Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Bearcats and Bronchos

NW Pass D looks a little worse than years past, but they'll stunt and rattle that Frosh QB like Pitt Did. Especially if they can stop the run with 6 or 7 like they usually do.

UCO will have trouble finding the end zone, imo.

Comment

Originally posted by Predatory Primates View Post
      NW Pass D looks a little worse than years past, but they'll stunt and rattle that Frosh QB like Pitt Did. Especially if they can stop the run with 6 or 7 like they usually do.

UCO will have trouble finding the end zone, imo.
      Correct-a-mundo...We don't have very good D-backs.

Comment

Originally posted by GreenwoodBearcat View Post
        Correct-a-mundo...We don't have very good D-backs.
        Lane and Chama aren't bad, it's the safety spot that has taken hits with injuries and is the biggest issue on giving up the big play currently. That may be by design, take away the run, the short and mid field and make a team try to beat you over the top. That being said I think it's likely injuries at the safety spot and a little less pressure on the QB as the reasoning why this year.

Comment

Originally posted by JR Chaney View Post
          Lane and Chama aren't bad, it's the safety spot that has taken hits with injuries and is the biggest issue on giving up the big play currently. That may be by design, take away the run, the short and mid field and make a team try to beat you over the top. That being said I think it's likely injuries at the safety spot and a little less pressure on the QB as the reasoning why this year.
          It seems like the front and back end are tied together so tightly, it's hard to tell where the issue is sometimes.

Comment

Not buying it. I have seen the D backs in a consistent "What the heck are we doing" state of mind the past 3 games. If Jack Richards is leading the pack, then there needs to be a change.

Comment

Originally posted by GreenwoodBearcat View Post
              Not buying it. I have seen the D backs in a consistent "What the heck are we doing" state of mind the past 3 games. If Jack Richards is leading the pack, then there needs to be a change.
              The way they are getting beat over the top and some of the other reactions I still think it's tied to safety position at this point.

Comment

Originally posted by northwest missouri state View Post
                need jimbo slice
                im here. I just don't know where we're at right now. we're down the starting center, qb and number 1 (stats wise) WR. sooo, it is what it is right now.

im not happy with the d right now. nothing really to say other than we are giving average receivers far too much respect. front 7 is fairly inconsistent. well stop a play for -3 then give up 8 the very next play.

ill have more to say as the week goes on but, right now, just throwing sh#t at the wall and hoping something sticks. I think were a very talented team. maybe more so than last years TEAM. just not showing it right now.
                Last edited by jimbo slice; 09-18-2018, 07:56 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by UCObluejay View Post
                  The best steaks are at Cattlemen's a few miles west on 1-40 in what we call "Stockyard City."

Comment

Game Notes

https://bearcatsports.com/documents/...ma.pdf?id=1810

https://bronchosports.com/documents/..._4.pdf?id=8238
                    IH8FERRIS

Comment

Is this stat right?

Northwest ranks No. 1 in the nation in tackles-for-loss per game (12.3). Northwest has put up 10 or more tackles-for-loss in all three games this season.

I wouldn't of guessed that watching the games. 10+ for a loss is much more than I expected.

Comment

Is this stat right?

Northwest ranks No. 1 in the nation in tackles-for-loss per game (12.3). Northwest has put up 10 or more tackles-for-loss in all three games this season.

I wouldn't of guessed that watching the games. 10+ for a loss is much more than I expected.
                        37 TFL and 8 sacks. NW might be the only defense that it is better for an offense to just try to be one-dimensional.

Comment

I'm always confused on TFL /sack stats.

In the stats above, are we talking 37 tackles for loss, 8 of which were sacks, or are we saying 8 sacks and another 37 non-sack TFL?

Comment

In the stats above, are we talking 37 tackles for loss, 8 of which were sacks, or are we saying 8 sacks and another 37 non-sack TFL?
                            I believe the latter...
                            IH8FERRIS

Comment

Thanks

Comment

from the NCAA statisticians manual
                                ":Article 4. PASS SACK: If the defensive team is credited with
                                the sack of a player who is dropping back in an apparent attempt
                                to pass, the same principles outlined above again apply. A player
                                credited with a solo pass sack on the play also is credited with a
                                solo tackle and a solo tackle for loss.

In the case of two players getting credit for an assisted pass
                                sack (with no player being credited for a solo pass sack), each
                                player also would be credited with an assisted tackle and an
                                assisted tackle for loss
                                "

so looks like a sack is also a TFL. So in the example above 29 non sack TFL and 8 sacks/tfl

and here is the link to the PDF version of the manual. 20 pages of super fun reading http://fs.ncaa.org/Docs/stats/Stats_...all/2018ez.pdf

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X