Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sleeping Giants

So, of the two supposed "Sleeping Giants" in the MIAA (UCM & UCO), one still sleeps soundly and the other one awakens angry as hell.

While the braying braggart snores soundly in his stall still, the Wild Horse has clearly awoken and is now one angry, kicking, hungry snorter.

UCO is making noise now and my instinct tells me this is just the beginning. The MIAA center of gravity is moving south, and unless the rest of us don't jack up our own programs, and do some hiring and firing, this new domination will be more certain, complete and merciless than it has been at any time in the last two decades.

UCO did not just win last night; start to finish they DOMINATED.

Re: Sleeping Giants

Originally posted by Bigbadbod View Post
    So, of the two supposed "Sleeping Giants" in the MIAA (UCM & UCO), one still sleeps soundly and the other one awakens angry as hell.

While the braying braggart snores soundly in his stall still, the Wild Horse has clearly awoken and is now one angry, kicking, hungry snorter.

UCO is making noise now and my instinct tells me this is just the beginning. The MIAA center of gravity is moving south, and unless the rest of us don't jack up our own programs, and do some hiring and firing, this new domination will be more certain, complete and merciless than it has been at any time in the last two decades.

I'm watching it now. I agree.

Comment

The 800 lb Gorilla has already dealt with them.

Comment

Way, way too early to talk about change in MIAA power. But keep smoking them hot dogs.
        Go Hounds!
        B-E-A-R-C-A-T-S
        Cyclone Power
        ERAU Eagles Soar

Comment

The thing with UCO is that they seem to "awaken" every year. It's almost like they don't do anything before the season starts and use the first 3 to 6 games as their Spring practice.

Not sure why this is, but it seems to be the case the last couple of years at least.

Comment

UCO, MW, WU, FHSU, UCM, ESU...lots of sleeping giants. None ever repeated except UCM in 80's and UCO is alone as never winning MIAA football championship.
            Last edited by CatFan88; 09-23-2018, 02:55 PM.
            Go Hounds!
            B-E-A-R-C-A-T-S
            Cyclone Power
            ERAU Eagles Soar

Comment

Originally posted by CatFan88 View Post
              UCO, MW, WU, FHSU, UCM, ESU...lots of sleeping giants. None ever repeated.
              UCO and UCM are the only giants in that group. They're giants in terms of enrollment,
              Budgets, and donor support.

Comment

Originally posted by Predatory Primates View Post
                UCO and UCM are the only giants in that group. They're giants in terms of enrollment,
                Budgets, and donor support.
                I would keep MW on that list. Slowly increasing enrollment and IMO an AD on the rise and poised to put MW on map. Looney won't let all those improvements at Spratt go for naught.
                Go Hounds!
                B-E-A-R-C-A-T-S
                Cyclone Power
                ERAU Eagles Soar

Comment

UCO, MW, WU, FHSU, UCM, ESU...lots of sleeping giants. None ever repeated except UCM in 80's and UCO is alone as never winning MIAA football championship.
                  I think our definition of "sleeping giant" might be a little bit different. To me you have to have the resources and not use them to the best of your abilities to be a sleeping giant. I think ESU has been credited with "doing more with less."

Comment

Originally posted by Hornetfan View Post
                    I think our definition of "sleeping giant" might be a little bit different. To me you have to have the resources and not use them to the best of your abilities to be a sleeping giant. I think ESU has been credited with "doing more with less."
                    I gotcha. In that case, I would still keep MW and WU on list as sleeping giants. Maybe, FHSU.
                    Go Hounds!
                    B-E-A-R-C-A-T-S
                    Cyclone Power
                    ERAU Eagles Soar

Comment

And Lindenwood. Not sure how much longer they will be in MIAA or D2, but talk about sleeping giant.
                      Go Hounds!
                      B-E-A-R-C-A-T-S
                      Cyclone Power
                      ERAU Eagles Soar

Comment

Comment

And Lindenwood. Not sure how much longer they will be in MIAA or D2, but talk about sleeping giant.
                          Lindenwood is more likely to go to the GLVC than the FCS.

Comment

Loss to Kearney at home says otherwise

Comment

A move to D1 is waaay long term for them. I don't think Brandon is far off on his thoughts about the GLVC. From an institutional standpoint, I don't think leadership thinks it makes much sense to play in a conference where your closest rival school is almost 3 hours away when we they reside in a footprint that has 2 schools within 20 minutes, another within an hour, and several within a couple of hours.

It would make winning football games much easier, but you don't win Nationally coming out of the GLVC.

You are correct though about being a sleeping giant. LU is pretty flush with money. Decent sized endowment and one of the only institutions to operate completely in the black. While their traditional undergrad enrollment is middle of the pack as far as MIAA goes, their total enrollment puts them over 15k.
                              Cool Story Bro

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X