Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why's there no UCM game thread over here?

Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Shanghai Mule View Post

After the Northwest game and the 'Bolles Blows' post, I heard that KMA was court ordered into sensitivity training and maybe some bible study at the request of NW fans from Nebraska. We're hoping to spring him loose by game time.

Nice
    Cool Story Bro

Comment

Since I told KMA that Bolles 1.0, Bolles 2.0 were at our tailgate last weekend wearing all red with green NC rings on, I think he out buying all green clothes and having someone fabricate a red NC ring for them to reverse the curse.

Comment

KMA is at home with his Bolles 3.0 voodo doll.

Comment

Originally posted by Gorilla John 92 View Post

How true......

I do not expect a large crowd for tomorrow but the halls are staying open for students who want to go to the game. I am attending just like I did the last time the Mules had a home playoff game which was a win and I expect a win again tomorrow.

The key to the game is Bolles 3.0. As he goes so do the Mules. Bolles has not run as much as he did in his junior year campaign and I hope that he does more for the remainder of the season. Adding this dimension will make it tougher on defenses. I don't think Indy has a dominate front four like NW so that should bode well for the mules. The Mules need to establish the run early and I look for the Mules to put up points in the first quarter. If they jump out to a lead they need to keep the foot on the gas.

The Mules will miss Kolson Crane at LB but have rotated a ton of guys all year so I have not scouted Indy that much but they did beat up on Hayes last year in Hays. Not sure what happened in the Lwood game but was surprised at the outcome. I shouldn't as Lwood was the Jekyll and Hyde of the MIAA when they were here. Mules need to tackle well and eliminate giving up big plays and not allow Indy to control the line of scrimmage or TOP.

The Mules can not afford to put themselves in a hole like at weekend's debacle at NW. Even with that, they had a chance to cut the lead to one score late in the game but are they on borrowed time? I want a win as I do not want the Mules to be put in the Hays category as first round busts in the playoffs.

The weather should not be a problem but it will be cool, mid 40's and the mules CAN NOT afford to miss extra points or have kicks blocked. Davidson is a weapon in the punting game but I hope he is rarely used.

Lastly, officiating and stupid penalties. If they allow the mules receivers to be mugged down the field, in particular Davidson, it could be a long day for the Mules. Lastly, in tight games this year, the mules have been their worst enemy when it came to drive ending penalties on offense. That has to improve or it will be an early exit.

As for limited conversation from the mule fans, there aren't that many of us that get into smack talk. Juice must be lurking somewhere and KMA will occasionally enter the fray. The remainder of us, are not as apt to "mix it up". Even we we do, the thread always seems to turn into a Pitt/NW thread and that is well....old and stale. Look at the few pages in the Bolles 3.0 thread.
          Mugging goes both ways with Davidson.

Comment

Originally posted by GreenwoodBearcat View Post
            Since I told KMA that Bolles 1.0, Bolles 2.0 were at our tailgate last weekend wearing all red with green NC rings on, I think he out buying all green clothes and having someone fabricate a red NC ring for them to reverse the curse.
            Shouldn't the red clad Bolles clan have been at the UCM tailgate party?

Comment

Originally posted by Predatory Primates View Post
              Mule posters don't actually talk about Football anymore.
              If Indy posters show up a little timid and with the Pitt fans having plenty of idle time, maybe PP and his pack of baboons could show Indy posters the ropes.
              Last edited by Donkeydamus; 11-22-2019, 02:51 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Donkeydamus View Post

Shouldn't the red clad Bolles clan have been at the UCM tailgate party?
                Maybe, but they whole family was at the NW tailgate. I guess we served better chow...ahahah

Comment

Not many UIndy posters but I can talk a little bit about them after watching them so much this year.

I think with UCM's high risk high reward defensive philosophy, the Greyhounds are going to score in bunches. UIndy is phenomenal at ball security and protecting the qb. It's tough to force then into mistakes. I don't think you'll see the Mules getting the big defensive plays they need. Also, UIndy is so multiple on offense, they can burn you in a variety of ways.

Defensively, UIndy has been the best in the conference. What gives me pause is their performance against lindenwood. While they did pick brister off 3 times, they also got torched. The mules have comparable offensive skill and could do the same.

I think both offenses are going to score in bunches, but Uindy has a few playmakers on defense thatcan make a difference.

Uindy 52
                  Ucm 49
                  Cool Story Bro

Comment

Originally posted by Donkeydamus View Post

If Indy posters show up a little timid and with the Pitt fans having plenty of idle time, maybe PP and his pack of baboons could show Indy posters the ropes.
                    Ropes? You mean how to go 5-0 then completely tank...

Comment

My whole family went to the 2010 game, that's probably the last time anyone went with me to a football game (I frequently have company at baseball, basketball & volleyball games). My wife has other plans for me tomorrow morning/afternoon, so I will probably only get to watch some of the game on my computer.

As for posting in a football game thread, I'm not a big enough fan to have anything interesting to say regarding the X's & O's of Mules football. I honestly don't watch the game close enough to catch the small stuff.

Comment

Ropes? You mean how to go 5-0 then completely tank...
                        Pitt went 5-0. I remain undefeated.

Comment

Originally posted by bigsig50 View Post
                          Not many UIndy posters but I can talk a little bit about them after watching them so much this year.

I think with UCM's high risk high reward defensive philosophy, the Greyhounds are going to score in bunches. UIndy is phenomenal at ball security and protecting the qb. It's tough to force then into mistakes. I don't think you'll see the Mules getting the big defensive plays they need. Also, UIndy is so multiple on offense, they can burn you in a variety of ways.

Defensively, UIndy has been the best in the conference. What gives me pause is their performance against lindenwood. While they did pick brister off 3 times, they also got torched. The mules have comparable offensive skill and could do the same.

I think both offenses are going to score in bunches, but Uindy has a few playmakers on defense thatcan make a difference.

Uindy 52
                          Ucm 49
                          Contrary to what one Pitt poster says, the Mules defense does not operate under a high risk high reward philosophy. That implies that they sell out pretty much every play. They will bring the heat from different positions when it's to their advantage, but they will also play it straight up. If Indy thinks they will catch the Mules with their pants down every other play, they're wrong. The Mules defense (and rushing attack) have kept the team in games when our passing attack was not at its best. The Mules might put up 50 points, but Indy will not.

Comment

Maybe, but they whole family was at the NW tailgate. I guess we served better chow...ahahah
                            Ya, it's hard to beat deep fried monkey meat on a stick (pregame) and roasted donkey flanks (post game).
                            Last edited by Shanghai Mule; 11-22-2019, 04:26 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by bigsig50 View Post

Uindy 52
                              Ucm 49
                              Pretty sure the Mules have been more battle tested week in and week out in the MIAA than the Greyhounds have been in the GLVC.....just saying.

Comment

Somebody go to the nursing home and wake up the UCM posters. I've got other things to do besides babysit this thread all evening.

GO MULES.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X