Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Game thread: Lopers @ Gorillas

Originally posted by Predatory Primates View Post
    The safety help was never in the plans against unk. They did exactly what you said they would and sold out counting on the unk qb not being able to beat them with his arm.
    True, but still. Once they needed a play UNK was just going to throw it up to that big WR. I would have liked to see them adjust to that. I guess they did when Pitt just put Hardin on him. KiAnte pretty much shut him down.

I think UNK only had 5 offensive plays in the book. Throw it up for grabs on a fly usually to #80, throw a slant to #16 and sweep right, sweep left and qb keep. And we think our offense is vanilla....:doh:

Comment

I honestly wish the Pitt offense was pared down a lot more. They try way too much stuff and haven't become really good at anything.

I'm also disappointed that Horack, who showed all of that unteachable vision and natural footwork last year is doing everything but carrying the ball.

I like that Pitt has been getting Bradbury ready to go knowing jrod's history. I assume they will do the same with the #3 if Roderique stays out.

As for the game itself, UNK did a great job on defense. The Pitt defense gave the offense a chance to bury them early, but the unk defense kept it from getting out of hand.

Comment

Also Pitt did a great job containing Neil Philpot jr.

Comment

Comment

Comment

This offense has got to be more consistent. And it starts with the lack of focus penalties, and being able to catch a damn snap.

Comment

There were several plays that I saw the wr get behind the defense. Luckily, they didn't end up being pass plays.

Comment

Originally posted by GorillaTeacher View Post
                  This offense has got to be more consistent. And it starts with the lack of focus penalties, and being able to catch a damn snap.
                  I definitely agree with that. I think the cheap shot got in their heads last night, and the refs decided to call anything that even looked like it might eventually become extracurricular to keep things from getting out of hand.

Comment

I definitely agree with that. I think the cheap shot got in their heads last night, and the refs decided to call anything that even looked like it might eventually become extracurricular to keep things from getting out of hand.
                    Sent from my GorillaPad

Comment

• Re: Game thread: Lopers @ Gorillas

Yeah, but the players and coaches needed to clean it up late, and they never did. That's on Pitt, and it will cost them a game eventually if it isn't fixed.

Comment

Yeah, but the players and coaches needed to clean it up late, and they never did. That's on Pitt, and it will cost them a game eventually if it isn't fixed.
                        The long and short is that Pitt has a 6 game wall of fire to run through. They haven't played the top teams yet. I'm hopeful that they will continue to improve, but they have a long way to go if they want to stay on top.

Comment

The long and short is that Pitt has a 6 game wall of fire to run through. They haven't played the top teams yet. I'm hopeful that they will continue to improve, but they have a long way to go if they want to stay on top.
                          So much untapped potential. Hopefully it happens!
                          Last edited by psudoc; 09-23-2018, 10:12 AM.

Comment

I honestly wish the Pitt offense was pared down a lot more. They try way too much stuff and haven't become really good at anything.

I'm also disappointed that Horack, who showed all of that unteachable vision and natural footwork last year is doing everything but carrying the ball.

I like that Pitt has been getting Bradbury ready to go knowing jrod's history. I assume they will do the same with the #3 if Roderique stays out.

As for the game itself, UNK did a great job on defense. The Pitt defense gave the offense a chance to bury them early, but the unk defense kept it from getting out of hand.
                            So did all of our penalties. Killed drives several times. The one drive to end the half we overcame a 15 yd personal foul and two 5 yarders. Waaaay to many penalties. As been said several times on here.

Comment

At the Lindys will be a good test. 4-0 with problems not the worst of situations.

Comment

Definitely. I have high hopes.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X