Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Predatory Primates View Post

Wouldn't NW also have 2 losses in that scenario?
    NW would have 3 - UNK, FH, Central
    Last edited by Taxman; 10-30-2019, 10:16 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Techster88 View Post

Silo scheduling is especially a killer for a 2 loss team when 3 of your wins are over NE, Lincoln and Mizzou Southern. Really waters down your playoff resume.
      With Silo scheduling it doesn't matter as everyone in the conference has played those same teams year after year. It hasn't hurt yet as the MIAA has gotten 2 teams in. The other conferences have similar teams at the bottom as well.

Comment

MIAA and GAC should get 1 team each no matter how good they are until they stop doing the silo crap.

Comment

no joke^^^
          Go Bearcats!
          M-I-Z-Z-O-U!

Comment

Originally posted by Predatory Primates View Post
            MIAA and GAC should get 1 team each no matter how good they are until they stop doing the silo crap.
            I think the committee "punished" Minn State by giving them #2 in 2017, in effect for the silo.

I think that playoff spots for silo conferences should be limited due to the silo schedule.

Comment

Originally posted by Runnin' Cat View Post

I think the committee "punished" Minn State by giving them #2 in 2017, in effect for the silo.

I think that playoff spots for silo conferences should be limited due to the silo schedule.
              I think playoff spots should be ELIMINATED for conferences that play a silo schedule.
              Help out D2football.com - click on an ad

Comment

Originally posted by BearcatDude View Post

I think playoff spots should be ELIMINATED for conferences that play a silo schedule.
                Great. When can we get a CWU v. NWMSU rematch scheduled?

Comment

I would love to see a re-match. BTW, I haven't seen us block an extra point in a long time!

Comment

you lose a pile of games to scabs and the vultures come out

dood revenge never satisfies
                    Go Bearcats!
                    M-I-Z-Z-O-U!

Comment

Originally posted by Taxman View Post

With Silo scheduling it doesn't matter as everyone in the conference has played those same teams year after year. It hasn't hurt yet as the MIAA has gotten 2 teams in. The other conferences have similar teams at the bottom as well.

Comment

You are viewing this through a rational eye.

The others are viewing it through the experience of the last few years. Unfortunately, they're most likely correct.

Comment

Originally posted by BearcatDude View Post

And the university presidents should be clamped in a pillory for public shaming.

Comment

Sure, it mattered when noncons were played by all. That was what 2013 and prior for the MIAA anyway. That is not today's reality. The 2-2-2-1 format is going to be very difficult to break.

There is little incentive to play noncons in a 4 team region with 12 team conferences. Today, win totals within a conference are all that really matters. Start playing noncons you are at the mercy of your conference schedule. What if you happen to be scheduled to play Lincoln and NSU this year while another conference team avoids those 2? With the introduction of dynamic seeding by the NCAA that incentive is even further diminished as only the 1 seed is protected in the first round.

You're going to need at minimum 11 team conferences playing 1 ooc game within all 4 conferences to begin to see scheduling fully matter again. I just don't see the competitive incentive from an institutional standpoint to move in that direction.

Comment

Originally posted by NW Normal View Post

I would love to see a re-match. BTW, I haven't seen us block an extra point in a long time!
                              15 yards, bad form and picking at a wound......

Comment

Originally posted by Taxman View Post

Sure, it mattered when noncons were played by all. That was what 2013 and prior for the MIAA anyway. That is not today's reality. The 2-2-2-1 format is going to be very difficult to break.

There is little incentive to play noncons in a 4 team region with 12 team conferences. Today, win totals within a conference are all that really matters. Start playing noncons you are at the mercy of your conference schedule. What if you happen to be scheduled to play Lincoln and NSU this year while another conference team avoids those 2? With the introduction of dynamic seeding by the NCAA that incentive is even further diminished as only the 1 seed is protected in the first round.

You're going to need at minimum 11 team conferences playing 1 ooc game within all 4 conferences to begin to see scheduling fully matter again. I just don't see the competitive incentive from an institutional standpoint to move in that direction.
                                Getting a playoff spot is the incentive. As discussed, make a non con game a requirement for a playoff spot and it happens.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X