X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: MWSU helmets

Comment

Back in those days the NFL had team dentists.

The first week of college football the mouth guards hadn't come in yet. Coach told us that they would get there soon. But one of our tackles broke two teeth before they did. Not a good deal.

Comment

Originally posted by GreenwoodBearcat View Post
        Why....do you wear one around...:laugh:
        I'm a target. Have to take precautions.

Comment

Originally posted by laker View Post
          As long as we are talking about player safety- check out the Kato Collar, used to reduce concussions and neck injuries.

https://guardianathletics.com/kato-collar/
          This looks like a pretty simple, yet effective device. Lather it up with Vaseline and you might be able to eliminate horse collar tackles as well. ;)

Comment

Someone must have a big checkbook at $750 each plus parts those are nice helmets for sure. The best way to prevent concussions is to be well hydrated. All of the studies show your risk of concussions for down almost 80% in a well hydrated brain. Also as much as I like the VT testing and the NFLPA testing the facts are that if you use the NFL data you will find that the Riddell Flex actually had a lower concussion rate than the VICIS according to the stats of game injuries. And NFL stats dont always work on college players results either. NFL teams have professionals that know how to fit, inspect and adjust helmets to provide the best protection. Some colleges do, some dont...at the HS level is is tragic to see how many kids have the wrong size or fit on their head. So drink lots of water, have the fit correct and write a very nice thank you note to that donor!! Good luck!

Comment

I have a tailgate hard hat with two plastic bottles attached and a drink tube. Guess that wouldn't work for football. Champ makes some good points. Wish the Mules had better helmets to protect their brains, but maybe that would be like putting lipstick on a pig. The 'Mooles' morons will like that one.
              Last edited by Kiss My Ass; 04-17-2019, 12:18 PM.

Comment

Speaking of helmets, Griffon football is celebrating 50 years this season with some throwback helmet decals:

Comment

Throw back or throw up?

Comment

Originally posted by GrifFan View Post
                    Speaking of helmets, Griffon football is celebrating 50 years this season with some throwback helmet decals:

The first three from the left to the middle look good; the last two, not so much. The one second from the right looks like Foghorn Leghorn.

Comment

I say...I say boy them helmets is about as useless as a back pocket on a t-shirt.

Comment

I loves me some foghorn leghorn.

Comment

Originally posted by catfan4life View Post
                          The first three from the left to the middle look good; the last two, not so much. The one second from the right looks like Foghorn Leghorn.
                          There was a former SID who called that version of the griffon or one like it the angry chicken.

Personally I like the script Griffs on the right.

Comment

There was a former SID who called that version of the griffon or one like it the angry chicken.

Personally I like the script Griffs on the right.
                            I like any decal where you do not have to remove the mask and trim around the decals to make them fit the helmet....LOL..I personally like the helmet in the middle. Good stuff...

Comment

4, 2, 5, 3, 1.

all good though.
                              Go Bearcats!
                              M-I-Z-Z-O-U!

Comment

Originally posted by catfan4life View Post
                                that's why i like it. it's very collegiate from days of yore.
                                Go Bearcats!
                                M-I-Z-Z-O-U!

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X