Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: NW vs Pitt

I predict a very short clock eating contest where whatever team gets the run going wins.

Comment

Now watch Pitt throw it a bunch of times like they did against Emporia.

Comment

D-backs are in a state of flux.

Lane and Richards started at safety last week and Pierre and Anderson(?) started at cornerback.

Comment

Originally posted by JR Chaney View Post
          Honest question, say Pitt takes L on 4 of the next 5. Or even 3 of the next 5. Is it still a good season?
          No and Beck should go but won't. The problem with our winning streak is for the most part its been against the bottom feeders of our conference. I think last year we beat 1 team with a winning record before the bowl game? I could be wrong but its close. In 2018 we have won 1 game against a team that currently has a winning record and that is UNK. Who while improved I'm not sure they will have a winning record at years end.

So if we lose 4/5 but we lose to everyone who beat us last year in my mind we haven't gotten better, we were just schedule fortunate.

Comment

Originally posted by Wallst View Post
            No and Beck should go but won't. The problem with our winning streak is for the most part its been against the bottom feeders of our conference. I think last year we beat 1 team with a winning record before the bowl game? I could be wrong but its close. In 2018 we have won 1 game against a team that currently has a winning record and that is UNK. Who while improved I'm not sure they will have a winning record at years end.

So if we lose 4/5 but we lose to everyone who beat us last year in my mind we haven't gotten better, we were just schedule fortunate.
            I was just curious. Pitt has a tough schedule next 5 weeks. Wasn't sure where the watermark was on what they should finish. If they won 3 of the 5 and ended with 2 losses but end up in a bowl is that good? Honestly curious, Pitt is an interesting team, you have a coach who has won a nc, and has more accolades than any other current coach in the MIAA but very well could be on the chopping block.

Comment

I was just curious. Pitt has a tough schedule next 5 weeks. Wasn't sure where the watermark was on what they should finish. If they won 3 of the 5 and ended with 2 losses but end up in a bowl is that good? Honestly curious, Pitt is an interesting team, you have a coach who has won a nc, and has more accolades than any other current coach in the MIAA but very well could be on the chopping block.
              If Pitt finishes with 1 loss, I'll be pretty happy. If they lose 2 and somehow back into the PO's through some weird statistical anomoly, not so much. Lose 2 and go bowling and I'm definitely back on the dump beck bandwagon.

Comment

With how the team has looked utterly unprepared and unfocused at times, (abundance of bad snaps, poor game management with awful time outs, mental penalties) I feel he lacks control.

Comment

Then again, it doesn't matter what I think. Beck will likely stay as long as attendance and merch sales stay high.

Comment

Originally posted by Predatory Primates View Post
                    Then again, it doesn't matter what I think. Beck will likely stay as long as attendance and merch sales stay high.

Comment

• Re: NW vs Pitt

Originally posted by Jungle Jim View Post
                      By all means, take the redshirt off of Adams Wilson. Do we have to put him on our roster before we take off his redshirt?
                      HCRW said he had talks with the MIAA about using the 4 game Red Shirt rule this year with the thinking the NCAA almost always institutes the rule in D2 the next year with some type of lookback to when it was instituted in D1 and forgiving it if it was used the previous year (this year). Doubt they decided to try it...a lot of risk there...but if PSU's QB situation is so bad it might...I said MIGHT...be worth the risk. Food for thought...

Comment

Originally posted by GorillaTeacher View Post
                        With how the team has looked utterly unprepared and unfocused at times, (abundance of bad snaps, poor game management with awful time outs, mental penalties) I feel he lacks control.
                        I'm not sure most Centers are used to 4 or 5 different QB depths to hike it to in a single series like Weimers has the Pitt center doing. I think at least some of that falls to confusion created by going UC, 5 yard gun, 7 yard gun, 5 yard pistol, 3 yard pistol, UC, etc... on consecutive plays.

Or maybe everyone does this and I just haven't noticed?

Comment

If Pitt finishes with 1 loss, I'll be pretty happy. If they lose 2 and somehow back into the PO's through some weird statistical anomoly, not so much. Lose 2 and go bowling and I'm definitely back on the dump beck bandwagon.

Comment

Depends who they lose to and how they lose. If NW and UCM blow our doors off and we go to the Who Cares Bowl in NoWhere Oklahoma and play a middling GAC team that is the same as last year. If we go the the playoffs at 9-2 with 2 blowout losses and lose in the first game by a bunch same thing. If NW wins by a field goal or our center snaps it from the 40 back to our end zone and you guys get a safety to win the game with no time left then the rope gets longer.

My gut says this team only loses 1 game or finishes @.500.

Comment

Pitt's passing game isn't very scary. They will take a few shots over the top if you leave the Corners on an island, They will toss a medium yardage fade if it's there, and try to quick hit you underneath on third downs. If NW shuts down the run and makes them pass, NW will win. The same goes for the other side of the ball.
                              NW is very capable of playing another 2014 game when Pitt wasn't a great passing team either.

Comment

Originally posted by IowaBearcat View Post
                                NW is very capable of playing another 2014 game when Pitt wasn't a great passing team either.
                                I hope so. That was a 35-17 win for Pitt.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X