Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Pitt State at Lindenwood

Originally posted by Hornetfan View Post
    We have a winner. There were a ton of dropped passes by the Hornets last Saturday, with some at key times.
    Up 13-0 at the end of the first two dropped passes on first and second down helped give the ball back to LWU and led to their first TD. Then at the start of the fourth with ESU trailing 41-27, there was another drop by the same receiver after he got behind the defense. Those weren't rushed passes and the receiver wasn't covered. You can't credit the defense on those anymore than you could credit the defense when the offense is practicing against air.
    Marstall connected with 11 different receivers and eight of them had a reception of at least ten yards. The trouble was the longest completion was 29 yards. I guess in that respect I can see a fairly sound grade for the defensive backfield. They didn't allow anyone to rack up a bunch of yards after the catch.
    Yeah. I said the same after the Pitt/ESU game. Pitt's D is good, but ESU dropped a bunch against them, too.

Comment

The deciding factor will be in a name. If the lions have a player named Jake they have a chance because everyone knows Elwood is no good without Jake.

Comment

^Age test^

Comment

Originally posted by Predatory Primates View Post
          ^Age test^
          blues brothers

Comment

Any truth to the rumor that after the 4 games played rule that K-State QB Skylar Thompson is considering transferring to Pitt State?
            IH8FERRIS

Comment

Originally posted by IM N GUD H&NZ BEARCAT View Post
              Any truth to the rumor that after the 4 games played rule that K-State QB Skylar Thompson is considering transferring to Pitt State?
              He's already redshirted; so the four game rule doesn't apply anyway, and because it's a level down he'd be eligible immediately...so here's hoping I guess.

Comment

I would think the OC would be more likely to transfer after that move, tbh.

Comment

Considering that, as was stated above, the 4 game rule wouldn't matter since he's already used a RS and he wouldn't have to sit out because of the division switch, I'm guessing that rumor won't become apparent or substantially die down until December.

Sima Thomas being his HS classmate couldn't hurt, though.

Comment

Pitt has 2 pretty decent RS Frosh QB's. Not sure how much help Thompson would be with just 2 years and a new O to learn?

Comment

Originally posted by Bigsix98 View Post
                      Well Pitt had the advantage (MSU kicked a FG in their OT possession) until they went for the Kill Shot on the first play and threw the int. For as much as AA did I thought it was fitting he threw an Int for his last pass at Pitt
                      I believe he had a wide open receiver crossing in the middle of the end zone too

Comment

Pitt has 2 pretty decent RS Frosh QB's. Not sure how much help Thompson would be with just 2 years and a new O to learn?
                        are you saying he would be at least 8th on the depth chart? :smile-big:

Comment

5th

Comment

5th
                            That's one thing I appreciate about Pred, he's not one to exaggerate.

Comment

With him and Michael Dyer back there we will just go to Sporting Park and the NCAA will send the trophy there for us to pick up. No need to have a championship game somewhere else.

Comment

Sure would have been nice to convince Alex Barnes to stick around Pitt and play. They may not have even tried.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X