• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

nope....but you would be making the same point
    Go Bearcats!
    M-I-Z-Z-O-U!

Comment

Ok, I give up. Seriously, I got your original point and I agree. But, with a handle like KMA, surely you understand that I have a certain image to maintain that occasionally requires me to goose other posters for no logical reason. Is this making any sense? Good, I didn't think so.. KMA signing off for tonight and if I offended anyone, well, Kiss My Ass.....lol.

Comment

Hahahaha We got to keep our imagine pristine out here!

Comment

nothing really happened here
          Go Bearcats!
          M-I-Z-Z-O-U!

Comment

Originally posted by northwest missouri state View Post
            nothing really happened here
            It rarely does

Comment

Go Bearcats!
              M-I-Z-Z-O-U!

Comment

Originally posted by northwest missouri state View Post
                no one brings their a game every week
                at some point they virtually all mess around with somebody
                This is a point that a lot of people don't seem to understand. A lot of people seem to think it's a video game. If our quarterback is a 95, he will always play at a 95 level. There are tons of things that affect performance, concentration, effort, execution, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Brandon View Post

This is a point that a lot of people don't seem to understand. A lot of people seem to think it's a video game. If our quarterback is a 95, he will always play at a 95 level. There are tons of things that affect performance, concentration, effort, execution, etc.
                  The reason people don't understand it is that the conference has a team that seemingly defies this rules once every 3-4 years, on average, and then that becomes the expectation. In 2015-16, NW DID always play at their video game rating. Same is basically true for 2004 Pitt State (other than when Race went down injured). There are a few other examples if you dig or go farther back in history. 1992 Pitt State was in that same category and had the same injury problem by the end of the playoffs that the 04 Pitt State team had. IIRC, the 2013 NW team had this, too as did at least one of the late 90s NW championship teams.

Comment

Originally posted by GorillaBred View Post

The reason people don't understand it is that the conference has a team that seemingly defies this rules once every 3-4 years, on average, and then that becomes the expectation. In 2015-16, NW DID always play at their video game rating. Same is basically true for 2004 Pitt State (other than when Race went down injured). There are a few other examples if you dig or go farther back in history. 1992 Pitt State was in that same category and had the same injury problem by the end of the playoffs that the 04 Pitt State team had. IIRC, the 2013 NW team had this, too as did at least one of the late 90s NW championship teams.
                    One team once every three years isn't a trend that justifies that thought process. In a decade, that's three (individual) team seasons out of 100 in a 10 team conference.

Comment

Originally posted by Brandon View Post

One team once every three years isn't a trend that justifies that thought process. In a decade, that's three (individual) team seasons out of 100 in a 10 team conference.
                      No one expects the teams that are going to finish 8-3 or worse to perform the same every week. So it's really more like 3 individual seasons out of 25 possible seasons over a decade. I agree it's still a small percentage, but those seasons are the most memorable and since they've mainly occurred at Pitt State and NW, they are the standard that those teams are held to.

Now, as to why someone expects it out of UCM, I have no explanation for.

Comment

Trying to decide if I wanna go watch Pitt host Lincoln. I might go just to see if Pitt can shut down Franklin since nobody has yet.

Comment

Meh. Maybe I'll skip Lincoln and go to Arrowhead and watch NW beat up Pitt next week instead.

Comment

If you're an MIAA observer, this is a good week to catch up on the chores you've been putting off during the first month of the season. UCO-FH in the loser leaves town (for this season) match is the only game of note.

The next three weekend after this are full of good games, so use this weekend to build some capital with your significant other for the rest of the month.

Comment

Hahahahaha I know who I vote for on leaving town

Comment

Originally posted by GorillaBred View Post
                                If you're an MIAA observer, this is a good week to catch up on the chores you've been putting off during the first month of the season. UCO-FH in the loser leaves town (for this season) match is the only game of note.

The next three weekend after this are full of good games, so use this weekend to build some capital with your significant other for the rest of the month.
                                Good plan.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X