Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Northwest @ Grand Valley

Originally posted by BeachinLaker View Post
    I was just going to ask how NW does at defending the deep pass, because that is all GVSU does. Fades for days.
    It has improved. Depending on the zebra crew, that could be our kryptonite. PI's for days...
    IH8FERRIS

Comment

Originally posted by IM N GUD H&NZ BEARCAT View Post
      It has improved. Depending on the zebra crew, that could be our kryptonite. PI's for days...
      Never thought about how the playoff crew will be different. GVSU is gonna have to adjust to that, since holding calls are almost never called in the GLIAC. Notorious for the lack of holding calls across the entire conference. If there's a crew that is going to call holds, GVSU is probably going to have 15 penalties lol
      2021 D2Football Fantasy Champion

Comment

Originally posted by KleShreen View Post
        Never thought about how the playoff crew will be different. GVSU is gonna have to adjust to that, since holding calls are almost never called in the GLIAC. Notorious for the lack of holding calls across the entire conference. If there's a crew that is going to call holds, GVSU is probably going to have 15 penalties lol
        If they called them in the MIAA, NW would have 10-15 more sacks.

Comment

A few more OL holds have been called this year, but most year's holding in front of the zebras won't even get called. We've had more PI calls this year than several years combined.
          IH8FERRIS

Comment

Originally posted by Ian Carlson View Post
            If they called them in the MIAA, NW would have 10-15 more sacks.
            ...and that's lowballing it.
            IH8FERRIS

Comment

Two way street.. I'm still pretty sure there have been zero holding penalties enforced against GV's competition this season.. not a one. (mentioned on radio bcast) I think 2 were called, but GV declined them and took the play.

Comment

Originally posted by BeachinLaker View Post
                I was just going to ask how NW does at defending the deep pass, because that is all GVSU does. Fades for days.
                Sounds like that is the matchup to watch for the GV O v. NW D.

Comment

HC (and DC) Rich Wright talking to defense at Central last Saturday.

Comment

Because Rich Wright has proven that he can not win the big game I don't see how The Northwest Bearcats can go on the road and win. I hope I am eating my words, but i'll take the Lakers 17-3.

Wright Career Playoff Record: 0-2

Comment

Originally posted by MaroonJackRabbits View Post
                      Because Rich Wright has proven that he can not win the big game I don't see how The Northwest Bearcats can go on the road and win. I hope I am eating my words, but i'll take the Lakers 17-3.

Wright Career Playoff Record: 0-2
                      How can his career P/O record be 0-2, this is his 2nd year coaching?

Comment

Originally posted by libertybearcat View Post
                        How can his career P/O record be 0-2, this is his 2nd year coaching?

Comment

NW fans shouldn't be too excited about their performance against UCM. Pitt shut them down most of the game and UCM scored 14 points after the starters were removed. Plus, Pitt didn't attempt a pass in the second half after their first possession and moved the ball up and down the field and could have scored another 14 or more points on them. UCM is a bad measuring stick to say an area of your team has improved.

Comment

Originally posted by NW Normal View Post
                            HC (and DC) Rich Wright talking to defense at Central last Saturday.

The Offense needs the attention

Comment

Originally posted by PSR View Post
                              NW fans shouldn't be too excited about their performance against UCM. Pitt shut them down most of the game and UCM scored 14 points after the starters were removed. Plus, Pitt didn't attempt a pass in the second half after their first possession and moved the ball up and down the field and could have scored another 14 or more points on them. UCM is a bad measuring stick to say an area of your team has improved.
                              Help out D2football.com - click on an ad

Comment

Originally posted by PSR View Post
                                Yes. Playing and beating CMSU and PU at their house this season is a bad measuring stick. I feel others would agree with this sentiment.
                                IH8FERRIS

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X