Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Jungletron at Pitt

Originally posted by lleachieshusband View Post
    Has anyone done a correlation yet between the acquisition of a new video board and increased team success? :-).

How about a correlation of team success and opening day of an indoor fieldhouse? MoWest, Pitt State . . . (pffff):tongue:

Comment

Originally posted by ZubCat81 View Post
      How about a correlation of team success and opening day of an indoor fieldhouse? MoWest, Pitt State . . . (pffff):tongue:

Comment

Originally posted by lleachieshusband View Post
        Has anyone done a correlation yet between the acquisition of a new video board and increased team success? :-).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        The team needs bigger ABS but instead the fans get bigger ADS!

Comment

Originally posted by ZubCat81 View Post
          Well, MoWest did win the MIAA outright and got our first 2 playoff wins ever two years after the Zoomba Sheep barn opened. The Griffs also had several other successful seasons around that time that resulted in a trip to the playoffs or bowl games. Fort Hays won 2 conference titles around the time that their indoor facility opened. I'm not sure how much correlation their really is, but it has to be positive to some degree. Definitely a recruiting tool and an advantage when inclement weather affects out door practices.

Comment

Originally posted by GRIFFan_Kyle@MoWest View Post
            Well, MoWest did win the MIAA outright and got our first 2 playoff wins ever two years after the Zoomba Sheep barn opened. The Griffs also had several other successful seasons around that time that resulted in a trip to the playoffs or bowl games. Fort Hays won 2 conference titles around the time that their indoor facility opened. I'm not sure how much correlation their really is, but it has to be positive to some degree. Definitely a recruiting tool and an advantage when inclement weather affects out door practices.
            I find it interesting that football typically uses the indoor facilities less than several other sports. It takes football to get them built, yet several other sports use it more. I saw a video where Pitt State's women's basketball team using their indoor facility during off season workouts. I've also seen videos of NW football doing off season training outside in the snow.

Comment

Originally posted by libertybearcat View Post
              I find it interesting that football typically uses the indoor facilities less than several other sports. It takes football to get them built, yet several other sports use it more. I saw a video where Pitt State's women's basketball team using their indoor facility during off season workouts. I've also seen videos of NW football doing off season training outside in the snow.
              I totally agree. These things don't get funded and built until the big money football donors step forward. The sports that probably benefit the most are baseball, soft ball, track & Field, soccer, etc. I don't see how the football team gets any BIG benefit out of the indoor facility other than using it as a recruiting tool to impress wide eyed high school kids.

Comment

Originally posted by Kiss My Ass View Post
                I totally agree. These things don't get funded and built until the big money football donors step forward. The sports that probably benefit the most are baseball, soft ball, track & Field, soccer, etc. I don't see how the football team gets any BIG benefit out of the indoor facility other than using it as a recruiting tool to impress wide eyed high school kids.
                The big seller is all of the outside stuff you can bring in that makes cash for the school and the town. At least it was in Pittsburg. With almost every school having one now, I see the competition for that becoming much stiffer.

Comment

True...D2 has a facilities arms race too...just smaller arms!

Comment

Originally posted by Predatory Primates View Post
                    The big seller is all of the outside stuff you can bring in that makes cash for the school and the town. At least it was in Pittsburg. With almost every school having one now, I see the competition for that becoming much stiffer.
                    It was in Maryville too. My daughter has played in club SB tournaments several times at MoWo...I was surprised the way they structured those tourneys...two 1 day events, vs a single two day event...you'd get more people staying overnight and spending more money in St. Joe. Same number of teams so the event sponsors get the same money, teams play the same number of games. Maybe the economic impact is more important to smaller towns...although I find it hard to believe the hotels, shopping and restaurants in St. Joe would agree.

Comment

Football at Pitt is benefiting from the new locker room and weight room that came along with it.

Comment

Originally posted by PSR View Post
                        Football at Pitt is benefiting from the new locker room and weight room that came along with it.
                        Track and Field has been the biggest beneficiary at Pitt and it's paid off for them. Wish football could say the same.
                        Last edited by GorillaBred; 07-29-2019, 01:35 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by PSR View Post
                          Both are top notch!

Comment

Originally posted by GorillaBred View Post
                            Track and Field has been the biggest beneficiary at Pitt and it's paid off for them. Wish football could say the same.
                            Yes

Comment

Originally posted by GorillaBred View Post
                              Which is why 7-8 wins per season for football has become acceptable. I am glad I got to be part of a once proud tradition, however I am saddened by the fact Pitt has only a mediocre program at best.
                              Sent from my GorillaPad

Comment

Originally posted by cbgorilla View Post
                                Which is why 7-8 wins per season for football has become acceptable. I am glad I got to be part of a once proud tradition, however I am saddened by the fact Pitt has only a mediocre program at best.
                                Picked #3 preseason In the league this year. You should have a better year,.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X