Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Partridge Right or Wrong?

Originally posted by Taxman View Post
    Statistically better than the 2017 FH OL you love to rave about. No doubt having a personal connection clouds your perception. Btw, I'll take my material back now...
    When have I ever claimed '17 Hays line was great? Better than NW yes, but great, not one time. And we got Brandon chirping from the clouds some helmet BS. Watch the NW line, are they running draw everytime? High helmets, clinic stuff, that only looks pretty. Then watch UCO Oline. And that fat little Sherman kid wasn't good. All Centers make calls, he was on a team with an unstoppable defense. That kid belonged on an ESU line with the rest of the fat space heaters.

Also what does I'll take my material back mean? Do u have a schtick on here I am not aware of? You are a forgettable poster.

Comment

2013 line was a good one!

Comment

Originally posted by NW Normal View Post

2013 line was a good one!
        I remember reading about them in the paper, Frequently caused trouble at a gentlemans only establishment called the Malebox.

Comment

Originally posted by HookemHerd View Post
          When have I ever claimed '17 Hays line was great? Better than NW yes, but great, not one time. And we got Brandon chirping from the clouds some helmet BS. Watch the NW line, are they running draw everytime? High helmets, clinic stuff, that only looks pretty. Then watch UCO Oline. And that fat little Sherman kid wasn't good. All Centers make calls, he was on a team with an unstoppable defense. That kid belonged on an ESU line with the rest of the fat space heaters.

Also what does I'll take my material back mean? Do u have a schtick on here I am not aware of? You are a forgettable poster.
          No helmet BS. I expect more out of you than to accuse me of that. I thought you were better than a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by Brandon View Post
            No helmet BS. I expect more out of you than to accuse me of that. I thought you were better than a troll.
            Help out D2football.com - click on an ad

Comment

It's weird. Like I would invent some story about helmets that make less noise. I have talked about how great those helmets all year.

Comment

I don't even know what this means

Comment

I don't even know what this means

Thought I was the only one.

Comment

Originally posted by Brandon View Post
                    It's weird. Like I would invent some story about helmets that make less noise. I have talked about how great those helmets all year.
                    The helmets were never the point Brandon. Cool if they have new safety features. But in general line play was passive. And if we are being technical, if a lineman or linecoach is saying make helmet contact first then they are dumb. Strike with the hand and get control, at most dip and lower a pad to get into a man double. Hell even cutting the helmet shouldn't be in play

Comment

Comment

That must include QB runs/ scrambles? He was slick. Agreed Oline play really jumped downhill fast. Too many kids happy just making a position block. Need more kids that want to pummel a DL down the field.

Comment

That must include QB runs/ scrambles? He was slick. Agreed Oline play really jumped downhill fast. Too many kids happy just making a position block. Need more kids that want to pummel a DL down the field.
                          We are fixing it with the kids, but our first group are jrs in high school right now. We have lineman all the way down to 4th grade that we are showing how to play fast and physical.

Comment

Originally posted by Rainy View Post
                            So, I'm cruising the internet tonight and run across JP's twitter feed. 11/11/18 twitter post shows Josh Caldwell and says "One of the worst decisions made by one program and one of the best by another one."

That got me to thinking how did this work out for MW? So, I pulled a few stats:

Year Yards Gained Avg Rushing YPC Avg YPG Coach

2018 2,824 5.50 219.50 MW

2017 2,750 5.00 216.70 MW

2016 2,688 4.70 218.10 JP

2015 2,289 4.2 180.50 JP

2014 1,917 3.7 146.00 JP

Don't get me wrong, I think JC is a great guy. However, it doesn't really look like we were hurt at all without him. I will also note that in 2017 (MW's first year) we had a very young offensive line.

The NW posters can let us know from their side if it was one of their "best" decisions.

From my perspective, the tweet doesn't appear to hold water.
                            Jerry's tweet is by definition short and hard to gain context on. I think he's not talking about production or success, but just that he loves Caldwell and is on his side in this situation.

I don't really understand the context of the rest of this thread. Whatever happened between Caldwell and the staff at MWSC it clearly was a situation that devolved into being mutually beneficial for Caldwell to exit. It doesn't have to mean that Caldwell was a problem or that the MWSC staff are a problem. It could simply have been that for whatever reason, the two did not mesh and sometimes something that appears minor festers and grows to a point where the two parties need to separate. It's sad, but in life not all that uncommon.

Caldwell's decision to go NW also wasn't that hard to believe. They had a need at his position, they gave him a potential opportunity to play in the playoffs, and NW clearly needed to upgrade the talent/durability in the RB room. I get that they are rivals with the Griffs, but all sides, IMO, were just looking for a fit. It made complete sense regardless of the potential animosity it could have created. I think any of Caldwell's MW teammates probably were disappointed he chose NW while simultaneously happy he found a place to go.

As far as impact to NW, Caldwell was a talented kid and by all accounts a good kid. So he didn't have the season we all expected from him. Whatever, it was his senior season and I guarantee he gave it everything he had (that's what almost all people playing their last football games do). The fact that NW didn't make it farther was again, whatever. Yes, NW fans wish they would have and will overanalyze why (including me), but that doesn't make it an unsuccessful year.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X