Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Week 12 Blog is up

http://www.d2football.com/forum/entry.php?b=2339

Only two teams in action this week, so a little shorter column this week. I can't wait for Saturday.

Re: Week 12 Blog is up

Great job on the article, Ian!
    I hope your prediction is right. Go Bearcats!

Comment

Some would say conference Homer picks. Others would call these the correct picks.

Comment

Originally posted by Ian Carlson View Post
        http://www.d2football.com/forum/entry.php?b=2339

Only two teams in action this week, so a little shorter column this week. I can't wait for Saturday.
        I had to laugh. UIndy and FHSU don't have a playoff win between them..........Well at least the drought will be broken for one of us

Comment

He isn't paid to be impartial... Well, he isn't paid...( I don't think)

Comment

Originally posted by TigerGlen View Post
            I had to laugh. UIndy and FHSU don't have a playoff win between them..........Well at least the drought will be broken for one of us
            Indy beat Midwestern state in the first round in 2012. I think that's their only win though. Came up short by 3 to Harding last year.
            Cool Story Bro

Comment

I certainly have biases. I really do try my best not to succumb to them, but I'd be lying if I said I was 100% successful. But these picks weren't based on any homerism at all. I picked against both teams last year. I just think both teams will come out on top tomorrow. FHSU I'm very confident in. NW much less so, for obvious reasons.

All that said, I've been wrong a LOT this year, so we'll see.

Edit: turns out I did pick NW to beat Ashland last year. I certainly dont remember being very confident in that pick either.

Comment

Hey, when all you know is what you see in your own silo.....

Comment

Comment

Certainly possible. Little question GV wins if they play as good as they did that day. I purposely used those two games because they are a "circle the date on the calendar" type games, like the upcoming one will be. I may be wrong (again), but I think GV is going to get NW's best effort to date. That may not be enough. Anything less, and GV wins.

Comment

Certainly possible. Little question GV wins if they play as good as they did that day. I purposely used those two games because they are a "circle the date on the calendar" type games, like the upcoming one will be. I may be wrong (again), but I think GV is going to get NW's best effort to date. That may not be enough. Anything less, and GV wins.
                      Ok, I read the blog. Other than emotion (which is fair for any pick) What pushed you to predicting the NW win? Truly, I don't know myself.. though I've not seen NW play this season. Plus, I am admittedly biased.:wink: I like hearing what "those in the know" think of this contest." But, after reading your blog, I'm left scratching my head a bit as to your conclusion. Looks like you're saying that if NW plays it's best and GV doesn't NW wins.... tell me more. That comment is true for many a game.:confused:

Comment

Originally posted by Redwing View Post
                        Ok, I read the blog. Other than emotion (which is fair for any pick) What pushed you to predicting the NW win? Truly, I don't know myself.. though I've not seen NW play this season. Plus, I am admittedly biased.:wink: I like hearing what "those in the know" think of this contest." But, after reading your blog, I'm left scratching my head a bit as to your conclusion. Looks like you're saying that if NW plays it's best and GV doesn't NW wins.... tell me more. That comment is true for many a game.:confused:
                        That last part is absolutely true for the vast majority of playoff games. My reasoning is based completely off the fact that the NW is a far better unit than it was a year ago. We'll know in 24 hours whether that was because the defenses in the MIAA were down (statistically, they weren't) or they improved enough to beat a GLIAC team on the road.

Comment

Originally posted by HookemHerd View Post
                          Some would say conference Homer picks. Others would call these the correct picks.
                          Wow. Thanks for that prophetic insight Nostradamus.

Comment

Originally posted by OICU812 View Post
                            Wow. Thanks for that prophetic insight Nostradamus.
                            Yeah I agree. I would never have thought of it either :)

Comment

We'll know in 24 hours whether that was because the defenses in the MIAA were down (statistically, they weren't) or they improved enough to beat a GLIAC team on the road.
                              Expecting 1st half blow outs in both games huh ;)

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X