Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Northwest @ Grand Valley

Blood makes the grass grow, mothertruckers.

Discuss.

Re: Northwest @ Grand Valley

Originally posted by Psycho View Post

Discuss.
    Always wanted to see Lubbers Stadium! Can't Wait! Time for 2018 Version of the "Road Warriors!"

Comment

Looks like they give up some points, but due to our ignorant MIAA "silo schedule" no matter who we play it is comparing apples to oranges. So it is very difficult to discuss.
      The only possible comparison is our game with Ashland last year. Our score with them last year was similar to GVSU's this year. But who knows????? We are considerably better......I think.....at times. And.....last years game with Ashland was in a total deluge. That might of hurt us or helped????? AND, I have no idea what Ashland or Grand Valley graduated and or added themselves.
      If......B. Wright gets off to a good start, I like our chances against everyone. If he struggles out of the gate????? It will quite likely come down to if our O-Line can at least hang in there. If they can do more that than, I think we will get to play another week. (And make more memories with our Bearcat Family traveling to another place we have never seen before!) Time to embrace the trip, the travels, and challenge!
      Regardless, there is nothing better in sports than Playoff football. I will cherish another trip with my dad and son to watch the Bearcats play in a new venue to us. We have traveled to so many places.. San Angelo Texas, to Duluth several times, to Greeley Colorado years ago, to Texas A&M Kingsville, to Abilene Christian a couple of times, to Minnesota State Mankato, and all parts in between! But this will be a first....to play the Lakers at Lubbers........BRING IT ON! #OABAAB

Comment

I would love to be at this game; should be a slugfest.

Comment

hey sir shanks alot - you will enjoy the comfy confines of lubbers - wish it would be packed like regular season games but there will be a decent crowd - at least 5K - visit the parking lots right next to the stadium - they are filled with tailgaters with most being laker football alums - they won't give you to hard a time, just some fun hassling but they will share some good food and drinks - just walk on up and introduce yourself - the tailgating lots will open by 10 with the kickoff slated for 1 (I think, that's typical for playoffs) - have fun and Go Lakers

Comment

We all say the MIAA is down this year and it certainly may be. But we don't really know much until these teams actually play each other. So let's play. We'll see which NW offsense shows up. If the one that is explosive and capable of moving the ball comes to play, I think we've got a shot against anyone. If the one that gets one first down in the first half against Hays shows up, we gon' lose.

Comment

Originally posted by Psycho View Post

Discuss.
              The grass is gettin' pretty tall between these two programs

Comment

Sounds very much like Northwest. I hope that when you traveled to our stadium and found the same things and had a similar experience. (Minus the result) I very much look forward to meeting the Laker Faithful.

Comment

It's been awhile. Great to see these two programs get after it again! Go Bearcats!

Comment

GV by 17

Comment

Originally posted by IowaBearcat View Post
                      GV by 17
                      Exactly what I was thinking, 38 - 21!

Comment

Originally posted by CatsBy90 View Post
                        We all say the MIAA is down this year and it certainly may be. But we don't really know much until these teams actually play each other. So let's play. We'll see which NW offsense shows up. If the one that is explosive and capable of moving the ball comes to play, I think we've got a shot against anyone. If the one that gets one first down in the first half against Hays shows up, we gon' lose.
                        Good luck!

If it all pans out right, we will see you in the quarter final. Go double or nothing on the MIAA trophy ;)

Comment

Originally posted by Thepeman View Post
                          Exactly what I was thinking, 38 - 21!
                          Not even.
                          <>

Comment

The only way NW wins this is by holding GV to no more than 10 pts.

Comment

A oldy but goody..:smile-big:
                              [IMG][/IMG]
                              Last edited by GreenwoodBearcat; 11-12-2018, 08:18 AM.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X