Weekly preview first, yes

Comment

Re: Who 'turns the corner' first

Originally posted by EveryCatAWildman View Post
      Weekly preview first, yes

Comment

Originally posted by UCObluejay View Post
        I don't want this to come out mean but...
        NEO is a JuCo in Miami (Miama) http://www.neo.edu/
        NSU is the MIAA team.
        It's more of a Miam uh as opposed Miam a, but that is nitpicking. Just DON'T pronounce it Miam ee LOL
        My late Great Uncle was the long time Dean of Students at NEO A & M. I sure do miss him!
        Go Golden Norse!

Comment

myyyyyy am eeee is in florida
          myamuh is a much shorter word and is a town in Oklahoma.

Comment

Originally posted by Predatory Primates View Post
            myyyyyy am eeee is in florida
            myamuh is a much shorter word and is a town in Oklahoma.
            myamuh is also in Missouri - little town north of Marshall

Comment

Originally posted by iconions View Post
              It's more of a Miam uh as opposed Miam a, but that is nitpicking. Just DON'T pronounce it Miam ee LOL
              My late Great Uncle was the long time Dean of Students at NEO A & M. I sure do miss him!
              Go Golden Norse!
              Kind of like Arkansas City/River isn't Arken saw
              it's R-Kansas

Comment

Kind of like Arkansas City/River isn't Arken saw
                it's R-Kansas
                Don't forget the little are kansas

Comment

western Kansas is classic Big Sky country. there is a good reason why the folks who live "out there" are kind, courteous, honest, soft-spoken, and endowed with great humility. anyone who has stood alone on the plains when a monstrous thunderhead is building and rolling their way knows of what I speak. one feels very, very small in Big Sky country in the face of awesome, overwhelming nature. it keeps a person honest and humble.

and as far as western Kansas being flat......true, if you travel only I-70 western Kansas is pretty flat and monotonous. highway engineers want it that way. flat land is ideal for them. it is the easiest and cheapest to build on. but if one ventures off the four-lane....

I can take a person in any direction from I-70 and in half an hour or less I can show them some of the wildest, most rugged and beautiful country they have ever seen in their lives. incredible rock formations, towering bluffs, impossible canyons. and no people. just antelope, jack rabbits, elk, coyotes, cougars, road runners, horney toads, prairie rattlers, prickly pears, spanish bayonets, buffalo grass, and silence like they have never "heard" before. this wild land is today like it has always been. I have never known such peace of mind as when I am alone in western kansas. even tho I was born and raised in eastern kansas and western missouri, my heart will always be in western kansas.

Comment

Originally posted by Bigbadbod View Post
                    and as far as western Kansas being flat
                    scientifically proven; Kansas is flatter than a pancake

Comment

scientifically proven; Kansas is flatter than a pancake
                      And the earth is smoother than a bowling ball

Comment

Who pays for this research?

Comment

Ian, there are 52 weeks in a year to take a vacation. In the future do not put your mental health, family obligations and enjoyment ahead of your MIAA column. :smile-big:

Enjoy it my friend.

Comment

Originally posted by Predatory Primates View Post
                            Who pays for this research?
                            My link is from a former NASA robotics Engineer/supernerd who does webcomics, and the bowling ball thing came from people who make the balls noticing the the variations during their QA process. The other one: nerds with free time and access to equipment? I remember building random things, programs in college.

Comment

Originally posted by Bigbadbod View Post
                              western Kansas is classic Big Sky country. there is a good reason why the folks who live "out there" are kind, courteous, honest, soft-spoken, and endowed with great humility. anyone who has stood alone on the plains when a monstrous thunderhead is building and rolling their way knows of what I speak. one feels very, very small in Big Sky country in the face of awesome, overwhelming nature. it keeps a person honest and humble.

and as far as western Kansas being flat......true, if you travel only I-70 western Kansas is pretty flat and monotonous. highway engineers want it that way. flat land is ideal for them. it is the easiest and cheapest to build on. but if one ventures off the four-lane....

I can take a person in any direction from I-70 and in half an hour or less I can show them some of the wildest, most rugged and beautiful country they have ever seen in their lives. incredible rock formations, towering bluffs, impossible canyons. and no people. just antelope, jack rabbits, elk, coyotes, cougars, road runners, horney toads, prairie rattlers, prickly pears, spanish bayonets, buffalo grass, and silence like they have never "heard" before. this wild land is today like it has always been. I have never known such peace of mind as when I am alone in western kansas. even tho I was born and raised in eastern kansas and western missouri, my heart will always be in western kansas.
                              Little Post on the Prairie, by Laura Ichabod Wilder

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X