Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Partridge Right or Wrong?

This is incorrect. It had nothing to do how he felt like he should of been treated. The new coach and Caldwell did not mesh well and had differences but it wasn't because he wanted to be treated differently. There was a lot to the story and not my place to be airing it on a message board.

Comment

Originally posted by Brandon View Post
      This all depends on your perspective.

I think the kid learned to try to sacrifice personal gain for team gain. His style works best when he can get most of the carries and gets a bunch of small gains then busts through for a long gain. He was never going to get 25 plus carries per game at NW. Plus, he knew that he would have to compete with other competent backs for carries.

So if he was looking to be part of something bigger, it was successful. If he wanted to be the all-time leading rusher at a school, it might have been a mistake.

I admire someone who wants to be part of something special at a personal loss. I also admire his loyalty to Coach P.
      The entire list of NW RB's who have avg. 60+ ypg and avg. 6.0 or more ypc over the past 7 seasons:

Isaiah Strayhorn
      Josh Caldwell

Joining names such as Omon, Council, Franklin, and Simmons prior to that.

Comment

Originally posted by Alfred33 View Post
        I think from a statistical results standpoint, it was probably disappointing for both Northwest and Caldwell. I don't put that on the kid though... it's hard to know what might have been if he hadn't been banged up all year long. Add to that, he was part of a committee and Northwest didn't exactly have a road grader offensive line for him to produce behind. He showed some flashes and I think he proved he's a tough kid, because I don't think he was physically "right" for a good chunk of the season. I wouldn't say it was a bad decision or the wrong decision by any means, but it didn't become the perfect storm we had all hoped for.
        Was Strayhorn disappointing as well?

RUSHING GP Att Gain Loss Net Avg TD Long Avg/G
        Strayhorn,I. 13 136 884 10 874 6.4 7 84 67.2
        Caldwell,Josh 13 139 854 24 830 6.0 11 46 63.8

RECEIVING GP No. Yards Avg TD Long Avg/G
        Caldwell,Josh 13 13 55 4.2 2 20 4.2
        Strayhorn,I. 13 5 33 6.6 0 18 2.5

Caldwell's career ypc over 3 seasons at MW was 6.0. Exactly what he did at NW.

He scored 13 TDs. More than any season at MW. A conference championship. A playoff win. 10 total wins. As many or more than any 2 seasons combined at MW. Short of transferring to Ferris or Valdosta I'm not sure how you could have asked for a more successful season.
        Last edited by Taxman; 01-02-2019, 03:56 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Kiss My Ass View Post
          GB - It seems like PP, in his sneaky way, is calling you a female body area that starts with P.
          Nah. It's from Major League.

Comment

Originally posted by Taxman View Post
            The entire list of NW RB's who have avg. 60+ ypg and avg. 6.0 or more ypc over the past 7 seasons:

Isaiah Strayhorn
            Josh Caldwell

Joining names such as Omon, Council, Franklin, and Simmons prior to that.
            I would never have guessed that each averaged over 6 ypc.

Really the sacrifice Caldwell made was the amount of carries.

Comment

Was Strayhorn disappointing as well?

RUSHING GP Att Gain Loss Net Avg TD Long Avg/G
              Strayhorn,I. 13 136 884 10 874 6.4 7 84 67.2
              Caldwell,Josh 13 139 854 24 830 6.0 11 46 63.8

RECEIVING GP No. Yards Avg TD Long Avg/G
              Caldwell,Josh 13 13 55 4.2 2 20 4.2
              Strayhorn,I. 13 5 33 6.6 0 18 2.5

Caldwell's career ypc over 3 seasons at MW was 6.0. Exactly what he did at NW.

He scored 13 TDs. More than any season at MW. A conference championship. A playoff win. 10 total wins. As many or more than any 2 seasons combined at MW. Short of transferring to Ferris or Valdosta I'm not sure how you could have asked for a more successful season.

Comment

Originally posted by GrifFan View Post
                More globally, I think a lot of fans thought an improved running game would lead to a return to the glory days.
                Admittedly, I'm down in KC and not in Maryville, but I don't recall many people thinking a return to the championship game was in the cards this year. I think they took a step in the right direction.

Comment

Admittedly, I'm down in KC and not in Maryville, but I don't recall many people thinking a return to the championship game was in the cards this year. I think they took a step in the right direction.

Comment

#closetNWfan

Seriously short of a NC what could Caldwell have done or wanted more?

Comment

On a side note, a vast improvement in the passing game, not running game, is what NW needs to return to national relevance. But it appears they are going to follow the Chiefs and Pitt State approach to improvement.

Comment

Originally posted by JR Chaney View Post
                        This is incorrect. It had nothing to do how he felt like he should of been treated. The new coach and Caldwell did not mesh well and had differences but it wasn't because he wanted to be treated differently. There was a lot to the story and not my place to be airing it on a message board.

Comment

#closetNWfan

Seriously short of a NC what could Caldwell have done or wanted more?

Comment

Originally posted by GrifFan View Post
                            national championship
                            Side note:

It has been my experience that most decent teams feel like they can win the championship, even when it's not realistic. Has that been your experience?

Comment

I'll take his numbers every single season. They were good enough to win a Natty. He ran the ball better than any RB in the past 3 NC seasons for NW. And if you, and others, want to continue to call him a disappointment, to think his floor was better than Phil Jackson and Cameron Wilcox's ceiling says a lot about his talent and expectations (or the others' lack thereof :bulgy-eyes:). In addition, I think most would say Strayhorn had a great season. Their numbers were almost identical! Strayhorn = disappointment?

Comment

Side note:

It has been my experience that most decent teams feel like they can win the championship, even when it's not realistic. Has that been your experience?
                                Something about 43 miles comes to mind...

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X