Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: QB Peterson leaves WU, is a giant baby

Originally posted by Predatory Primates View Post
    Topeka is a dump. I say we give it to Nebraska.
    Nah, it has more of an Arkansas feel.

Peterson (the QB, not the writer) already transferred once, probably because of the same issue. He better find a crappy NAIA school that guarantees him to be the man for all 11 games next year.

Comment

Originally posted by Try II View Post

Peterson (the QB, not the writer) already transferred once, probably because of the same issue. He better find a crappy NAIA school that guarantees him to be the man for all 11 games next year.
      Is he a true Junior?

Comment

Originally posted by Try II View Post

Good point. He will have to leave the NCAA system if he hopes to play. 4,4,4 rule would require him to sit otherwise.

Comment

Originally posted by Predatory Primates View Post
          Topeka is a dump. I say we give it to Nebraska.
          I have proposed this before, but I say we pick up the entire state of Kansas with several million helicopters, drop it in the Pacific, making it another Hawaiian island. Then we fill the hole with water and use it as a lake for the rest of the Midwest to use for vacations.

Comment

Originally posted by BearcatDude View Post
            Especially in this situation Tom Brady dad is the coach
            Based on the number of SB rings on Tom Brady's fingers, Tom Brady is everyone's daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by ShirtedBearcat View Post
              I have proposed this before, but I say we pick up the entire state of Kansas with helicopters and make it another Hawaiian island. The remaining space can be a giant lake for the rest of the Midwest to use for vacations.
              That would make my commute a real SOB since I live in MO and work in KS. Although, the high KS property taxes would be worth moving back if they relocated it near Hawaii.

Comment

Originally posted by HookemHerd View Post
                https://www.cjonline.com/sports/2018...otball-program

Good Lord this is a terrible whiny look for the kid. Also what the hell cjonline, do his parents work for the paper, what is this trash?
                Originally posted by Ian Carlson View Post
                Peterson is a pretty common last name, but check the by lines.
                Originally posted by JR Chaney View Post
                His Bio from his Texas State Roster:

Named a two-star recruit by Rivals.com, 247Sports.com and Scout.com ... earned Honorable Mention All-Centennial League honors as a senior ... accumulated 1,853 yards of total offense, including 1,542 passing yards in his senior season ... tallied over 1500 yards of total offense as a junior ... ranked among top 10 city leaders in both passing and rushing ... named Honorable Mention Class 6A All-State in 2013 and 2014 ... named the Topeka City Prep baseball team and a forward on the basketball squad ... threw a no-hitter as a junior pitcher.

Personal
                son of Jeff and Gayla Peterson.

I have a feeling you may be right.
                If the bylines have Rick Peterson as the writer and he's the son of Jeff Peterson, doesn't that make it seem as though the author of the article is not his parent?

Comment

Originally posted by GorillaBred View Post
                  If the bylines have Rick Peterson as the writer and he's the son of Jeff Peterson, doesn't that make it seem as though the author of the article is not his parent?
                  Rick is short for Jeff - I thought everyone knew that?

A starting quarterback left a team and talked publicly about the reasons why. A reporter doesn't have to be related to the quarterback to find that newsworthy IMO.

Comment

If you read the title of this thread like it's a headline, it's hilarious.

Comment

Originally posted by Bytor View Post
                      Sounds like TWO egos that collided and the coach wins. What a shock. :doh:

Don't be so quick to judge the kid as there is probably plenty of blame on both sides to go around.
                      no....no there isn't. that article is all about a player not knowing his place & thinking he's owed more than he is.

not to mention the delusions. his #'s weren't exactly spectacular.
                      Go Bearcats!
                      M-I-Z-Z-O-U!

Comment

I think the "you don't lose your job to injury" thing only applies to those who were performing well prior to the injury. Shurig has definitely given them a spark in comparison.

Comment

i don't think it "necessarily" applies to anyone. hc's prerogative. it's his job that's on the line if the team doesn't win.

the thing that kids &/or young adults as in this case don't often get is that life isn't fair & yer owed nothing in this world.

dude needs to grow up.
                          Go Bearcats!
                          M-I-Z-Z-O-U!

Comment

not to mention as you said coach's kid has been putting up better #'s.
                            Go Bearcats!
                            M-I-Z-Z-O-U!

Comment

Originally posted by JR Chaney View Post
                              Good point. He will have to leave the NCAA system if he hopes to play. 4,4,4 rule would require him to sit otherwise.
                              I thought the article said we was on track to graduate and could transfer somewhere with out sitting out, He also said it would not be in the MIAA (unless Willie Fritz comes back :wink:)

Comment

Originally posted by northwest missouri state View Post
                                no....no there isn't. that article is all about a player not knowing his place & thinking he's owed more than he is.

not to mention the delusions. his #'s weren't exactly spectacular.
                                I mean a 30 minute interview? He calls the new starter "a good kid" - he's one year older. He acts like he was Dane Simoneau. He started one year for mediocre to bad team that won a garbage bowl game.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X