Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Northwest @ Grand Valley

Originally posted by KleShreen View Post
    Throw 50/50 balls and defend 50/50 balls.
    Well, offenses are able to convert 70% of 50/50 balls against NW this year so you should like your chances. :disapointed:

The other 30% of the time NW is flagged for defensive holding/PI. :crying:

Comment

Pretty cool video here put out by GVSU. Good stuff in here for both GV and NW fans.

https://www.facebook.com/gvsufootbal...6900085489919/
      Nice video tribute to both schools...well done.

Comment

Originally posted by GreenwoodBearcat View Post
        Nice video tribute to both schools...well done.
        Pretty good, not really one sided. One notable mistake in the text on the video, but all in all pretty good.

Comment

I think the GV pass game is a bad match up for NW. Anything can happen in the PO's, though.

Comment

Originally posted by Predatory Primates View Post
            I think the GV pass game is a bad match up for NW. Anything can happen in the PO's, though.
            I realize UCM was down to, what, their 3rd qb? But that kid had been putting up numbers against other defenses and scored one garbage td vs NW 1st team defense. Say what you want but the D Line and (gasp) D Backs are playing better. Hopefully RW has some schemes/blitzes planned for Saturday.

Comment

Pretty cool video here put out by GVSU. Good stuff in here for both GV and NW fans.

https://www.facebook.com/gvsufootbal...6900085489919/
              Kudos to GV on the awesome video.

Comment

Originally posted by OICU812 View Post
                I realize UCM was down to, what, their 3rd qb? But that kid had been putting up numbers against other defenses and scored one garbage td vs NW 1st team defense. Say what you want but the D Line and (gasp) D Backs are playing better. Hopefully RW has some schemes/blitzes planned for Saturday.
                It's amazing how teams seem to start to play better when they play worse competition??? Odd isn't it? :bulgy-eyes:

Comment

Originally posted by OICU812 View Post
                  It looked like to me they've moved Lane to a safety position and started to put the taller db's on the WRs and let Richards and Lane roam as Safeties. It's been a noticeable improvement.

Comment

Originally posted by JR Chaney View Post
                    It looked like to me they've moved Lane to a safety position and started to put the taller db's on the WRs and let Richards and Lane roam as Safeties. It's been a noticeable improvement.
                    Lane has been starting at S after the UCO debacle.

Comment

Originally posted by PSR View Post
                      It's amazing how teams seem to start to play better when they play worse competition??? Odd isn't it? :bulgy-eyes:
                      And vice versa:wink:

Comment

Originally posted by Taxman View Post
                        Lane has been starting at S after the UCO debacle.
                        Yep and there has been issues here and there but largely the secondary has played better. They played the top half the passing attacks in the MIAA afterwards and held them all to 17 points or less and under on the average yards.

Comment

If your speaking of NW's offense I get this comment. But not the defense. Statistically the D performed better v. the MIAA Co-Champs (good competition?) than Central. Outside of the lapses in deep pass coverage the NW D is not a problem.

Comment

I believe I saw a few packages on your front porch this morning. It looked like a keg of Diamond Bear beer, a whole slug of pork rinds and Slim Jims, and some balloons. The return address was from Searcy.

Comment

If your speaking of NW's offense I get this comment. But not the defense. Statistically the D performed better v. the MIAA Co-Champs (good competition?) than Central. Outside of the lapses in deep pass coverage the NW D is not a problem.
                              Makes sense. Just because they are co-champs doesn't mean offense is their strong suit. They're clearly led by their defense. The Jim Svoboda led Mules are clearly led by their offense. They always have been. So it's no surprise that NW's defense looked better against Ft Hays than it did against UCM. It's also no surprise that our offense looked better against UCM than it did against Ft. Hays.

Comment

I was just going to ask how NW does at defending the deep pass, because that is all GVSU does. Fades for days.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X