Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: QB Peterson leaves WU, is a giant baby

Originally posted by GorillaBred View Post
    If the bylines have Rick Peterson as the writer and he's the son of Jeff Peterson, doesn't that make it seem as though the author of the article is not his parent?
    I meant more along the lines of it may be relation.

Comment

Originally posted by JR Chaney View Post
      Good point. He will have to leave the NCAA system if he hopes to play. 4,4,4 rule would require him to sit otherwise.
      He could play at Ferris next year.

Comment

Originally posted by Predatory Primates View Post
        If you read the title of this thread like it's a headline, it's hilarious.
        :laugh:

Has a real "The Onion" feel to it, in that case.

Comment

If you read the title of this thread like it's a headline, it's hilarious.
          That's actually what I was going for lol

Comment

Originally posted by JR Chaney View Post
            Good point. He will have to leave the NCAA system if he hopes to play. 4,4,4 rule would require him to sit otherwise.
            Maybe he could look into Ferris...

Edit: I see Turbo beat me to it

Comment

Weird, just like the real Cliff notes, the people who only read them miss out on the actual story.

Originally posted by IM N GUD H&NZ BEARCAT View Post
              Is the coach's son the current starter at WU?
              Oh, I'm sure that has nothing to do with it really! :wink:

Originally posted by northwest missouri state View Post
              not to mention as you said coach's kid has been putting up better #'s.
              Well, at least twice he did... the other games, not so much...

Originally posted by northwest missouri state View Post
              i don't think it "necessarily" applies to anyone. hc's prerogative. it's his job that's on the line if the team doesn't win.

the thing that kids &/or young adults as in this case don't often get is that life isn't fair & yer owed nothing in this world.

dude needs to grow up.
              Exactly correct. We've never seen a HC make a mistake either, but it is his job to win games, not to coddle 18-22 year olds. :bulgy-eyes:

I'm sure that the kid was told he would play and the coach decided not to play him after the fact. Yes, that should tick anyone off if they believe they can help the team win as they did previously. His attitude toward his situation was in question, not his ability. A moody 18-22 year old, what a shock...

I completely agree that the kid needs to grow up, but I also realize that coaches are also responsible for setting proper expectations and helping these young men "grow up". Losing has a way or personifying the bad attributes in everyone, not just the student athletes...

Comment

Originally posted by Bytor View Post
                Weird, just like the real Cliff notes, the people who only read them miss out on the actual story.

Oh, I'm sure that has nothing to do with it really! :wink:

Well, at least twice he did... the other games, not so much...

Exactly correct. We've never seen a HC make a mistake either, but it is his job to win games, not to coddle 18-22 year olds. :bulgy-eyes:

I'm sure that the kid was told he would play and the coach decided not to play him after the fact. Yes, that should tick anyone off if they believe they can help the team win as they did previously. His attitude toward his situation was in question, not his ability. A moody 18-22 year old, what a shock...

I completely agree that the kid needs to grow up, but I also realize that coaches are also responsible for setting proper expectations and helping these young men "grow up". Losing has a way or personifying the bad attributes in everyone, not just the student athletes...
                I think you're missing the mark, but nobody knows what went on behind closed doors. Based on how the kid went to the papers...I'd say entitled kid crying he didn't get his way.

Comment

Originally posted by HookemHerd View Post
                  I think you're missing the mark, but nobody knows what went on behind closed doors. Based on how the kid went to the papers...I'd say entitled kid crying he didn't get his way.
                  I would say you hit the nail on the head!

Comment

None of this is politically correct. Shame on you!:at-wits-end:

Comment

Originally posted by HookemHerd View Post
                      You may be correct. I may be completely off base here. It's just too easy to pile on to the entitled kid routine.

And who would believe the 18-22 year old over the coach anyway, regardless of whether or not the kid went to the paper or the paper came to him?
                      Last edited by Bytor; 11-02-2018, 04:19 PM.

Comment

Topeka is a dump. I say we give it to Nebraska.

Comment

Originally posted by Bytor View Post
                          You may be correct. I may be completely off base here. It's just too easy to pile on to the entitled kid routine.

And who would believe the 18-22 year old over the coach anyway, regardless of whether or not the kid went to the paper or the paper came to him?
                          Did you read the article? Most of us came to a different conclusion.

Comment

Where the heck have you been all season?
                            Cool Story Bro

Comment

Comment

Yes one can understand that the kid would be upset about losing his job and losing it to the head coach son. With that said, the coaches son was the better quarterback. Schurig probably doesn't make the move unless he knows his son better anyway... he has been around long enough to realize the pushback if things don't go well.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X