• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comment

Re: NW vs Pitt

Comment

He said regular season only because it makes him sleep better at night.

Comment

Originally posted by NW Normal View Post
          Hope our young QB isn't freaked out by the ads blasting from the mega-tron, king-kong scoreboard.
          I know I am.

Comment

Now you are changing parameters. You said RECENT not regular, which means games played including playoffs.

Feel better about Saturday?

Comment

Originally posted by PSR View Post
              Fake news.

Pitt is 4-4 in the last 8 games.
              What is Pitt's PO record over that same time period? NW's? I'll hang up and listen.

Comment

Originally posted by Taxman View Post
                What is Pitt's PO record over that same time period? NW's? I'll hang up and listen.

Comment

Originally posted by Taxman View Post
                  Oh crap, I'm being transparent. I'll change the parameters again. They'll never see through that.
                  FYP

Comment

And FFS, come up with a better drummer than Ringo to use in your analogy.

Comment

Too many possible posts to quote, so just a reply in general.

I think a reasonable way to break up this rivalry (since it became a rivalry w/ NW's first win in 1997) would be: 7 game NW win streak (97-03), 3 game brief Pitt State win streak (04-05), 7 game NW win streak (05-10), 8 games of relative back and forth (11-present). While I started with 1997, the 1996 game in Maryville was a lot of fun. At least it was for Pitt State fans.

The interesting thing about that breakout is that in the most recent 8 games of back and forth, the individual games have been less competitive, collectively, than the games in any of the other stretches. For the people on here that are relatively new, you really missed out on the 1997-2003 stretch in this breakout. The excitement in most of those games is hard to overstate. The post-2008 era of this rivalry has kind of been diminished by the fact that it was a 50-50 chance if PSU was going to have a good team in any given year.

Another interesting note on this rivalry is how rare upsets have been. There may have been games that seemed like upsets at the time, but when you look back at those seasons, I think there have only been 2 (maybe 3) times where the team won the game that had the worse team that year. Maybe I'm biased on this, but I think the 2001 and 2003 NW wins were over Pitt State teams that were better. I think the 1997 game is another one that is arguably an upset. I'd say the 2005 teams were really evenly matched and both had spurts of inconsistency, so a season split seems appropriate. I could be wrong in this assessment, but I think this year's teams are pretty evenly matched (Last year's teams certainly were.)

Comment

Originally posted by Predatory Primates View Post

Comment

Whomever plays QB for Pitt Saturday can expect Roberts and Eskew to apply the pressure.

Marstell was on the run all afternoon.

Comment

Originally posted by Predatory Primates View Post
                            I think it works - Ringo beats his drums badly.

Comment

If those monsoon rains come as predicted then it will boil down to who can run the ball better...to me that is a toss up. I like our Run D, but Pitt has a pretty stout D as well. Could be a low scoring affair.

Comment

Originally posted by GreenwoodBearcat View Post
                                If those monsoon rains come as predicted then it will boil down to who can run the ball better...to me that is a toss up. I like our Run D, but Pitt has a pretty stout D as well. Could be a low scoring affair.
                                Massey has it 16-14.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X