X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: GAC

Originally posted by cbgorilla View Post
    Hey Fishfryfred...I will be waiting to see what you meant by this :loser:
    he'll get back with us in a little bit. he's busy picking up johns to pay for his black tar heroin habit.

Comment

Originally posted by Redready View Post
      Since Fred was referencing the last 3 years, this is probably better fitting for the NW team. They (NW) beat HU in 2016 Regional finals. NW beat everybody they played in 2016 as they became the National Champions. In 2017 HU went to Semi. and 2018 is still up in the air if a GAC team can get out of the region against a GLIAC team.

Henderson State lost in 2nd round of PO's to ESU in 2015. HSU has never played PSU or NW. HSU lost to Mo Western in 2012.

PSU last played HU in PO's 5 years ago (2014).

So yes to NW from the MIAA playing better ball in the past 3 years and keeping a GAC team from getting out of the region. NW had a new HC last year and has young players for a couple years. I don't see that staying that way. NW will win more NC's. Maybe PSU will get back to their glory days too.

It's hard to tell if the GAC is better or the Region is just "weaker" based on the comparison.
      Sure he wants to frame the time frame. I'm not going to let him. 3 years isn't a large enough sample.

My point which was obvious is; when the MIAA is fielding top teams as they "once" did the GAC got it handed to them when they met up by double digits. Plain and simple.

Now I'm not saying the MIAA is better than the GAC this year. I haven't seen enough of the GAC to say that. I'm not confident in the MIAA at all, and believe it has dropped off significantly and wouldn't be surprised if the GAC could hold it's own or even do better against the MIAA this year. I haven't seen the MIAA this weak since Pitt entered it in the late 80's and into the 90's. The MIAA was a weak Conference when Pitt entered in 89 and it was them only as a legit National contender until NW rose up in the mid 90s. It was just those two until the early to mid 00's. The League was at it's best from the mid 00's until about the mid part of this decade when it has seen a decline to this day.

I'm not sure if silo played a large part but won't argue against it. IMO, coaching has been the biggest drop off around the league and recruiting. The talent overall is down when it comes to having difference makers on squads. I didn't see anybody this year on any MIAA team that really impressed me talent wise in the skill positions. Nor did I defensively. UCM is suppose to have an Olineman that NFL scouts are looking at. Other than that I'm not sure if there is a player that is of that caliber.

Comment

Originally posted by PSR View Post
        Sure he wants to frame the time frame. I'm not going to let him. 3 years isn't a large enough sample.

My point which was obvious is; when the MIAA is fielding top teams as they "once" did the GAC got it handed to them when they met up by double digits. Plain and simple.

Now I'm not saying the MIAA is better than the GAC this year. I haven't seen enough of the GAC to say that. I'm not confident in the MIAA at all, and believe it has dropped off significantly and wouldn't be surprised if the GAC could hold it's own or even do better against the MIAA this year. I haven't seen the MIAA this weak since Pitt entered it in the late 80's and into the 90's. The MIAA was a weak Conference when Pitt entered in 89 and it was them only as a legit National contender until NW rose up in the mid 90s. It was just those two until the early to mid 00's. The League was at it's best from the mid 00's until about the mid part of this decade when it has seen a decline to this day.

I'm not sure if silo played a large part but won't argue against it. IMO, coaching has been the biggest drop off around the league and recruiting. The talent overall is down when it comes to having difference makers on squads. I didn't see anybody this year on any MIAA team that really impressed me talent wise in the skill positions. Nor did I defensively. UCM is suppose to have an Olineman that NFL scouts are looking at. Other than that I'm not sure if there is a player that is of that caliber.
        I think the silo scheduling makes us always question a teams strength each year. I have watched plenty of GAC games this year and I do not have an athlete that stands out in the crowd. The best athlete in the conference will probably get a try out at best. I agree and won't say the GAC is better than any conference. There is still the season to complete and also a consistent PO win record. The 3 years I would agree is too small of a sample size. Since 2011 when the GAC began would be all the data we can use and it strongly suggest that the MIAA is a superior conference.

When I 1st saw HSU play against MO. Western in 2012 , I knew there was a big difference between the MIAA and GAC. There still may be, but we will just have to keep playing until there is a larger size sample to draw a perception that the conference has improved.

Comment

I hate the silo stuff, but don't blame it for the state of the conference. The MIAA will continue to stagnate and decline until some program steps up and says no mas. This will happen regardless of silo vs non silo. It may happen 1 yr from now or it may be 10 years from now.

Comment

GAC sucks and you know it FakeitFreddy...Does your wife know that you double down on the blue and purple pills to get this much rise...

Comment

I am just here for the comments.

Comment

Originally posted by Mulerider View Post
                I am just here for the comments.
                They can't get enough of Fred logic. They take everything so serious lol. Think I may need to patent the name Fred which is not even my name lol!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Finishempty Fred View Post
                  They can't get enough of Fred logic. They take everything so serious lol. Think I may need to patent the name Fred which is not even my name lol!!!
                  Yeah it took me a while to learn your humor, but it's fun when you finally figure it out. haha.

Comment

i dont think anyone on this particular thread thinks you are a serious poster with that crap. notice how most of it bounces all over the place instead of calling you a o say a cross dressing bus driver or somethi g?

Comment

I loves me some fred.

Comment

Originally posted by Predatory Primates View Post
                        I loves me some fred.
                        Awwww!!! I appreciate that Prey Primate!!!

Comment

Originally posted by jimbo slice View Post
                          i dont think anyone on this particular thread thinks you are a serious poster with that crap. notice how most of it bounces all over the place instead of calling you a o say a cross dressing bus driver or somethi g?
                          Oh I can get serious. It's not my fault some can't spot satire when presented.

Comment

Originally posted by Predatory Primates View Post
                            Btw, I hope they keep winning to see just how unbearable Fred can get.
                            He's got a ways to go to be like Northwest fans :)

Comment

Originally posted by Frosty View Post
                              He's got a ways to go to be like Northwest fans :)
                              If OBU won 2-3 NC's with their enrollment, it would be a feat similar to what NW has done.

Comment

The GAC has made the regional finals 3 years in a row. It's safe to say the GAC may be the top conference in the region now with Ouachita and Harding leading the way. Both teams are young and will only get better. The days of the GAC being the butt of all jokes is over!!!!
                                Do you know what is empty? Your trophy case. NW played Ferris much closer than Ouachita did. Much closer. MIAA beat the GAC 2-0 in bowl games this weekend. I heard the commissioner of the GAC called all the school presidents about your playoff and bowl performance and the overwhelming vote is to change the conference name to GAG. Choke was deemed too violent.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X