• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ozzy to benedictine

https://twitter.com/ravenathletics/s...738307074?s=21

guess we got a coach to hire too
    Go Bearcats!
    M-I-Z-Z-O-U!

Joel should do well at BC. Congrats to him and good luck! Another HC on Mel Coaching Tree

Comment

I wish Ozzy well and will miss his eternal optimism.

Comment

Whoa... Wilcox finally retired?! He's been coaching there longer than I've been alive.

Comment

Yes, he won over 300 games and called it quits. I saw him and another gentleman in Benedictine coats at the Northwest/L-wood playoff game in 2019 talking with AD. I wonder if they were checking out Osborn then?

Last edited by NW Normal; 01-17-2021, 08:52 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by NWFanatic View Post
            Joel should do well at BC. Congrats to him and good luck! Another HC on Mel Coaching Tree
            Other than Svoboda, has that coaching tree had much success at schools other than Northwest?

Comment

Wonder what former bearcats he will add to his staff?

Comment

Originally posted by HookemHerd View Post
                Wonder what former bearcats he will add to his staff?

I wonder how doubtful that will be with replacing some of those staff? Check out the longevity of those assistant coaches currently with the Benedictine Raven football program ... Charles Gartenmeyer been there 46 years ... Jon Stammers been there 34 years ... George Papageorgiou been there 20 years ... Fran Johnson been there 16 years ...ALL with prior ties to Benedictine. Crazy experience.

https://www.ravenathletics.com/roster/0/5.php

Comment

Originally posted by Randy View Post

Other than Svoboda, has that coaching tree had much success at schools other than Northwest?
                  Interesting. Caused me to do some research.
                  Year Coach School Record PO Best Rec Notes
                  2006 Bart Tatum Missouri Southern 25-39 0 2007 6-5 Only winning season
                  2010 Will Wagner Angelo State 42-37 1 2014 9-3 Quarterfinals
                  2010 Jim Svoboda Central Missouri 81-36 3 2010 11-3 Quarterfinals
                  2011 Adam Dorrel Northwest Missouri 76-8 6 13/15/16 15-0 National Champions
                  2017 Rich Wright Northwest Missouri 31-8 3 2019 12-2 Quarterfinals
                  2020 Charlie Flohr South Dakota Mines 2-2 n/a 2020 2-2 Covid-19

Comment

Originally posted by Brandon View Post

Interesting. Caused me to do some research.
                    Year Coach School Record PO Best Rec Notes
                    2006 Bart Tatum Missouri Southern 25-39 0 2007 6-5 Only winning season
                    2010 Will Wagner Angelo State 42-37 1 2014 9-3 Quarterfinals
                    2010 Jim Svoboda Central Missouri 81-36 3 2010 11-3 Quarterfinals
                    2011 Adam Dorrel Northwest Missouri 76-8 6 13/15/16 15-0 National Champions
                    2017 Rich Wright Northwest Missouri 31-8 3 2019 12-2 Quarterfinals
                    2020 Charlie Flohr South Dakota Mines 2-2 n/a 2020 2-2 Covid-19

Comment

Dorrel is a great coach.

It's a rebuild just like most of the others were, plus it's FCS. They won three games in 2015 and two games in 2016 before he arrived. It's a little like Tatum at Southern except ACU had been to the playoffs multiple times in D2. Southern averaged 3.5 wins a season between Lantz and Tatum and has averaged 2.8 wins per season after Tatum.

Svoboda has done the best outside of Dorrel, but Central was in the best shape of any of the programs outside of Northwest.

Comment

Dorrel is a great coach.

It's a rebuild just like most of the others were, plus it's FCS. They won three games in 2015 and two games in 2016 before he arrived. It's a little like Tatum at Southern except ACU had been to the playoffs multiple times in D2. Southern averaged 3.5 wins a season between Lantz and Tatum and has averaged 2.8 wins per season after Tatum.

Svoboda has done the best outside of Dorrel, but Central was in the best shape of any of the programs outside of Northwest.

Outside of inheriting Mel's car keys at Northwest, the jury is still out. I'm willing to give Adam another couple of years at Abilene Christian to see if he can turn it around. Former UCM coach Willie Fritz hasn't done to bad for himself......just saying..

Comment

Originally posted by Kiss My Ass View Post

Outside of inheriting Mel's car keys at Northwest, the jury is still out. I'm willing to give Adam another couple of years at Abilene Christian to see if he can turn it around. Former UCM coach Willie Fritz hasn't done to bad for himself......just saying..
                          He managed the death of his predecessor and then took the team to greater heights than Tjeerdsma ever had.

Fritz has been a great example of how good the opposing coaches were in the MIAA. It's also possible that Willie is better at managing a team at the higher levels than he is at this level, which takes a different approach.

Kim Anderson is still a great coach even though he didn't get it done at Missouri.

Comment

Last edited by Gridiron Bobby; 01-17-2021, 02:01 PM.

Comment

He managed the death of his predecessor and then took the team to greater heights than Tjeerdsma ever had.

Fritz has been a great example of how good the opposing coaches were in the MIAA. It's also possible that Willie is better at managing a team at the higher levels than he is at this level, which takes a different approach.

Kim Anderson is still a great coach even though he didn't get it done at Missouri.

WTF - Now you're trying to change the subject.... .slouch it off..... and compare Abilene Christian to Mizzou...... get out of here with that beercat crap.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X