Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Northwest @ Grand Valley

congrats NWMS - good luck next week - have a safe trip home and north again if you go - but hey, how about that video the GV marketing department put together to hype the game - pretty good hey
    Last edited by BillyGV; 11-17-2018, 03:40 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Gorilla John 92 View Post
      While I truly like Coach Wright, it was totally classless to bring the starting offense for the last two series AND the starting defense back for the Mules last touchdown drive last week in the 'Burg. The game was never in doubt so why do it? The only thing I can think of was that the Mules one's were taking it to the NW two's and he didn't like it. Did he ever say why?
      I totally disagree. I disagreed when I heard Greg talking about it. I thought he should do it before he did it. There are several reasons why.

1. Jim Svoboda is at his absolute best when he's the hunter. I'm sure they were fearful of Jim getting a onside kick and then "here we go again".....
      2. UCM was still trying to score. If they had been running the clock out and had broken a long run, it's one thing. But they had a quick offensive tempo and had some momentum. You may have given up on your team but Bearcats never count out Jim.
      3. They needed good momentum going into the playoffs. The last thing you'd want as a head coach is to milk a big lead and end up having to hold on at the end when a trip to Grand Valley.

I can think of some other more minor reasons, but the reasons I listed are enough.

Comment

Originally posted by Bearcat72 View Post
        I want to complement the Grand Valley broadcast crew on an excellent presentation. Best D2 game coverage ever!
        I watch them almost every week. They are fantastic.

Comment

No excuses for the loses. We were beat when NW took the field and 'Boda and everyone knew it, to include nw fans. I will use the poor attendance from both sides as my evidence your honor.

Why i hung around and watched the entire game is beyond me other than to see if the consecutive game scoring streak was going to be broken. I told those I was sitting with that the streak is in serious jeopardy. Luckily we scored on a pass one play after the fumble. If Wright would have kept the starters in then to end the Mules streak, I could and would have accepted that. But when he didn't, that crossed the line for me.
          Perhaps if Boda would of pulled his starters and accepted the defeat instead of trying to run it up on the backups the BC starters wouldn't have come in.

Comment

Originally posted by BillyGV View Post
            congrats NWMS - good luck next week - have a safe trip home and north again if you go - but hey, how about that video the GV marketing department put together to hype the game - pretty good hey
            There are some things that GV does best in D2. This is one of them. They do a great job of giving opponents credit for having good programs and giving good games the build up they deserve. I think that method is better than making hype videos that "we're going to destroy them."

Comment

Originally posted by Bearcat72 View Post
              I want to complement the Grand Valley broadcast crew on an excellent presentation. Best D2 game coverage ever!
              they do a good job and although they are GV guys they try to keep it even and honest - when the other team does something good they say so

Comment

Originally posted by ClayCoCat View Post
                Perhaps if Boda would of pulled his starters and accepted the defeat instead of trying to run it up on the backups the BC starters wouldn't have come in.
                ^^^ Ed Zachary ^^^

Comment

Originally posted by BillyGV View Post
                  they do a good job and although they are GV guys they try to keep it even and honest - when the other team does something good they say so
                  It was very well done. Despite the small crowd, every thing about Lubbers was what I expected, which was great. Except for the sound system. Apparently NWMSU gave you their old one after they upgraded...

Comment

Over 300 yards rushing by the Bearcats. Only 2 passes in the second half. Even the jet sweeps were handoffs today, and they both gained yardage.

Comment

Originally posted by ClayCoCat View Post

What.......? That's easily the most ass backward statement I've seen in a long time.

Comment

No excuses for the loses. We were beat when NW took the field and 'Boda and everyone knew it, to include nw fans. I will use the poor attendance from both sides as my evidence your honor.

Why i hung around and watched the entire game is beyond me other than to see if the consecutive game scoring streak was going to be broken. I told those I was sitting with that the streak is in serious jeopardy. Luckily we scored on a pass one play after the fumble. If Wright would have kept the starters in then to end the Mules streak, I could and would have accepted that. But when he didn't, that crossed the line for me.
                        It's your choice to agree or disagree with my statement but I don't think what Coach Wright did was all that objectionable. Our number twos showed they weren't ready for prime time and he sent number ones back in. I have coached for 27 years with a lot of guys who have done the exact same thing....whether it was our own staff, or another staff doing it to us. He's the guy with his name on the side of the truck so it's all on him. Yes it would have been highly questionable if any of the number ones had gotten seriously injured, but they didn't. Using that logic, you could hammer a coach anytime he's up 24 points or more in the second half and still has number ones in. I don't have any right to tell you how to feel; I just know Coach Wright isn't a jerk and his message wasn't for Coach Svoboda and his Mules, but rather for his own number twos. I could be very wrong, I have been many times before, so if I am I apologize. I just don't think a "line was crossed" like as in bad sportsmanship or something like that.
                        Northwest Missouri State University
                        BEARCATS

Comment

STFU...and #FreeBolles.
                          IH8FERRIS

Comment

Originally posted by Ian Carlson View Post
                            It was very well done. Despite the small crowd, every thing about Lubbers was what I expected, which was great. Except for the sound system. Apparently NWMSU gave you their old one after they upgraded...
                            ya, when it gets cold for some reason we just don't get those 10K to 15K crowds - what's up with that? - kids, what can you do - it will be nicer next year with the renovated football center and locker rooms (north end zone) - as for the sound system I believe it was recently replaced - I don't remember it being bad earlier in the year when I was up there for a game - hmmm...sorry it spoiled your trip :tongue:

Comment

Yeah I did.

Comment

Honestly this was a good game for a half. Will be interesting to see what happens against ferris.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X