add in no one expected a QB to go off for 100+ yards rushing. Caldwell, Strayhorn, Thomas, and Wright adds a crazy level of rushing ability. Caldwell and Strayhorn would start for most teams in the country.

Comment

Originally posted by JR Chaney View Post
      NW is going to want to run the ball this year. Just too much talent there, add in no one expected a QB to go off for 100+ yards rushing. Caldwell, Strayhorn, Thomas, and Wright adds a crazy level of rushing ability. Caldwell and Strayhorn would start for most teams in the country.
      I guess just a case of wearing them down? WU seemed to have them bottled up pretty well early on.
      Cool Story Bro

Comment

Originally posted by JR Chaney View Post
        As an OC, it is so much easier to call plays when you are playing from second and short or third and short. The whole playbook becomes so much easier. Unlike last year, when all we could do was pass, it is easy to defense those type of teams. I really like what they are doing on the O side of the ball.

Comment

Any news on Hessler?

Comment

I guess just a case of wearing them down? WU seemed to have them bottled up pretty well early on.
            I don't know what it is with WU when they play NW. Read nothing but how big WU is and how physical they play. I've never watched WU play against anybody else, but seems they always come out against NW and try to beat us with passing game early over the top then play smash mouth the rest of game. NW just isn't going to give that much against the run. Period. 15 games and counting without a rushing TD against us. That's remarkable.
            Go Hounds!
            B-E-A-R-C-A-T-S
            Cyclone Power
            ERAU Eagles Soar

Comment

WU Oline struggled with LU too (not like against NW), but they did enough. Letcher's returns made it easier for them for sure.

I thought NW did an amazing job of bottling him up on returns. That guy is going to do some damage this year.

I'm curious as to what changed with NW's attack that allowed them to end up with the rushing yards they did. It looked like WU came out in the 4-3 like they did against LU, but quickly switched to the 3-3 stack they ran against us in the second half of our game. Aside from the experience and talent factors, just wondering if anyone noticed anything difference with scheming. It could be the fact that they had that on film and did prepare for it.... also had almost all game to finally figure it out (they dropped it on us after half, with no prep with it whatsoever).

Very impressed with NW's coaching, adjustments, tenacity, and conditioning. It's amazing how championship DNA creates a culture where stuff like that is automatic.
              They switched between a 3-4 and 4-3 at times. Our O line was able to open up some good holes for Strayhorn and Caldwell. We were averaging at half 5.1 yard per carry.

Comment

Originally posted by GreenwoodBearcat View Post
                They switched between a 3-4 and 4-3 at times. Our O line was able to open up some good holes for Strayhorn and Caldwell. We were averaging at half 5.1 yard per carry.
                I went back and crunched the numbers... you're right. Just goes to show you perception doesn't always line up with reality.
                Cool Story Bro

Comment

Originally posted by Fro-th_and_goal View Post
                  Any news on Hessler?
                  Radio was indicating a possible shoulder separation but purely speculation. He was having a great game!

Comment

Originally posted by Thepeman View Post
                    Why do I feel like we will see less of Hookum from here on out?
                    Not so fast my friend. Unlike a typical NW fan I will not lose interest in adversity. Even when teams look like poo poo.

Lessons from last:
                    Hays- championship hangover
                    WU-Oline is down. Defense is fast. Dline has no depth and soft. Which I stated early in the year. Credit to me.
                    NW- Ellen as a mobile qb really covers up that OL in pass pro. Martin was there again may be a different story. NW has to thank Partridge for Caldwell. Partridge is co offensive mvp of this game, along with ellen.

Comment

I do not recall NW fans leaving after adversity, that would be BBB and Juiced. Their appearances will be scarce now that their teams have lost. Too bad, they make the boards more fun. Is VisionPipe still banned?

Comment

Originally posted by HookemHerd View Post
                        Not so fast my friend. Unlike a typical NW fan I will not lose interest in adversity. Even when teams look like poo poo.

Lessons from last:
                        Hays- championship hangover
                        WU-Oline is down. Defense is fast. Dline has no depth and soft. Which I stated early in the year. Credit to me.
                        NW- Ellen as a mobile qb really covers up that OL in pass pro. Martin was there again may be a different story. NW has to thank Partridge for Caldwell. Partridge is co offensive mvp of this game, along with ellen.
                        FT Hays should have lost to Central as well. That's starting to be a long hang over. My guess is they will lose at least 3 games and not make the playoffs. I don't even know if they had 100 total yards on the ground.

Comment

Originally posted by catz54 View Post
                          FT Hays should have lost to Central as well. That's starting to be a long hang over. My guess is they will lose at least 3 games and not make the playoffs. I don't even know if they had 100 total yards on the ground.
                          Are we in the business of should have lost? And long hangovers are the only hangovers from my experience. But hope not with this team. Not sure what's going on with the Hays Offense. Seems pretty uninspired.

Comment

Are we in the business of should have lost? And long hangovers are the only hangovers from my experience. But hope not with this team. Not sure what's going on with the Hays Offense. Seems pretty uninspired.
                            NW fans can understand that from last year. A couple weapons have helped them avoid it so far this year.

Comment

Originally posted by TDs&Beer View Post
                              NW fans can understand that from last year. A couple weapons have helped them avoid it so far this year.
                              I think a mobile qb has been the difference for yall. Kid last year was a statue.

Comment

So basically, it's a typical Hays offense.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X