Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lopers at Hays

The quarterback looked fantastic last week... he's a shifty runner, and he extends plays to make throws, and he made some big ones. I was impressed, but I don't know if he's that good or just had a good day. The offense moved the ball on us all day with their option attack... usually, we're pretty strong against that type of an offense, but we couldn't get off the field. They're solid defensively... we didn't run the ball consistently enough and our pass offense disappears at times and it was bad Saturday. We fell behind early and were playing catchup all day and it didn't play out well for us. You'll be able to attack them differently then we could with your passing game... I think it'll be a good game.

Comment

I'm not sure if UNK had a QB injury or if they just made the switch, but the QB who played against NW played less than half the snaps against Pitt State. He's a pretty good running QB, but had very little passing accuracy against Pitt State or UCO. When he can complete his passes, their offense can get pretty tough. The other QB, who didn't play at all against NW, I believe, is a better passer, but lesser runner. IMO, their offense is a higher floor, but lower ceiling with him in the game.

UNK's run defense is pretty good. FH won't be able to do to them what they did to Pitt State, but I think their pass defense is a little susceptible to downfield throws.

Comment

They are pretty good up front on O. They have 2 QB's like I have seen mentioned. One runs better, one throws better. They don't throw often. Have pretty good backs and a couple decent WR.

Front 7 is really solid on D Back end is not great.

They'll likely squash Tigner's run efforts, and leave it up to Spicolli to air it out.

Comment

Hays had trouble with Pitt's option, UNK could give them real fits with theirs, as they block and read it so much better than Pitt does.

Comment

"Hays had trouble with Pitt's option, UNK could give them real fits with theirs, as they block and read it so much better than Pitt does." Just a guess - but UNK lost to UCO. The week prior UCO had played Pitt St. and their veer. I wonder if it helped UCO by seeing a veer option one week to help them prepare for the option against UNK. Hays just having played Pitts option - could help them this week be more prepared to face another run option offense.

Comment

Originally posted by EveryCatAWildman View Post
              "Hays had trouble with Pitt's option, UNK could give them real fits with theirs, as they block and read it so much better than Pitt does." Just a guess - but UNK lost to UCO. The week prior UCO had played Pitt St. and their veer. I wonder if it helped UCO by seeing a veer option one week to help them prepare for the option against UNK. Hays just having played Pitts option - could help them this week be more prepared to face another run option offense.
              That didn't work for NWMSU... Maybe the trick is we lose, then UNK wins, We win, UNK loses to them, a la UCO.
              How many times did UNK play a team right after we won?

Comment

Originally posted by GorillaTeacher View Post

That didn't work for NWMSU... Maybe the trick is we lose, then UNK wins, We win, UNK loses to them, a la UCO.
                How many times did UNK play a team right after we won?
                Because of the way the schedule works, UNK regularly plays teams immediately following Pitt State. So they've played UCO, ESU, Lincoln and NW immediately after us and will play every remaining team in the conference the week after us the rest of the way.

Comment

Originally posted by GorillaBred View Post

Because of the way the schedule works, UNK regularly plays teams immediately following Pitt State. So they've played UCO, ESU, Lincoln and NW immediately after us and will play every remaining team in the conference the week after us the rest of the way.
                  There goes that idea.

Comment

Comment

TJ Davis at quarterback makes UNK much more explosive on the option. He played lights out against NW on Saturday. Each week he gets better and better. If he plays on Saturday the way he played last week against NW UNK can win. After giving up some yards early in the season, the Loper secondary has been much improved the last month. Saturday will be a big challenge for them. I'm looking forward to the game. It was all Hays could do to hold them off last year, and UNK is much better this season. Big question is... Can they get up and play at that level on the road for a second straight week? We will find out on Saturday.

Comment

I think with the offensive changes UNK has made over the last 3 games, plus our stout defense. You need a fast QB to run the option at its maximum efficiency.

Comment

The QB reminds me of the QB from Ferris State. Good speed and agility.

Comment

Originally posted by loper11 View Post
                            I think with the offensive changes UNK has made over the last 3 games, plus our stout defense. You need a fast QB to run the option at its maximum efficiency.
                            Especially out of the pistol.

Comment

UNK is a good team. I was going to be sick if we blew that lead

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X