Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: NWMSU vs PSU GAME THREAD --- Oct. 6th, 2018

So that is what a team looks like without a QB. JRod should be the 3rd string and we just need to go with Bradbury and Harmon the rest of the year. I appreciate him trying to play through his shoulder injury but it is something with him every week. In his career I don't think he as played 3 straight games without being injured. His throws were into the ground, at the feet or just off. I feel sorry for him, wish he could have had a career without his body just getting beat up.

The center needs to be benched. 5 false starts on him. 5!

How many shifts does this offense has to do in order to get in formation. On 1 play we shifted 4 times! Then on several plays our RBs didn't know where to line up and on a couple of plays our slot WRs were looking at the QB not knowing where to go. It looked like we didn't practice all week. It looked as if this was our first game and we hadn't practiced yet. Pitiful. Just pitiful.

PP, I think I'm with you. Wiemers should have left when Rampy left. This offense has looked bad all year but today they looked unprepared and clueless. Stop all the shifting, as it is not confusing the defense but our own offense, and just line up and snap the ball.

People will claim the defense was left out to dry but they didn't have a good game. You have the offense pinned inside the 10 and you give up big play after big play. First a run, then another run, then a pass. You have to keep the offense from getting out of that position and punt to give your offense good field position. Missed tackles and really poor effort for much of the game. I don't think they were ready either, or they have been listening to all the accolades and got big headed. At least that is how their play looked.

As I have said over the last few years.....Welcome to Tim Beck football. This is who we are with him as a head coach. 9 years now and nothing has changed. His interview after halftime was a joke. "We have had the defense on the field too much and have too many penalties. We need to convert on 3rd down and not have our defense on the field so much." Really? You think?

NW....I wouldn't gloat too much. You didn't look very good yourself. This game should have looked like the game in 2016 when if NW wanted to they could have scored 100. The Bearcat defense has come back quite a bit to the pack. Solid but nothing like it has been the last many years. I don't see that your QB is going to be special either. I know he is a RS Freshman but his arm isn't that strong and he throws a duck. Caldwell is not very good. Your #3 has some speed but he didn't have to do much as the edge was pretty much cleaned up for him. I think he had 3 runs over 30? Nice back would like to see what he could do if he had to run between tackles.

MIAA doesn't have a NC contender from what I have seen. I think NW will win out but it will be one of the weaker PO teams they will field.

Refs sucked. The PI the first series in the endzone on Pitt was a pathetic call. As were 2 that were called on NW. If they are PI, then how can a DB play pass defense? I hope there is something in place with the conference where coaches could complain and have film watched on some of these calls for the conference to correct.

Season is all but over for Pitt State. I think there are 3 to 4 more losses in the future for them. But as usually Tim isn't going anywhere.

Comment

Originally posted by PSR View Post
      So that is what a team looks like without a QB. JRod should be the 3rd string and we just need to go with Bradbury and Harmon the rest of the year. I appreciate him trying to play through his shoulder injury but it is something with him every week. In his career I don't think he as played 3 straight games without being injured. His throws were into the ground, at the feet or just off. I feel sorry for him, wish he could have had a career without his body just getting beat up.

How many shifts does this offense has to do in order to get in formation. On 1 play we shifted 4 times! Then on several plays our RBs didn't know where to line up and on a couple of plays our slot WRs were looking at the QB not knowing where to go. It looked like we didn't practice all week. It looked as if this was our first game and we hadn't practiced yet. Pitiful. Just pitiful.

PP, I think I'm with you. Wiemers should have left when Rampy left. This offense has looked bad all year but today they looked unprepared and clueless. Stop all the shifting, as it is not confusing the defense but our own offense, and just line up and snap the ball.

People will claim the defense was left out to dry but they didn't have a good game. You have the offense pinned inside the 10 and you give up big play after big play. First a run, then another run, then a pass. You have to keep the offense from getting out of that position and punt to give your offense good field position. Missed tackles and really poor effort for much of the game. I don't think they were ready either, or they have been listening to all the accolades and got big headed. At least that is how their play looked.

As I have said over the last few years.....Welcome to Tim Beck football. This is who we are with him as a head coach. 9 years now and nothing has changed. His interview after halftime was a joke. "We have had the defense on the field too much and have too many penalties. We need to convert on 3rd down and not have our defense on the field so much." Really? You think?

NW....I wouldn't gloat too much. You didn't look very good yourself. This game should have looked like the game in 2016 when if NW wanted to they could have scored 100. The Bearcat defense has come back quite a bit to the pack. Solid but nothing like it has been the last many years. I don't see that your QB is going to be special either. I know he is a RS Freshman but his arm isn't that strong and he throws a duck. Caldwell is not very good. Your #3 has some speed but he didn't have to do much as the edge was pretty much cleaned up for him. I think he had 3 runs over 30? Nice back would like to see what he could do if he had to run between tackles.

MIAA doesn't have a NC contender from what I have seen. I think NW will win out but it will be one of the weaker PO teams they will field.

Refs sucked. The PI the first series in the endzone on Pitt was a pathetic call. As were 2 that were called on NW. If they are PI, then how can a DB play pass defense? I hope there is something in place with the conference where coaches could complain and have film watched on some of these calls for the conference to correct.

Season is all but over for Pitt State. I think there are 3 to 4 more losses in the future for them. But as usually Tim isn't going anywhere.

Comment

Originally posted by GorillaTeacher View Post
        I bet we win out and miss the playoffs..
        I'll take that bet. I've seen this movie way too many times.

We have to go to Hays. We have to go to MW where they have been playing pretty good. We have to go to WU and have UCM at home. Only game I think for sure we win is MSSU. I think we can lose 3 more as the QB situation won't be any better the rest of the year. This offense is bottom third of conference with the current situation. Bradbury has issues seeing open WRs and his passing ability hasn't developed yet. Harmon isn't close to being ready. Not sure JRod will be able to complete a game the rest of the year. The issues were glaring today, and it won't get any better.

We could get another HC and tell him the DC stays. But we need another HC and OC and OL coach.

Comment

I'll take that bet. I've seen this movie way too many times.

We have to go to Hays. We have to go to MW where they have been playing pretty good. We have to go to WU and have UCM at home. Only game I think for sure we win is MSSU. I think we can lose 3 more as the QB situation won't be any better the rest of the year. This offense is bottom third of conference with the current situation. Bradbury has issues seeing open WRs and his passing ability hasn't developed yet. Harmon isn't close to being ready. Not sure JRod will be able to complete a game the rest of the year. The issues were glaring today, and it won't get any better.

We could get another HC and tell him the DC stays. But we need another HC and OC and OL coach.
          Not that it matters but we do have Washburn at home

And no way they win out

Comment

Originally posted by psudoc View Post

And no way they win out
            Yeah, I was going to correct that.

It is worse we have them here. Pitt States win percentage at home under Tim Beck isn't the best......

Comment

• Comment

I don't think you'll hear many NW fans gloat. That was a sloppy, sloppy game.

I'm going to disagree with you on Wright, at least as far as the future is concerned. He definitely threw some ducks (and needs to stop with the sidearm stuff), but he threw several frozen ropes today. His worst deep throws were the flea flicker and the one where he missed a wide open Bane. He made some freshman mistakes today, but may be special.

Comment

• Comment

I think Wright has a high ceiling. Brister even higher.

Comment

Originally posted by psudoc View Post

And no way they win out
                      Maybe Pred needs to start picking them to lose every week again.

Comment

I'm hopeful that they use this to learn and improve. I'm not at all sold on Weimers or the oline coach, but still think Beck has forgotten more about offense than most people will ever know.

The injuries to the defensive players hurt a lot, and the NW Oline did a Fantastic job tying up the undersized ends so the backs could get the edge. Beat up dbacks, true frosh Walls playing dt and the ends getting stoned by the oline made for a long day for that defense.
                        I'm pretty confident that dreiling will get this side figured out, though.

Comment

Comment

What NW has isn't magic it's a program.

Comment

Just finished listening to the Abilene Christian game. They lost at McNeese state (No. 9) 24-21 but were in it until the end. I'm signing off and leaving this thread to the disgruntled Gorilla fans.

Comment

Really. You want to see what No 3 Strayhorn can do between the tackles. He is not a between the tackles type back. I would say that Caldwell is more between the tackles.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X