Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The next few years

With the covid year and extra eligibility, are we getting ready to see some of the best miaa football ever?

Thoughts?

Comment

With the exodus of Flohr and Osborn, will it be the same system? I'm looking forward to seeing some changes on that side of the ball that hopefully better fit what BW does well. With the covid year, at least the new coordinator has had plenty of time to install his playbook, so that shouldn't be an issue.

I'm just excited to get back to MIAA football... it's been too long!

Comment

Originally posted by Alfred33 View Post

With the exodus of Flohr and Osborn, will it be the same system? I'm looking forward to seeing some changes on that side of the ball that hopefully better fit what BW does well. With the covid year, at least the new coordinator has had plenty of time to install his playbook, so that shouldn't be an issue.

I'm just excited to get back to MIAA football... it's been too long!
        You mean better fit by transitioning to RB or the running only QB?

BW must increase his accuracy a significant amount to continue to be QB1. While dynamic plays in the passing and running game are necessary to become an elite QB the floor thus far has been far too low. When the big plays aren't there in the passing game the offense relies entirely on the running game which thankfully was elite.

This is also a WR/TE post.

Comment

Originally posted by Taxman View Post

You mean better fit by transitioning to RB or the running only QB?

BW must increase his accuracy a significant amount to continue to be QB1. While dynamic plays in the passing and running game are necessary to become an elite QB the floor thus far has been far too low. When the big plays aren't there in the passing game the offense relies entirely on the running game which thankfully was elite.

This is also a WR/TE post.
          Maybe I didn't word that quite right... I don't expect the offense to be built around Braden specifically, but hopefully it's a system where he can be a little more consistent and with different leadership and coaching, improve in the areas that you speak of. Touch and accuracy has definitely been an issue... he is going into his 3rd year, so hopefully he can make some strides in that area. More specifically, I'm looking forward to having someone new behind the play calling on that side of the ball... hopefully we'll see better situational play calling, playing to our strengths, masking weaknesses.... Maybe ditching the jet sweep on 3rd or 4th and short, especially against good penetrating defenses... the little things.

Comment

The MIAA should be interesting... with a 2 year window between league play, there is a lot of unknowns. New coaches, new players, old players that haven't played for a longer period of the time than they probably ever have in their lives. Like FG said, those kids ought to be hungry! Outside of my obvious rooting interest in NW, I'm interested to see what UNK does this year... Their quarterback was electric against us last time out.

Comment

Comment

I have expected to see information regarding which players for each team are using the extra year of eligibility. I have not found anything yet. I would think that would be a huge aspect as to which teams have a good season. Does anyone have any information regarding this for each team (especially Northwest)? I'm primarily concerned about big-time players returning for an additional year.

Comment

Originally posted by KCCats View Post
                  I have expected to see information regarding which players for each team are using the extra year of eligibility. I have not found anything yet. I would think that would be a huge aspect as to which teams have a good season. Does anyone have any information regarding this for each team (especially Northwest)? I'm primarily concerned about big-time players returning for an additional year.
                  Excellent point. Can anyone share what the scholarship, extra year, funding situation is now? Do kids get the extra year no matter what? Does it only apply to seniors. How does that affect 36 full scholarships. Does this mean teams won't be able to plug in kids from jucos? Is it based on budget. If so, then look for a giant shift based on what AD values football (for me: Hays, things look bright, WU gonna float around in mediocrity)

Comment

Comment

Everyone got a free year so it will take 4/5 years to get everything worked through the system and no increase in scholarships.

Comment

It was a "red shirt" year for all classes. Wonder if it will change future red shirt strategies with lessons learned from this year.

Comment

Pretty sure the seniors, who would have otherwise been out of eligibility, don't count toward equivalencies. I am 90% sure that was one of the announcements in summer of 2020.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X