Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comment

Re: MIAA PO hopes

But the shame, if Indy beats you, will be forever.

Comment

Originally posted by Runnin' Cat View Post
        Does this mean that within two years, we will see a thread titled "When was the MIAA last relevant?"
        Probably

Comment

I maintain several sleeper profiles for trolling.....
          I just use my normal profile for that.

Comment

That is true about IF Indy won but at least FHSU still needs to take baby steps. Winning a playoff game has to be a big motivation after last year.

Comment

Does this mean that within two years, we will see a thread titled "When was the MIAA last relevant?"
              I think this is it?

Comment

The strange thing, is that UCO may be the best team in the conference at this point, and they'll be playing in a bowl game.

Comment

Originally posted by Predatory Primates View Post
                  The strange thing, is that UCO may be the best team in the conference at this point, and they'll be playing in a bowl game.
                  They can thank Pitty State for that.

Comment

Originally posted by Predatory Primates View Post
                    I bet they are really kicking themselves for the week 2 loss to Kearney now.

Comment

Originally posted by BartonTiger View Post
                      And to think we had the opening to be able to play a nonconference game now but the conference decided to bring back horrible horrible Lincoln.

My hope is that Lincoln is a single-year temporary solution.

Comment

Originally posted by BartonTiger View Post
                        And to think we had the opening to be able to play a nonconference game now but the conference decided to bring back horrible horrible Lincoln.
                        You can't really lose a team and do 1 non con game. It puts the non com in a different week for every team and makes it impossible for some teams to get a game.

Only ways it would work is if the NCAA let D2 start a week earlier to play the non cons and have a bye later, or if you split into divisions. (They could do the 2nd option with or without lincoln.

Comment

Originally posted by Brandon View Post
                          I think this is it?
                          Is it a matter of the MIAA "dropping" in quality, or is it that they set the bar and other conferences or specific teams have crept closer?

Comment

Is it a matter of the MIAA "dropping" in quality, or is it that they set the bar and other conferences or specific teams have crept closer?
                            Yes.
                            IH8FERRIS

Comment

The miaa needs to dump the silo and add non conference games. One it will give us an advantage in regional rankings if we go out and beat the teams that we say we can. Two it will let us see what others are doing to bring in new ideas and new coaches on O and D side of ball Three it expands our recruiting base by expanding our presence outside of ok,mo,ks,and neb.

I did have a point to this thread and that is we need to visit how to fix a growing problem. Take away the top 4schooks in GAC. (Who have season after season earned thier way I to playoffs), The bottom 8could not hang in the miaa. But they have a good shot at taking a po spot from us When it should be other way around. How did lsc get so many schools into po back when they were in same region. They set up a system with multiple 10 win teams. This sticking with as PP put it other post. "Lazy scheduling"silo is going to be end of conf dominance Miaa earned after the big boys of NCC left. Nsic and GAC Gets multiple positions teams each year with silo because of inequality of top tier schools over bottom. But miaa doesn't have same inequality so teams just beat on each other all season long.

I have been consistent on this point since silo was put in. And we are now in second year of a sub par trend. How many more years like this will it take before schools want returns from the big investments the conf schools and thier alums put into football.

Comment

Mainly the first. The last couple of years the top and middle of the MIAA have been down a little bit, imo. The GLIAC, GSC, and NSIC have continued to put out at least one legit team each year.

The top of the RMAC and GAC have improved. LSC is hit and miss as usual.

There are also more conferences gobbling spots (deserving or not) to make those 28 spots a little harder to get.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X