Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: NW vs Pitt

NW riding momentum of a convincing win. Pitt riding the momentum of last minute survival.

Comment

Those close wins can bring teams together. I hope that's what happened last week. Hopefully it clicks some things into place for the offensive players.

Comment

There are plausible scenarios for this game being close with either team winning or this game having a wide-margin with either team winning. Both teams have a partial question mark at the QB position--due to inexperience, health or some mixture of both. Both teams have really solid defensive lines. Seems like the Pitt State secondary is better, but the NW QB situation has maybe a lower likelihood of being problematic, just because of the health stuff for both Pitt State QBs. The NW run defense is probably better, but I do think Pitt State's rush defense numbers are worse than they would be because teams have eventually gotten to the point of feeling like they can't drop back to pass without something bad happening and have wound up running in situations that are obviously not running situations. If I had more time, I'd look at how many 6-10 yard runs Pitt State has given up on 3rd and 10+ plays, because it feels like there have been a lot of those.

Really hard game to call. I picked NW in the Pick 'Em, mainly because I can easily imagine the Pitt State O getting shut down in the run if neither QB can getting it going through the air. If I thought JRod was healthy, I would probably pick Pitt. However, if NW has anything approaching 6 turnovers again, this Pitt State team will be more equipped to put the game out of reach than last year's team was.

Comment

About 1/4 of the rushing yards Pitt has given up have come on 2 runs. One by Elwood and 1 by esu.

Comment

I hope the offense starts improving in this game and rides it the rest of the season.

Not sure what happened to the longball. Jrod was money with it in his early seasons. They have had guys running free in several games this season and just couldnt hit them.

Comment

Originally posted by Predatory Primates View Post
              About 1/4 of the rushing yards Pitt has given up have come on 2 runs. One by Elwood and 1 by esu.
              I only mention this because NW has a back or 2 who can gouge you like that. I hope they keep that shut down.

Comment

A lot of nervous chatter going on here and it's only Monday. You guys will be basket cases by Friday. Pitt is undefeated for a reason. I am just hoping NW can keep it close.

Comment

Pitt has less than a week to Frankenstein together a quarterback out of spare parts.

Comment

Listened to part of the coaches show on my drive home, and the radio guy was talking about the shot the 3rd string qb took in the Elwood gsme. Said his facemask was up above his eyeballs, blood was flooding out of his mouth and he "looked like he didn't care if he ever played football again" that line cracked me up.

Comment

Originally posted by Predatory Primates View Post
                      Listened to part of the coaches show on my drive home, and the radio guy was talking about the shot the 3rd string qb took in the Elwood gsme. Said his facemask was up above his eyeballs, blood was flooding out of his mouth and he "looked like he didn't care if he ever played football again" that line cracked me up.
                      Not a good look if he is on scholly and the way jrod and Bradbury are dinged up. Might have to take the redshirt off of Adams Wilson.

Comment

Originally posted by Wallst View Post
                        Not a good look if he is on scholly and the way jrod and Bradbury are dinged up. Might have to take the redshirt off of Adams Wilson.
                        I don't think he meant it like that. He meant it more like "I am batman."

Comment

Hope our young QB isn't freaked out by the ads blasting from the mega-tron, king-kong scoreboard.

Comment

for 3 1/3 quarters in Edmond I felt PSU would beat NW with ease. After the last 10 minutes of the UCO game and the 1st half of the ESU game I like our chances a little more. Hopefully the recent win history holds true for regular season results(NW-NW-PSU-NW-NW-PSU-NW-NW-PSU).
                            Last edited by NWFanatic; 10-01-2018, 09:46 PM. Reason: clarified regular season only

Comment

Originally posted by NWFanatic View Post
                              for 3 1/3 quarters in Edmond I felt PSU would beat NW with ease. After the last 10 minutes of the UCO game and the 1st half of the ESU game I like our chances a little more. Hopefully the recent win history holds true(NW-NW-PSU-NW-NW-PSU-NW-NW-PSU).
                              Fake news.

Pitt is 4-4 in the last 8 games.

Comment

Originally posted by PSR View Post
                                Fake news.

Pitt is 4-4 in the last 8 games.
                                Last edited by Ian Carlson; 10-01-2018, 09:04 PM.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X