• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Top 5 Conferences

Can a conference do that?

Comment

Originally posted by jimbo slice View Post
      speaking of trolls, what happened to the supposed nw fan that everyone thought was me last season?
      He sits in the front row of our section. I don't know why posters thought it would be you...different type of posting.
      IH8FERRIS

Comment

Originally posted by Predatory Primates View Post
        Can a conference do that?
        It all depends on what they have for written rules to follow. The GLIAC thread referenced a link to GSC basketball in which the NCAA vacated the games mid season while the GSC enforced forfeiting. The NCAA vacated games for post season consideration and the conference had each conference game flipped to a loss. Original losing teams kept their loss as well in that situation as it was a conference only rule past the vacated games.

http://www.westalabamawatchman.com/u...igible-player/
        "On February 22, 2018, after a review of the case with the NCAA, UWA reported the student-athlete as competing while ineligible. The NCAA penalties for this secondary violation include a fine and application of nullification principles Play at least eight Division II opponents during the regular season (there will be an appeals process available in 2018 if
        a given institution is not able to satisfy this requirement);
        ? Play at least 10 opponents during the regular season. An institution may submit a waiver request to the football committee
        for their consideration if a given institution is not able to satisfy this requirement.

Comment

The other troll thread was fun to participate in, this one quickly died.

Comment

Originally posted by Finishempty Fred View Post
            1.gac
            1. Gliac
            3. Gsc
            4. Miaa
            5. Lsc

What Time Frame?

2011 - 2017 Seasons.
            No way could they even be included in top 5.

2017 - 2018 Season
            Doubtful in top 5

2018 - 2019 Season
            Just Maybe

Comment

Originally posted by Turbonium View Post
              meh...fishnet ran out of ammo

Comment

Originally posted by Turbonium View Post
                Fred dropped a bare hook into the water this time - still able to snag a few.

Comment

^^^^^^^^^
                  Go Bearcats!
                  M-I-Z-Z-O-U!

Comment

Originally posted by NewCatEyez View Post
                    It all depends on what they have for written rules to follow. The GLIAC thread referenced a link to GSC basketball in which the NCAA vacated the games mid season while the GSC enforced forfeiting. The NCAA vacated games for post season consideration and the conference had each conference game flipped to a loss. Original losing teams kept their loss as well in that situation as it was a conference only rule past the vacated games.

http://www.westalabamawatchman.com/u...igible-player/
                    "On February 22, 2018, after a review of the case with the NCAA, UWA reported the student-athlete as competing while ineligible. The NCAA penalties for this secondary violation include a fine and application of nullification principles Play at least eight Division II opponents during the regular season (there will be an appeals process available in 2018 if
                    a given institution is not able to satisfy this requirement);
                    ? Play at least 10 opponents during the regular season. An institution may submit a waiver request to the football committee
                    for their consideration if a given institution is not able to satisfy this requirement.

Comment

Miaa gsc gliac and top half of nsic and lsc. (Bottoms half's are not as impressive and they struggle in po)

the top 4 in GAC are good (hsu,obu,hu,and sau) after that the bottom falls out. Those four are getting better and are beginning to make ground. But I've watched both conf a bunch. And miaa is better. Mainly because the size factor on the lines.

Your point of the miaa showing some weakness has some merit. But over last 20 years it's been those three conf with playoff dominance esp since NCC disappered.
                      Last edited by the Northeasterner; 10-23-2018, 06:20 PM.

Comment

[QUOTE=Predatory Primates;2294912]I think Fred used to be a wt fan.[/QUO

That's so true. It's return of Westtexan. That's some old school d2 knowledge for u gac fans

Comment

Originally posted by Finishempty Fred View Post
                          1.gac
                          1. Gliac
                          3. Gsc
                          4. Miaa
                          5. Lsc
                          Are you trying to stir $h!+ ?
                          :wink:

If the archives go back that far.. I should be on record stating the GAC got hosed last year.

Welcome to this year. This year, nothing is more meaningless than last year. . .

(Same as every year)

If the MIAA is a powerhouse this year, (I think not) we will surely revisit this topic at the end of the year.

Comment

Pretty hard twist on semantics to say a 7-0 record would have been played against at least 10 teams... I get where you are trying to go with it but I can't think a loophole would be that big.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X