• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Robinson out at NSU?

Re: Robinson out at NSU?

shocked hes lasted this long.

Comment

Step 1 in their move away from the conference, imo.

Comment

UCO's win Saturday may have prevented a sweep of new coaches in the 3 southern most miaa teams from all having new coaches.

Comment

Idk how much better Robinson could have done. Seemed like an uphill battle in this conf

Comment

The only surprise is why they extended him previously. He is the lowest paid MIAA coach, but he is also the least successful MIAA coach as a head coach. I am curious who would be saying an announcement is coming soon. He will be gone after the year as his contract expires then. Something before that would be a shock to me (The coach before him was fired on the field after the last game of his contract previously, I believe...).

You're kidding, right? This was no worse than the other losses for the last 3 years. They have only been competitive in 3 games for the last three years. Last years only win was an overtime victory against MoSo in the MIAA pillow fight...

I'll have to disagree here. NSU does not have the resources to even leave the MIAA currently. The AD tried to raise those funds privately last year to exit the MIAA and found the well dry. Yes, the alumni would like to be competitive, but realistically, they would target the LSC, not the GAC. In the LSC, they might win more games, but they would still not be competing for any kind of championship, which is what the alumni want. In the current GAC, they would have trouble competing with the middle of the road teams.

Obviously, I'm biased toward Texas talent being in Texas, but I believe that they need more local interest to support the program. Their facilities are in need of updating (they updated the locker room and training staff area this year and the scoreboard last year) compared to other MIAA schools (and GAC schools as well). They do have some talent on their roster and some really good kids as well. They just are not as deep as other teams. The turnover is also ridiculous (see the other thread about last year's turn over) but understandable. The assistant coach turnover has been pretty high as well. Whomever they get will need to have a lot of contacts for coaches and recruiting.

Comment

Originally posted by HookemHerd View Post
              Idk how much better Robinson could have done. Seemed like an uphill battle in this conf
              Definitely an uphill battle, but his win total went 0, 3, 2, 1... probably the wrong trend...

Comment

Originally posted by Predatory Primates View Post
                Step 1 in their move away from the conference, imo.
                Are you sure it isn't step 3?

Comment

Realistically 3 wins is probably the best outcome. Probably several factors im overlooking, but why stay in a conf you cant be competitive in

Comment

Wow Bytor ! I had to double check that logo by your name with all that inside information you were spewing out.

Comment

Originally posted by HookemHerd View Post
                      Realistically 3 wins is probably the best outcome. Probably several factors im overlooking, but why stay in a conf you cant be competitive in
                      Agreed, however, the 3 wins were in year two and they were competitive in many other games as well in 2015. Since then, not so much. The reason they have to stay right now is due to the cost of leaving the MIAA. Once they have enough money to leave, I believe they will. They do have other sports to consider also. Their Men's Soccer team is very good right now (top 10).

Comment

Originally posted by sozo View Post
                        Wow Bytor ! I had to double check that logo by your name with all that inside information you were spewing out.
                        As I have said before, I was an NSU fan for a while before I joined this board. Now I enjoy watching Arkansas Tech.

Comment

Originally posted by Bytor View Post
                          Agreed, however, the 3 wins were in year two and they were competitive in many other games as well in 2015. Since then, not so much. The reason they have to stay right now is due to the cost of leaving the MIAA. Once they have enough money to leave, I believe they will. They do have other sports to consider also. Their Men's Soccer team is very good right now (top 10).
                          They had one game within double digits last year, and it was the OT win over Southern.

Comment

Are you sure it isn't step 3?
                            Maybe:
                            Step 1 was beg for money get shot down.
                            Step 2 is wait for the buyout amount to decrease in the contract
                            Step 3 fire coach, hoping the promise of moving to a different conference will attract a better one

Comment

As I have said before, I was an NSU fan for a while before I joined this board. Now I enjoy watching Arkansas Tech.
                              Gotcha

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X