Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: MSSU's Denver Johnson steps down

Partridge is the perfect fit. Him at MoSo would be the best MIAA hire since Mel T, IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by Predatory Primates View Post
      Partridge is the perfect fit. Him at MoSo would be the best MIAA hire since Mel T, IMO.
      I agree he's a great fit, but this seems like an overstatement.

Comment

Originally posted by MOSO27 View Post
        Do you consider Bart Tatum a success as an HC? Certainly it looked great on paper, but I think Bart is better suited for being an OC....but you are right, some do work out well.
        I'd take 25-39 right now over 3-33

Comment

Originally posted by GorillaBred View Post
          I agree he's a great fit, but this seems like an overstatement.
          Maybe so. Especially when I think about Schurig and Brown turning around programs that were bad forever.
          I do think he'll be the first shot at a great fit they have had since Ware. I don't see him building a dynasty, but turning MoSo into a middle of the pack team who is occasionally PO caliber would be a pretty amazing achievement.

I think they need to offer him 150K this morning and get this thing done.

Comment

Maybe so. Especially when I think about Schurig and Brown turning around programs that were bad forever.
            I do think he'll be the first shot at a great fit they have had since Ware. I don't see him building a dynasty, but turning MoSo into a middle of the pack team who is occasionally PO caliber would be a pretty amazing achievement.

Something tells me the next MSSU coach is not going to make more than the coaches at NW, UCM and Pitt State. MoSo should find out what he made at MW, find out what he's making now, look at the median HC salary in the MIAA and offer something close to the higher of those numbers.

Maybe I'm imagining something into JP's personality based upon his postgame comments at past games but I get the impression that he would love the opportunity to come back to the MIAA, be given his own little corner of the world to get to work in and try to build something that could challenge the top of the conference. I don't think they'll have to break the bank for his salary--a resource commitment to the program for scholarships, recruiting budget and assistant coaches would probably all be more important than what they're offering him for his salary (assuming they're not going to insult him). But like I said, I may be reading too much into what his personality has always seemed like to me.

Comment

NOT gonna happen

Denver was at $97k I believe and they will need to offer more to someone

I do agree with everyone that whoever decides to take this job will need to be shown that there is a commitment to giving them the resources they need to win.

Comment

NOT gonna happen

Denver was at $97k I believe and they will need to offer more to someone

I do agree with everyone that whoever decides to take this job will need to be shown that there is a commitment to giving them the resources they need to win.
                Not sure what you are saying?

Are you saying they can't afford 150K, or did you misread 150 as 50?

Comment

Originally posted by Go-Rilla View Post
                  Partridge would be a home run hire. Could you imagine him coming back to the MIAA with a chip on his shoulder?

Bradley would be great as well. I remember him being a natural leader with a lot of charisma.
                  Jerry would be a home run hire if you would be willing to give him a couple years. He did do a lot with what he had. If Missouri Southern gave him the resources he'd turn Southern around I think.

Comment

Maybe they could offer 400 for 4 years with 50K signing and 50K if he has 2 seasons above .500 by year 4.

Comment

Not sure what you are saying?

Are you saying they can't afford 150K, or did you misread 150 as 50?

I was saying that I dont believe they will offer $150k to a new HC....just not gonna happen. But I do think to get someone like JP near the $110k range

Comment

I was saying that I dont believe they will offer $150k to a new HC....just not gonna happen. But I do think to get someone like JP near the $110k range
                        I think $110,000 plus a serious commitment to improving the program is what it will take to bring in a quality HC.

If Southern goes out and hires another bust as an HC, this program will never recover in my opinion.

Comment

https://newmanandduquesne.wordpress....xt-head-coach/

Comment

Comment

:smile-big:

Comment

Originally posted by Go-Rilla View Post
                                Partridge would be a home run hire. Could you imagine him coming back to the MIAA with a chip on his shoulder?

Bradley would be great as well. I remember him being a natural leader with a lot of charisma.
                                But he would be bringing a knife to a tank battle. MOSO is a program that seems lost. I dont know if anyone can succeed there.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X