Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Robinson out at NSU?

Originally posted by the Northeasterner View Post
    When we left there was no gac. That happened after nsu and uco left. Of course we joined a 14 team miaa and could have won a few against sw and Lincoln.

They want to win. Now I was not there so I can't say what mood was. But what I found out today I now want to start donating .
    ?????????

Comment

That is dialogue that is not accurate.. they fired ex coach after posting only winning season in ten years out of blue day after season. And didn't hire Robinson till almost January
      Originally posted by Bytor View Post
      Not that I am aware of. Not an expert here, but they have been signing at least 30 players for the last 3 years. It's the KEEPING of the players they sign that has been the issue. Their scholarship offers have been in the same ball park as any of the other schools in the MIAA or GAC.

While I would LOVE to say that NSU has hamstrung Robinson when they hired him, I just don't have ANY facts that would support that. I do know that his teams have not been well coached and do not have the depth required to compete at the D2 level, let alone the MIAA...
      Thanks for clearing it up. Happy to hear it. I apologize for whatever my inference contributed to rumors/speculation.

When we left there was no gac. That happened after nsu and uco left. Of course we joined a 14 team miaa and could have won a few against sw and Lincoln.

They want to win. Now I was not there so I can't say what mood was. But what I found out today I now want to start donating .
      Yeah, this is pretty cryptic. Surely you can give some indication. If not, why post it?

Comment

Brandon what was told to me was inside info that I and my friend had not heard about for 5 years. I am not that big of a deal but he is big donor /booster and didn't know. So I do t know if I was supposed to know or repeat but it is a big deal.

I haven't been posting for a while so I don't know many of the posters and I really mean no offense but I will not say much more on a public forum. But will tell you in private if you want because I respect the opportunity you give us here at d2

Comment

Originally posted by GorillaBred View Post
          Thanks for clearing it up. Happy to hear it. I apologize for whatever my inference contributed to rumors/speculation.
          We are all guessing here, myself included. I do NOT know everything about the program and certainly do not know booster related information.

Originally posted by GorillaBred View Post
          Yeah, this is pretty cryptic. Surely you can give some indication. If not, why post it?
          Agreed...

Comment

Brandon what was told to me was inside info that I and my friend had not heard about for 5 years. I am not that big of a deal but he is big donor /booster and didn't know. So I do t know if I was supposed to know or repeat but it is a big deal.

I haven't been posting for a while so I don't know many of the posters and I really mean no offense but I will not say much more on a public forum. But will tell you in private if you want because I respect the opportunity you give us here at d2
            I have a secret but I can't tell you what it is...Thanks for sharing.
            Go Hounds!
            B-E-A-R-C-A-T-S
            Cyclone Power
            ERAU Eagles Soar

Comment

As stated before to change the narrative. I hate to see my team torn to shreds. I haven't posted because I have nothing useful to add.

Now I did so I shared as much feel comfortable sharing in an effort to change the dialogue
              Last edited by the Northeasterner; 09-30-2018, 05:06 PM.

Comment

As stated before to change the narrative. I hate to see my team torn to shreda haven't posted because I have nothing useful to add.

Now I did so I shared as much feel comfortable sharing in an effort to change the dialogue
                Your posts have resembled a game against NSU. A waste of everyones time

Comment

As stated before to change the narrative. I hate to see my team torn to shreda haven't posted because I have nothing useful to add.

Inquiring minds want to know...
                  Go Hounds!
                  B-E-A-R-C-A-T-S
                  Cyclone Power
                  ERAU Eagles Soar

Comment

You seek to change the dialogue... What dialogue? NSU's football team is not good. That's not a dialogue, it's a fact. It is currently coached by Rob Robinson and it hasn't been good since he took the job. Does he take full responsibility, no. But as a head coach, he is responsible ultimately for the product on the field. Is the "dialogue" you wish to change?

I must agree that he will not be fired (as I stated previously). I doubt that he will be extended (but this already happened once, so, who knows...). However, if you are correct in the statement that NSU cares about football, then the extension would CLEARLY contradict this... regardless of any additional information that we have not been provided.

He is the lowest paid coach in the MIAA, so if money is the ONLY issue, he's a plus there! But there is no doubt that the football quality has gone down since he took over the program.

Comment

Originally posted by HookemHerd View Post
                      Your posts have resembled a game against NSU. A waste of everyones time
                      :laugh:

After looking at the box score for the 49-7 game today, the only score was a kick returned for a TD.

Comment

That is dialogue that is not accurate.. they fired ex coach after posting only winning season in ten years out of blue day after season. And didn't hire Robinson till almost January
                        The previous coach was informed that he would be fired on the field after the final game in 2013, and he did not post a winning season (2-8 in 2013, but they were 4-6 in 2012, their first year in the MIAA). He told his assistant coaches in the locker room after the game what happened so they could begin looking elsewhere. The announcement was the next day. Rob was hired (or announced as head coach) on December 19th, 2013.

Comment

That ad doesn't fire people on the field after last game. The previous coach was give years and failed. Evans comes in and has some sucess then just gets dumped. Fire a coach and take that many weeks to find a replacement in middle of christmas break with less than a month till signing day? not logical. At same time he was trying to get funds to build end zone luxury boxes? Then only sign 9 nli on that day. And 16 the next year. No situation always seemed off. There was a reason

Those two classes would be this years seniors. Not one senior suited today. Easy dialogue is to say we don't care about competing. I began to believe it myself. But the whole story of coach Robinson's 5 years is more than what has been known.

Bytor I am not sure why you have a problem with nsu flying a tech avatar. Seems odd is there a back story to this ?

Comment

That is factually inaccurate. The GAC began play in the fall of 2011. All the OK schools from the LSC were welcomed to join the GAC, but NSU & UCO declined and went to the MIAA instead.
                            Last edited by Armo Wood; 09-30-2018, 06:58 AM.

Comment

That ad doesn't fire people on the field after last game. The previous coach was give years and failed. Evans comes in and has some sucess then just gets dumped. Fire a coach and take that many weeks to find a replacement in middle of christmas break with less than a month till signing day? not logical. At same time he was trying to get funds to build end zone luxury boxes? Then only sign 9 nli on that day. And 16 the next year. No situation always seemed off. There was a reason
                              Well, now we have gone from a first winning season to a failure as to why he was fired. The ONLY reason I said anything is that your information doesn't seem to make any sense based on my information. I was just looking to let folks know my information that seems to contradict yours. I don't know Tony that well, but I stand by my original statements as they were related to me by a member of the coaching staff. I cannot comment on the small number of signings other than saying that they may have had enough scholarship athletes already in place or Rob just didn't make it a priority or he was not very good at it.

There is always a reason for a coach being fired. We may just not agree with it in many cases. It is usually performance or financially driven.

Those two classes would be this years seniors. Not one senior suited today. Easy dialogue is to say we don't care about competing. I began to believe it myself. But the whole story of coach Robinson's 5 years is more than what has been known.
                              Thanks for making my point again. It has NOTHING to do with recruiting, it has to do with retaining. NLI's don't matter if none of those kids stay after a couple of years. You might want to start here since that is the basis for the lack of competition. As for not caring about competing, I have never said that NSU alumni do not care. Quite the contrary! The alumni would love to be competitive. It appears from their actions that the Administration (coaching and athletic director) has a different view on competing.

Bytor I am not sure why you have a problem with nsu flying a tech avatar. Seems odd is there a back story to this ?
                              Yes, there is a back story, but that is not germane to the issue here. It does provide me with a unique perspective about the football program.

Comment

There is a definite logical disconnect here. Either the boosters don't care about winning, or they are so few that they have no stroke.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X